• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Fair play to him for doing well in the 9 position as that was the sort of performance a few years back which made me think he had something in him at Chelsea.

Still think we need a striker who provides us with different qualities regardless of this patch of form he’s shown imo. Not really convinced by his finishing over the course of 38 games but nevertheless he’s done well recently.

Reactions: A_G

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yh I guess you’re right. I think no. 8 was just what we tried initially, but I think we were always prepared to try a few things with the player. I don’t think we had a cast-iron plan. I’m still not convinced he couldn’t do it 8 tbh, think it could work with more time and tinkering.

Whilst I much prefer him as a no.9, his last few performances at 8 were still good, you are right.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Still think we need a striker who provides us with different qualities regardless of this patch of form he’s shown imo. Not really convinced by his finishing over the course of 38 games but nevertheless he’s done well recently.

He's actually slightly overperformed to his xG at Arsenal. He underperformed it at Chelsea. At Leverkuson he significantly overperformed his xG

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Fair play to him for doing well in the 9 position as that was the sort of performance a few years back which made me think he had something in him at Chelsea.

You want Toney?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ironically, this is the post that will end up in other forums “laugh at AM” threads.
It's my opinion.

We had to adjust our tactics and system to make him look semi decent. We dropped so many points in the first half of the season because we were trying to force him into the system. I need a guy that will seamlessly slot into the team. A guy that will raise our performance level.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is wrong unfortunately. Arteta is under no pressure at all since his boss Stan Kroenke couldn't care less about trophies.
I didn’t mean he was under pressure right now. But he can’t keep having seasons without any trophies or titles, fans will get fed up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You want Toney?
I think we need a top goalscoring winger more than we need a top cf. But either will improve us. I'm saying this cos I think the next evolution in this team is to move saka centrally. Teams won't be able to defend against us. That game against Brighton 4 years ago sold me on it. He was the best player on the that day.

Get me Williams.

Also I understand Arteta us trying to make our team bigger and more physically imposing, hence the reason for signing Kai.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You want Toney?

For what Brentford are apparently asking for? No chance 😂 he’s a decent player but 80m or so is a joke.

Ideally I’d prefer a Trossard-esque signing. Someone who can come in and is the opposite of Havertz, Jesus, Eddie etc in front of goal. It doesn’t even have to be a flashy name.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
For what Brentford are apparently asking for? No chance 😂 he’s a decent player but 80m or so is a joke.

Ideally I’d prefer a Trossard-esque signing. Someone who can come in and is the opposite of Havertz, Jesus, Eddie etc in front of goal. It doesn’t even have to be a flashy name.
I just don’t think any of these guys are better than Gabby J especially not Toney.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I just don’t think any of these guys are better than Gabby J especially not Toney.

Issue is we have three CF’s who I wouldn’t put my money on if they were through on goal with a 1 vs 1. We could also do with some pace in our front line.

Just need some variety with our options.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we need a top goalscoring winger more than we need a top cf. But either will improve us. I'm saying this cos I think the next evolution in this team is to move saka centrally. Teams won't be able to defend against us. That game against Brighton 4 years ago sold me on it. He was the best player on the that day.

Get me Williams.

Also I understand Arteta us trying to make our team bigger and more physically imposing, hence the reason for signing Kai.
It will probably be significantly easier to find such a winger than a striker. The striker market is rather poor with inflated prices on the few strikers that would genuinely improve us.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Issue is we have three CF’s who I wouldn’t put my money on if they were through on goal with a 1 vs 1. We could also do with some pace in our front line.

Are you advocating Danny ings?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Or Jim vardy?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Any time you advocate for improvement or more variation in players you gonna get smart ass answers in here like Ings or Vardy. You would think we are the greatest team who has dominated football for years with the arrogance of our fans. You are advocating for strengthening a strike force of havertz Jesus and Nketiah and they talking like you are out of your mind

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Any time you advocate for improvement or more variation in players you gonna get smart ass answers in here like Ings or Vardy. You would think we are the greatest team who has dominated football for years with the arrogance of our fans. You are advocating for strengthening a strike force of havertz Jesus and Nketiah and they talking like you are out of your mind

Nothing new anyways, that’s why I’m not going to even bother 😂 same thing with Tierney, Ramsdale, a wide option etc.

It’s like people don’t realise there are leagues that we can recruit from outside of this farmers league.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom