• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bloodbather

Established Member

You guys are doing that thing where you start calling players world class when they're not really world class.

Exceptional? Sure. World Class potential? Definitely. But we don't have any trully world class players.

At most, you should be adding the attribute. Rice is a world class ball winner, but is he a world class player?

Not really.
World class is a vague term. For some it's so exclusive that there's barely anyone in it, for some it's not. Without everyone giving their definition of it, discussions around it become a bit meaningless.

In my case, I think of the phrase in an almost literal sense to make it less vague. I think of it is as a class of players that would make it into a world selection squad or have a genuine case for making it.

Following this definition, Saliba, Rice, and Ødegaard qualify as world class for me. Saka is on the cusp of it but not quite.

fute

Again, that's just your definition. And it seems terribly biased towards attacking players for me, Rodri is certifiably world class, yet I never see him do "the unthinkable'" or be unstoppable, he's just the best in the world at what he's tasked to do, same with defenders.

Doing the unthinkable and unstoppable applies to defenders as well.

Goalkeepers too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Liverpool and United fans say Havertz 100% starts for Liverpool, the clip starts from there.

Nunez is exactly the same age as Havertz. Nunez cost 64+21=85 million pounds. Havertz cost 60+5=65 million pounds.

Havertz can play midfield in addition. Havertz fee was good from a rival in current markets, when they paid like 82 million for him, and adjusted him to EPL and striker position for Arsenal. And will likely be seen even as a minor bargain in the future.

Btw. at the end Terry exposes Carragher in a very nice way, about how Liverpool didn't bottle it but overachieved now according to him (when he said Liverpool will challenge this year at the beginning of the season), but how young Arsenal team last year bottled it when no one expected them to challenge for the title.

Which I have said also, how the criticism was way overboard and contradicting by many.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Nunez is exactly the same age as Havertz. Nunez cost 64+21=85 million pounds. Havertz cost 60+5=65 million pounds.

Havertz can play midfield in addition. Havertz fee was good from a rival in current markets, when they paid like 82 million for him, and adjusted him to EPL and striker position for Arsenal. And will likely be seen even as a minor bargain in the future.

Transfermarkt says Chelsea bought Havertz for 80m Euros, which is £68m. So we got what they paid for him pretty much.

drippin

Transfermarkt says Chelsea bought Havertz for 80m Euros, which is £68m. So we got what they paid for him pretty much.
No. Transfermarkt almost always only tells the fee without add-ons. Look at Mudryk's price for example.

Base fee was 68-72 million pounds. Then probable bonuses for appearances etc. were 8.6 million pounds, and winning UCL & finishing top 4 were automatic 4.3 million pounds. That would be ~72+13 million pounds, so 85 million pounds. But I have said minimum 80-82 million pounds to be conservative in the estimation.

I remember at the time that the fee was talked about as 100 million euros, because I was gutted that Chelsea got him.

Chelsea fans for example of course want to make propaganda that Chelsea only paid the base fee for Leverkusen. The same guys who laughed at Arsenal for getting Havertz and Jorginho from them.
Just a reminder for those who don't know, Havertz base fee was 72 million pounds for Chelsea. Then there were add-ons.

Arsenal paid 65 million pounds with add-ons for him. It looks like Havertz cost Chelsea 80 million pounds minimum with add-ons, and possibly a bit more because he won the UCL etc.

So Chelsea developed Havertz more to the target man role, and adjusted him to his bigger frame and EPL. And sold him minimum 15 million pounds cheaper to Arsenal after that. And now he is 24 years old which is nothing for a CF.

Thanks Todd! I'm sure you wouldn't have needed another CF in addition to Jackson this season.
The 21-year-old arrived at Chelsea last summer for an €80million (around £72m at the time) transfer fee which is the record for a German player.
“The fact that there are various bonuses is no secret. Kai’s success is also positive for us,” Rolfes told German outlet Kicker on Sunday.

The former Germany international did not specify the amount of money that Chelsea would have to pay.

However, Kicker estimated that the bonuses in the deal could reach up to €20m (£17.2m) in total.
It includes €10m (£8.6m) of “probable” bonuses (linked to Havertz’s number of appearances, for example) and another €10m of “improbable” bonuses.

Finishing in the top four in the Premier League and winning the Champions League fall under the latter category, and the report claims Chelsea now have to pay more than €5m (£4.3m) in bonuses after achieving both.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Real success story and testament to Mikel’s incredible ability to analyze and plan this. He foresaw Jesus’ fall and obviously always intended for Kai to play CF, but because of Jesus’ standing in the dressing room and high profile, as well as wanting to keep Nketiah happy, he disguised the signing as a midfield one and played Havertz there. He knew this would allow Havertz to get to know the team and system so he could proper flourish once he was actually deployed up front. Fast forward 8 months and here we are. Jesus as predicted has fallen off a cliff form wise and Havertz has become the unquestionable starting 9, performing very well from an output perspective and helping the team in the run in.

Mastermind.

drippin

Real success story and testament to Mikel’s incredible ability to analyze and plan this. He foresaw Jesus’ fall and obviously always intended for Kai to play CF, but because of Jesus’ standing in the dressing room and high profile, as well as wanting to keep Nketiah happy, he disguised the signing as a midfield one and played Havertz there. He knew this would allow Havertz to get to know the team and system so he could proper flourish once he was actually deployed up front. Fast forward 8 months and here we are. Jesus as predicted has fallen off a cliff form wise and Havertz has become the unquestionable starting 9, performing very well from an output perspective and helping the team in the run in.

Mastermind.
It didn't take any mastermind to see that Jesus was injury-prone so he could not be trusted, and that Nketiah isn't Arsenal starting quality.

That's why Havertz was the perfect transfer as you got rotation for CF & AMF in one player, who is an experienced target man. Said it all summer. No one could give me an example of a similar player who is available, because the profile is so rare.

And the profile has proven to be crucial this season, in every way.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
It didn't take any mastermind to see that Jesus was injury-prone so he could not be trusted, and that Nketiah isn't Arsenal starting quality.

That's why Havertz was the perfect transfer as you got rotation for CF & AMF in one player, who is an experienced target man. Said it all summer. No one could give me an example of a similar player who is available, because the profile is so rare.

And the profile has proven to be crucial this season, in every way.
Critics keep saying we need "better", "WC", but all the names they mentioned is no cheaper and not quite having a profile that Arteta wants.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Mastermind.

:lol::lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Mastermind.
I wish you were my PR guy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'd take him over Lacazette as a forward everyday of the week.
Still, he’s not been “hugely successful” as you say. We still might end the season empty handed with him not doing anything in the CL and on 10 league goals.

That’s average going for a top club. Lacazette got killed for similar output.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Still, he’s not been “hugely successful” as you say. We still might end the season empty handed with him not doing anything in the CL and on 10 league goals.

That’s average going for a top club. Lacazette got killed for similar output.
You got to judge him by modern standards though, players get praised for completing passing these days so I though the standards were rock bottom.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom