• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Nketiah is not good enough and Jesus is done. Havertz has done well and proven himself to be a solid striker. Get another player like Sesko or even Solanke and let them compete.
I'd be tempted to get Sesko if we can get a half decent fee for Eddie may be doable.
Unless a very good offer comes in for Jesus would keep as long as we are sure his knee can be sorted?

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Nketiah is not good enough and Jesus is done. Havertz has done well and proven himself to be a solid striker. Get another player like Sesko or even Solanke and let them compete.
Yours makes sense...

Still, a lot of professionals here complaining Kai is not good enough and ask for an elite, 30-goal high efficiency striker; not one to rotate and compete.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We need another striker option. Kai is improving but i just don’t feel he is a starting striker quality player. His durability and physical attributes are good but he misses too many chances. Jesus and Eddie have been awful worse than Havertz. Those two should be sold and replaced with a couple other players

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I don't disagree with this. I think we should get a young gun there.

Though I think given the market and that Havertz actually improving quite a bit. He'll be out starter at 9 next season

Mudi

Kai is perfect for our game. I was against getting him and so angry when he was playing at 8 but seeing his contribution at 9, he is the one that will enable the wings to score 10+ goals a season while also contributing 15 goals.

He reminds me of Judas: his finishing and positioning is poor but technical and game involvement is closest to Judas as it gets.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think there’s a lot of people fooling themselves here that somehow ‘they were right’ and ‘Arteta was wrong’ because he appears to be a success at no.9.

The signing was opportunistic, not planned, clearly the club saw a set of qualities that were special and felt that they could find home for those qualities somewhere.

The story at no.8 wouldn’t be over for this player if that’s where we were continuing to play him, he’s had relatively few games there and it takes a while to bed into a complicated system, his confidence is only just getting to the point where we can see what he is and judge him fairly.

Chelsea were never able to get these performances out of him at 9.

There was always a recognition that he could play a number of positions and we’ve had to tinker to get a player hasn’t played well for at least a couple of years now firing again. The first idea of him at 8 didn’t immediately take off but he has at 9, this happens all the time in football and in practical things.

There’s nothing lucky or strange about any of this, the cf position was a problem and we’re still figuring out what to do with left side. Football is a practical, ongoing, evolving endeavour. The bottom line is that the club recognised latent qualities the player has while many fans, (myself included) did not. Take the L and move on.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think there’s a lot of people fooling themselves here that somehow ‘they were right’ and ‘Arteta was wrong’ because he appears to be a success at no.9.

The signing was opportunistic, not planned, clearly the club saw a set of qualities that were special and felt that they could find home for those qualities somewhere.
I think both camps are full of ****e, kinda tired of people saying what Arteta wanted as all of us are clueless about what the idea was.

All we can do is appreciate that it finally works, expected or not, and we can try to forget those few months in midfield and hope to never see that again.

samspade

I think both camps are full of ****e, kinda tired of people saying what Arteta wanted as all of us are clueless about what the idea was.

All we can do is appreciate that it finally works, expected or not, and we can try to forget those few months in midfield and hope to never see that again.
Yh I guess you’re right. I think no. 8 was just what we tried initially, but I think we were always prepared to try a few things with the player. I don’t think we had a cast-iron plan. I’m still not convinced he couldn’t do it 8 tbh, think it could work with more time and tinkering.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’m still not convinced he couldn’t do it 8 tbh, think it could work with more time and tinkering.
It's not worth trying at all, there are some great midfielders on the market and good forward players are impossible to buy these days, so probably best to keep him there

samspade

It's not worth trying at all, there are some great midfielders on the market and good forward players are impossible to buy these days, so probably best to keep him there
I certainly wouldn’t change it, his potential at 9 looks incredible to me to be honest, he’s only 24 too— strikers peak pretty late. I’d like to see us go all out for super 8, I’m praying for musiala personally.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We’ve spent the last 20 years since the stadium change to be in this position - paying off debts, restructuring the club, having more ambition. Now we can compete. An empty season at a big club is not good enough.

The other 19 clubs have their own targets and values - for some it’s just about staying in the league, for others it’s about top 6, top 8, top 10 etc. If Aston Villa don’t get top 6, it’s a failure for them.

I’m not saying anything groundbreaking. At a top club everybody is under pressure if you’re not winning something.

And yes, I’m failing also, since you’re asking. I’m not on the career path I want, so that’s failure on my part atm.

This is Arsenal, you have to win something.

This is wrong unfortunately. Arteta is under no pressure at all since his boss Stan Kroenke couldn't care less about trophies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom