• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Not good enough to win big trophies for me.

Jesus has proven to be an injury prone bumm, leaving Kai - who isn’t prolific himself.

It's the bigger picture, we aren't a team that relies on a 9 to score a high percentage of goals. He offers an incredible amount to the team, while putting up good numbers. You can see his confidence is up as he's taking more shots, like the volley today.

The thing that remains to be seen is how he plays if he goes through a dry spell, will his confidence drop easily.

I think we'd really struggle to find a 9 who could do what Havertz is doing.

I wouldn't mind an Evan Ferguson type to throw on in games late on.

fute

The irony is that the one game we did play him in midfield to fit Jesus back into the team, may have cost us the league.

It was less about Jesus who was already fitting back into the team as a winger. It was more about Arteta's last ditch attempt at his master plan. Common sense should have prevailed instead.

1 game doesn't cost you the league. Kai was playing midfield for the 1st half of the season. Some of those games we don't lose with Kai up front. At the same time, Partey was out, Vieira was out, Ødegaard was out for some games. We were rail thin in terms of depth in the midfield.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
A striker who is toying around with the opponents defenders and not the different way around? What a time.

MATHEO

The irony is that the one game we did play him in midfield to fit Jesus back into the team, may have cost us the league.
We played brilliantly in the first half and wasted many chances with him being our best player playing in midfield. We dropped off in the second half because it was our 6th game in 18 days with no rotation. We played equally as bad at Bayern in the second half as well.

In fact, some of the best football we played this season came when he was a midfielder behind Trossard.

He hasnt been perfect at midfield, Id be the first to admit that he struggled at first, but he made progress there and was playing to a good level around January, he needs time to master the position, but dismissing the idea completely seems very premature, and blaming the Villa loss on Arteta playing him at midfield is completely unjustified and lazy analysis more than anything.

fute

We played brilliantly in the first half and wasted many chances with him being our best player playing in midfield. We dropped off in the second half because it was our 6th game in 18 days with no rotation. We played equally as bad at Bayern in the second half as well.

In fact, some of the best football we played this season came when he was a midfielder behind Trossard.

He hasnt been perfect at midfield, Id be the first to admit that he struggled at first, but he made progress there and was playing to a good level around January, he needs time to master the position, but dismissing the idea completely seems very premature, and blaming the Villa loss on Arteta playing him at midfield is completely unjustified and lazy analysis more than anything.

Let's put Kai at LB too while we are at it. Or even goalkeeper. Kai is tall. Calm under pressure.

Just would need time to master the positions.

Who cares if he is playing his best football at CF.

Makes sense.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I've not seen him put in a better all round performance for us.

He deserved a goal for it.

Love that he's physically bullying CB's these days. It's total night and day from the timid uninspiring player that joined us.

Agree , also we always moan about Jesus dropping too deep but so does Kai , yet he's also making runs behind the defenders . He just a really intelligent footballer and the guy is only 24 .

lomekian

Essays are my thing
This place is weird. Everything is amazing despite what looks like another season without any success, after massive spending.
We're on course for our second best ever points total (even extrapolating the old 2 point system into 3 and transferring in a 38 games eason), have equalled our best ever post war wins total with 2 games left (and our 2nd best ever - it'll be our best ever extrapolated if we in our last 2), and since the new year Arsenal have 43 points of a possible 48, 14-1-1, 51 goals 8 allowed. We also currently have our best ever goal difference.

So forgive me if most of us think you and Oxeki and the duck avatar trolls are talking out of your other holes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We're on course for our second best ever points total (even extrapolating the old 2 point system into 3 and transferring in a 38 games eason), have equalled our best ever post war wins total with 2 games left (and our 2nd best ever - it'll be our best ever extrapolated if we in our last 2), and since the new year Arsenal have 43 points of a possible 48, 14-1-1, 51 goals 8 allowed. We also currently have our best ever goal difference.

So forgive me if most of us think you and Oxeki and the duck avatar trolls are talking out of your other holes.
Nobody cares about your bollocks points essays when it’s most likely another season with no trophy or title.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will be a bit of a waste of funds to buy a CF this summer, especially if it pushes Kai back into midfield.

I think we got a little lucky as the main plan was for him to replace Xhaka and that failed, but Mikel (privately) is open to admitting a mistake at least and adapting to it...and however Havertz has ended up playing as our forward, Arteta has very much adapted for it.

Top player, Chelsea selling him to us was a big error...one I was shocked they wanted to make after Jorginho, as this one is much worse from their point of view.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Will be a bit of a waste of funds to buy a CF this summer, especially if it pushes Kai back into midfield.

I think we got a little lucky as the main plan was for him to replace Xhaka and that failed, but Mikel (privately) is open to admitting a mistake at least and adapting to it...and however Havertz has ended up playing as our forward, Arteta has very much adapted for it.

Top player, Chelsea selling him to us was a big error...one I was shocked they wanted to make after Jorginho, as this one is much worse from their point of view.
He'll also know we need even more firepower & an actual out & out striker who is clinical is EXACTLY what we need.

Just because Havertz has scored a few goals doesn't mean we should not buy a striker. That would be madness.

The market for strikers is pretty poor right now, which inflates the cost of any that move, which will be an issue for us. Any striker we buy will be a big gamble.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom