• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Always liked Newcastle. Always rolls over for us and then usually go and beat the ****. Feel for their fans. They should be where Leicester are right now

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s' last away win in the league was at Craven Cottage in mid January. Out of their last 22 games they won seven (!) including fluke wins and freak results at City and Ajax.

They're just off a loss to Newcastle at home. Pochettino is on record today talking about this being the most unsettled group of players he's ever worked with and they're at a very real risk of losing Vertonghen Alderweireld and Eriksen in twelve months all of them for free, and he's already stopped playing them for that reason now.

They're in deep ****. Not United Oles crashing the ****ing car with no survivors levels of deep **** but they're ****ed nevertheless

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sp**s' last away win in the league was at Craven Cottage in mid January. Out of their last 22 games they won seven (!) including fluke wins and freak results at City and Ajax.

They're just off a loss to Newcastle at home. Pochettino is on record today talking about this being the most unsettled group of players he's ever worked with and they're at a very real risk of losing Vertonghen Alderweireld and Eriksen in twelve months all of them for free, and he's already stopped playing them for that reason now.

They're in deep ****. Not United Oles crashing the ****ing car with no survivors levels of deep **** but they're ****ed nevertheless

Yep, and even if they manage to renew some contract, they have to break their wage structure.

Those players have the upper hand and I think they want a new project and a change of scenery.

How did they manage to end 2 starting CB contracts in the same season, Eriksen cherry on top.

Sanchez was the culprit in Newcastle goal with his positioning, and I read he makes mistakes somewhat often. They didn't even buy CB in advance this summer to prevent panic next year? Oh actually they tried.. Saliba.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know how to feel about them tbh, I think Son and Kane are ballers but the rest of them
are iffy.

Gunner-Union

think spuds could go either way but im leaning towards a fast decline this season. poor fullback one who tried to leave. two cb ready to leave and their best mid wanting to leave and a goof in goal. ali is massively overrated after the one great season and now just wants to score nothing else. kane and son imo are the only top players they have that want to be there. and a losing mentality that makes our psyche look like steele

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What is going on there? I still don’t understand why Trippier left.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Also Wanyama is apparently in Belgium to sign a deal with Club ****ing Bruge. The bloke is 28 :lol:

@bingobob how've you been lad
Sp**s being sensible. Getting rid of a player that performed very well for them up until he suffered reoccurring knee injuries. Maybe we should look at that rather than relying on hope and prayers eventually losing a player for 0.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This squad was always going to split asunder at some point. Assembling a top squad with limited resources is always a matter of luck. Loanees seldom turn out be serial golden boot winners.

Spending 6th in the league you cannot plug all the holes in an 11 man team at the same time, like City can. And usually the rich teams will poach your stars as Arsène continually found out.

They’ve had their turn, it’s only one way now. Regression to their squad cost position was inevitable at some point.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This squad was always going to split asunder at some point. Assembling a top squad with limited resources is always a matter of luck. Loanees seldom turn out be serial golden boot winners.

Spending 6th in the league you cannot plug all the holes in an 11 man team at the same time, like City can. And usually the rich teams will poach your stars as Arsène continually found out.

They’ve had their turn, it’s only one way now. Regression to their squad cost position was inevitable at some point.

How do you think their stadium will affect their expenditure, positive or otherwise?

Smail

we should put a cheeky bid in for Son next summer, in case auba leaves. It would be worth it just to see a Sp**s fan meltdown. And i reckon son would even want to come to us

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How do you think their stadium will affect their expenditure, positive or otherwise?
They did a lot right with that stadium. The design will be very positive. Maximum distance to the pitch 7.9 m. Emirates 14m, Wembley 18m. Having the fans close emphasise the home advantage. Modern irrigation systems, high tech, greater capacity, stellar screens, and special acoustics.

It was supposed to cost £400m but ended up over £800m. Interest costs on such borrowings will hit their finances hard. For 2019, it will be only a part-year cost, but come 2020 it will be a full-year hit. Could easily be £50m a year for interest and balance payments. It’s a hell of a gamble. They need to stay top 4 and be successful.

GunnerShy

They did a lot right with that stadium. The design will be very positive. Maximum distance to the pitch 7.9 m. Emirates 14m, Wembley 18m. Having the fans close emphasise the home advantage. Modern irrigation systems, high tech, greater capacity, stellar screens, and special acoustics.

It was supposed to cost £400m but ended up over £800m. Interest costs on such borrowings will hit their finances hard. For 2019, it will be only a part-year cost, but come 2020 it will be a full-year hit. Could easily be £50m a year for interest and balance payments. It’s a hell of a gamble. They need to stay top 4 and be successful.

My understanding is that Mace were on a Construction Management contract for the stadium which I would expect means the overrun in price and cost is DL’s risk. Won’t be able to recoup much from the Fire alarm contractor in liquidated damages as they’ll be capped as a percentage of their contract. Losing over £100m in talent over the next 12 months regardless of how it plays out. Plus the bite of the stadium.

To give them their due it’s a magnificent stadium, but I think the fans would have liked some silverware from their “golden generation”. If the lessons are to be learned for Tottenham it’s simply that if you won’t pay your players market wages somebody else will. Or more when picked up on a free.

Also, Lo Celso on a loan and buy makes me think they won’t be able to get much in next season. Think they’re still a good chance of top 4 but if they miss that it could get ugly.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My understanding is that Mace were on a Construction Management contract for the stadium which I would expect means the overrun in price and cost is DL’s risk. Won’t be able to recoup much from the Fire alarm contractor in liquidated damages as they’ll be capped as a percentage of their contract. Losing over £100m in talent over the next 12 months regardless of how it plays out. Plus the bite of the stadium.

To give them their due it’s a magnificent stadium, but I think the fans would have liked some silverware from their “golden generation”. If the lessons are to be learned for Tottenham it’s simply that if you won’t pay your players market wages somebody else will. Or more when picked up on a free.

Also, Lo Celso on a loan and buy makes me think they won’t be able to get much in next season. Think they’re still a good chance of top 4 but if they miss that it could get ugly.
And I bet Poch won’t stay to help steer the club through difficult times like Wenger did. He’s seen how that turned out. Best move on at the first sign that money is not forthcoming.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The squad falling apart after a CL final loss with a new stadium debt kicking in... Why does that sound familiar?

If they don't manage CL football it can really damage them.

Top Bottom