• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GDeep™

League is very weak
With that logic, half of Wenger's tenure here was nothing short of failure.
That’s how most people see it don’t they?

You get into a difficult debate here, as the stadium change and debt repayments will paint a different picture.

Right now it’s the prime, golden period, we can spend whatever we want, within reason.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He'll also know we need even more firepower & an actual out & out striker who is clinical is EXACTLY what we need.

Just because Havertz has scored a few goals doesn't mean we should not buy a striker. That would be madness.

The market for strikers is pretty poor right now, which inflates the cost of any that move, which will be an issue for us. Any striker we buy will be a big gamble.

Think the CF market is pretty dead, some of the fees for players like Toney/Osimhen for their talent level is crazy...not sure it's worth it with how it will disprute our team.

Would rather focus on a top midfielder that can help get Martinelli back to his best, as we KNOW he can score goals in the right system.

Fully trust Kai starting and Jesus as his back up (though not against a younger CF with potential to get great, that's our best bet) especially with how we play with our wide players.

Riou

Only time Wenger failed, was his last 3 seasons here...and after succeeding in almost 2 decades (first half challenging for the league and winning cups, second half getting Top Four and winning cups) a few lows weren't that bad at all.

Not many top managers have it in them to take the bullets for a club the way Wenger did for Arsenal from 2006-2013, would scare most to death...look at Klopp running away the minute he knows his club can't compete anymore.

He really did love Arsenal, tbh.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
At a top club, it’s a failure. Arteta will also tell you the same. 4 years without any trophy now.
There are quite a number top clubs in the world, and we are not (yet) THE BEST.

There is only one winner in the league, and all 19 teams are failure?
What about getting more revenue? More sponsors? Having more chance to attract better players? Setting ourselves to succeed in the long run?
Probably the Kroenkes are more realistic than you.

All that are written off because we cannot win the league against the team that is better than us in almost category?

Since you are this harsh to our team, do you have the same standard to youself and see yourself a failure if you are not the president of a country, CEO of a company, driving the best car, living in the best house, sleeping with the most beautiful woman in the world?

That's why I feel sorry for you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are quite a number top clubs in the world, and we are not (yet) THE BEST.

There is only one winner in the league, and all 19 teams are failure?
What about getting more revenue? More sponsors? Having more chance to attract better players? Setting ourselves to succeed in the long run?
Probably the Kroenkes are more realistic than you.

All that are written off because we cannot win the league against the team that is better than us in almost category?

Since you are this harsh to our team, do you have the same standard to youself and see yourself a failure if you are not the president of a country, CEO of a company, driving the best car, living in the best house, sleeping with the most beautiful woman in the world?

That's why I feel sorry for you.
We’ve spent the last 20 years since the stadium change to be in this position - paying off debts, restructuring the club, having more ambition. Now we can compete. An empty season at a big club is not good enough.

The other 19 clubs have their own targets and values - for some it’s just about staying in the league, for others it’s about top 6, top 8, top 10 etc. If Aston Villa don’t get top 6, it’s a failure for them.

I’m not saying anything groundbreaking. At a top club everybody is under pressure if you’re not winning something.

And yes, I’m failing also, since you’re asking. I’m not on the career path I want, so that’s failure on my part atm.

This is Arsenal, you have to win something.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

We’ve spent the last 20 years since the stadium change to be in this position - paying off debts, restructuring the club, having more ambition. Now we can compete. An empty season at a big club is not good enough.

The other 19 clubs have their own targets and values - for some it’s just about staying in the league, for others it’s about top 6, top 8, top 10 etc. If Aston Villa don’t get top 6, it’s a failure for them.

I’m not saying anything groundbreaking. At a top club everybody is under pressure if you’re not winning something.

And yes, I’m failing also, since you’re asking. I’m not on the career path I want, so that’s failure on my part atm.

Arteta is not under any type of pressure. Move on.

PrinzPoldi

Don't mix up we should win something and we can win something.

If City keeps spending and Pep is their manager, they are still the #1 favorite to win the league.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You don’t know anything about football. Stay out of these conversations.
You're writing paragraphs in the Kai Havertz thread about Arteta being under pressure when you still haven't figured out how the Kroenkes operate. I'm trying to save you from embarrassing yourself but keep digging if you wish. We'll continue laughing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd roll with him next season if we get a new winger
I would absolutely not. We need to sign a top striker. It’s like we want to compete with City but don’t want two top players in any position. It will just be another trophyless season

Riou

Don't mix up we should win something and we can win something.

If City keeps spending and Pep is their manager, they are still the #1 favorite to win the league.

Needs to bring this had boy home for the record 15th time soon then...

arsenal-fc-mikel-arteta-lifts-fa-cup-arsenals-9925685.jpg.webp

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I would absolutely not. We need to sign a top striker. It’s like we want to compete with City but don’t want two top players in any position. It will just be another trophyless season

Where is this top striker though?

fute

Arteta has the right amount of pressure. Yes, you have to win, but there is some perspective, but it is not trophies every year or else.

Look at Tuchel at Munich or Xavi at Barca. Do we really want to be like that?

Progress is being made. Season isn't over yet.

Moral of the story: Kai is not a midfielder.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom