• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zidane's accomplishments as manager are so hyper specific to the environment (managing a club he's a legend at, full of the actual best players in the world at their position, the same core of which had just won the CL a year prior to his arrival) that I can't say I'm necessarily scared of him at United? That's not to discredit what he did there, 3peat CLs is just freakish and something we might not see again for decades so he's clearly very good at managing the hyper elite through high pressure situations and making tweaks to maximize output, but taking over United side needing a big clear out and rebuild is a wildly different challenge. Obviously I'll look like an idiot if he goes there and instantly mounts a title charge but that's my current feeling.

How good was Zidane tactically, or was it a case of telling the team to pass to Modric and Kroos and letting them dictate? I've got to admit I don't watch much CL

The first thing United need to do is sort out their recruitment and get out the bad eggs. No manager can work with the current XI
I disagree.

His man-management was spot on, especially for Ronaldo. Ronaldo was decidedely tired before he took over.
He got the best out of Casemiro, Isco, Benzema. Then he also nurtured so many of the current players: Nacho, Vinicius, Valverde, Rodrygo.
You could say these were world-class players but they had been struggling.
He also more than just 'tweaked' the system. His counter-attacking 4-3-3 was potent.
He also beat a rampant Barca side which had Messi and Suarez.

Maybe he won't do as good as at Utd or another team, but his wins at Madrid were not a fluke.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if they win today, imagine getting to 2 back to back FA cup finals and losing to your city rivals in both?

Horror stuff that!

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Even if they win today, imagine getting to 2 back to back FA cup finals and losing to your city rivals in both?

Horror stuff that!

It would be but they do have a reasonably decent record against City when playing Oleball. City will probably be more tired too

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It would be but they do have a reasonably decent record against City when playing Oleball. City will probably be more tired too

Every team has a chance in a cup final, it's a one off game.

I am just saying if they do lose in back to back finals, that would be brutal.

Menard

I disagree.

His man-management was spot on, especially for Ronaldo. Ronaldo was decidedely tired before he took over.
He got the best out of Casemiro, Isco, Benzema. Then he also nurtured so many of the current players: Nacho, Vinicius, Valverde, Rodrygo.
You could say these were world-class players but they had been struggling.
He also more than just 'tweaked' the system. His counter-attacking 4-3-3 was potent.
He also beat a rampant Barca side which had Messi and Suarez.

Maybe he won't do as good as at Utd or another team, but his wins at Madrid were not a fluke.

I'm not sure who you're disagreeing with, nobody even remotely suggested his wins were a fluke, just that the managerial skillset required to achieve what he did there might not be directly 1:1 equivalent with the skillset required to take over a United team with loads of rubbish players that need to be shipped out and replacements brought in.

I actually think that if we go close again next year but don't win anything, and the club decides to move on from Mikel, that Zidane would be perfect for us, as we actually have clearly a very good core with a good culture that is on the up, and just need help getting over the final hurdles.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Just reading their match day, there's some glorious posts:

I am THIS close cheering for Coventry
Me too

Don't really have time to watch extra time so if one of the two championship level teams on the pitch could score that would be great.

Not even mad. Laughed when the pen was given.

We should have walked this, especially at 3-0, even playing with ten men.

Tactics poor and subs again look silly in hindisght but the mental strength and attitude of this group is fecking disgusting. Just TRY… RUN…

Rashford is the biggest prick to ever play for this club

Rashford shouldn’t ever play for this club again.

A manager with eyes would have realised this long ago.

What if Coventry had gone for it from the beginning

Speechless. No other PL team would do this. We really are quite special.

Rashford pretending to be injured when no one has touched him, exactly the talisman we need at our club.

We’ve literally had no answer to a Championship teams press. It’s honestly hilarious

It's just clown performance after clown performance.

3 nil up and we're going to extra time against Coventry. You couldn't make it up!

You just know we'll end up dropping points at OT all the same

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure who you're disagreeing with, nobody even remotely suggested his wins were a fluke, just that the managerial skillset required to achieve what he did there might not be directly 1:1 equivalent with the skillset required to take over a United team with loads of rubbish players that need to be shipped out and replacements brought in.

I actually think that if we go close again next year but don't win anything, and the club decides to move on from Mikel, that Zidane would be perfect for us, as we actually have clearly a very good core with a good culture that is on the up, and just need help getting over the final hurdles.
"We almost bought Zidane"

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They should hire either Carrick or the Ipswich manager they need good rebuild and not hire guy because of his name

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom