• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

BBF

what did i say? and they aren't gonna do nothing because it gonna hurt the UK financially and gonna damage the relation. the PL done big error allowing this and they repeated their mistake with Newcastle but at least with Newcastle they gonna be limited because new rules.

Arteta getting jailed, we're getting relegated, and a lifetime contract for Cedric to be subsidised by the government then. Exciting times ahead.

Up&Up

what did i say? and they aren't gonna do nothing because it gonna hurt the UK financially and gonna damage the relation. the PL done big error allowing this and they repeated their mistake with Newcastle but at least with Newcastle they gonna be limited because new rules.
In a few months time we are going to have a change of government, and Keir Starmer, an Arsenal fan, will be Prime Minister. Nothing to worry about.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Cheating f*ckers.

The PL really dropped a bollock here. So toothless and pathetic. What is the point in announcing that you think City have committed 115 misdemeanours and then letting it hang while you punish lowly teams who have one charge. Any super-rich person or entity obviously thinks they can get out of trouble by throwing money at it, and so here we are. Disgusting 🙄🤔

I hope people start talking more about these charges until it becomes a Lance Armstrong -type situation. Because it is 🤔

In fact-as this thread says- let's start talking about the EVIDENCE

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So so obvious from day one.

You think it’s a coincidence they’ve bought half of Manchester and “developed it” ffs? Soft power over our bent politicians on full display here.

The worst thing is that the PL is so deeply cultured in many countries. No free market. They can get away with it for years before the numbers start going down.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Cheating f*ckers.

The PL really dropped a bollock here. So toothless and pathetic. What is the point in announcing that you think City have committed 115 misdemeanours and then letting it hang while you punish lowly teams who have one charge. Any super-rich person or entity obviously thinks they can get out of trouble by throwing money at it, and so here we are. Disgusting 🙄🤔

I hope people start talking more about these charges until it becomes a Lance Armstrong -type situation. Because it is 🤔

I was complaining about the PL after reading the first couple of posts on this thread. But after having actually read the full thread, my anger is at Man Cheaty and the PL have actually done well here.

Menard

Cheating f*ckers.

There's a reason that you'll see lots of City fans deflecting and trying to delegitimize FFP/PSR as a concept. You'll see them going on about how it's all a monopolistic conspiracy by the "cartel" of traditionally big clubs, an anti-competitive measure to protect themselves from being usurped by plucky ambitious underdogs such as themselves, and that's entirely because any examination of the actual evidence makes it 100% clear they were without a doubt cooking the books. There's not even the slightest element of plausible deniability, so instead their defense becomes "well the rules were rigged against us, so cheating was the NOBLE thing for us to do!"

It's a totally transparent and pathetic moral inversion, almost bordering on Satanic in the Miltonian sense, that only the most self interested partisan fans can believe. Is there ANYONE who is not a City fan who buys the **** they're selling? In fact the only non City fans Ive seen who have cast a sympathetic eye their way recently have been...Newcastle fans. Gee, wonder why that is?

MikeVinna

Established Member
What annoys me is how the media is just sucking them off and no mention of the charges. Guess they just want to uphold the image of the league. Which is exactly why these charges won’t hold up. It’ll be some kind of fine at most because the PL will the laughing stock of the football world if City’s titles are stripped or they’re relegated.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Cheating f*ckers.

This exactly.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

What annoys me is how the media is just sucking them off and no mention of the charges. Guess they just want to uphold the image of the league. Which is exactly why these charges won’t hold up. It’ll be some kind of fine at most because the PL will the laughing stock of the football world if City’s titles are stripped or they’re relegated.
I actually think they're talking about it more and more. Unless it's because it's now more on my radar. Look at this article:

"Instead the Premier League turned a blind eye to immeasurable autocrat wealth, cashed the cheques, bathed in the reflected glory, gripped above all by a faith in the intrinsic virtue of its product, a belief that competitive balance would just happen, was simply in its essential nature. The result – years later – is another Manchester City title that only Manchester City truly care about, and even they occasionally appear to be going through the motions."

" Arsenal were simply the latest team to succumb to the myth that there was ever a race to be won."

"David Moyes said last week that his side would struggle to stop City’s under-14 side, and everyone wrongly assumed it was a joke. Foden scored again. Jérémy Doku had a shot from 20 yards. Rodri poked a shot wide. In between, West Ham would simply give them back the ball so they could try again."

I wouldn't have expected this piece on the day they won.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It's a totally transparent and pathetic moral inversion, almost bordering on Satanic in the Miltonian sense, that only the most self interested partisan fans can believe. Is there ANYONE who is not a City fan who buys the **** they're selling? In fact the only non City fans Ive seen who have cast a sympathetic eye their way recently have been...Newcastle fans. Gee, wonder why that is?
Newcastle shouldnt be sympathetic. It appears they are playing by the rules. They must be frustrated they cant immediatley move themselves to the upper echolens of clubs in the way City did. Sounds like they might have to sell players ffs.

Menard

Newcastle shouldnt be sympathetic. It appears they are playing by the rules. They must be frustrated they cant immediatley move themselves to the upper echolens of clubs in the way City did. Sounds like they might have to sell players ffs.

I didn't mean sympathetic to City's cheating, but sympathetic to the argument City fans make that FFP style rules are all a hustle by the existing big clubs to keep their monopoly going. They know that if those rules were done away with they'd have a world class XI overnight so it's an appealing narrative for them to buy into.

Black240

My job often involves engaging with the CEOs of the organisations I provide services to, including approximately 15% of the FTSE100.

Many of these have been less than inspiring, and some gave the impression of being ‘a bit dodgy’. However, the most impressive I've encountered are Sir Martin Broughton, during his tenure at BAT, and Alison Brittain when she led Whitbread, Costa Coffee, and Premier Inn.

Although I did not work closely with either and only had a few meetings with each, I worked with their organisations for many years.

Sir Martin Broughton played a pivotal role in rescuing Liverpool FC from the turmoil caused by Tom Hicks and George Gillett. He subsequently served as Chairman of Liverpool FC and is now the Chairman of British Airways. He is an avid Chelsea fan and led one of the consortiums trying to buy them from Abramovich. Despite his choice of Club, he’s a really decent bloke.

Alison Brittain, who has been Chair of the Premier League since 2023, is a remarkably competent, shrewd, fair, and honest person. Any allegations of Premier League corruption or complicity with Manchester City's possible wrongdoing during her tenure are wide of the mark. The extended process of handling the charges against Manchester City is more likely because she will demand absolute thoroughness and will want a watertight resolution.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
My job often involves engaging with the CEOs of the organisations I provide services to, including approximately 15% of the FTSE100.

Many of these have been less than inspiring, and some gave the impression of being ‘a bit dodgy’. However, the most impressive I've encountered are Sir Martin Broughton, during his tenure at BAT, and Alison Brittain when she led Whitbread, Costa Coffee, and Premier Inn.

Although I did not work closely with either and only had a few meetings with each, I worked with their organisations for many years.

Sir Martin Broughton played a pivotal role in rescuing Liverpool FC from the turmoil caused by Tom Hicks and George Gillett. He subsequently served as Chairman of Liverpool FC and is now the Chairman of British Airways. He is an avid Chelsea fan and led one of the consortiums trying to buy them from Abramovich. Despite his choice of Club, he’s a really decent bloke.

Alison Brittain, who has been Chair of the Premier League since 2023, is a remarkably competent, shrewd, fair, and honest person. Any allegations of Premier League corruption or complicity with Manchester City's possible wrongdoing during her tenure are wide of the mark. The extended process of handling the charges against Manchester City is more likely because she will demand absolute thoroughness and will want a watertight resolution.
Are these individuals a part of the investigation panel, where's the context of bringing them up here ?

Thrice

I actually think they're talking about it more and more. Unless it's because it's now more on my radar. Look at this article:

"Instead the Premier League turned a blind eye to immeasurable autocrat wealth, cashed the cheques, bathed in the reflected glory, gripped above all by a faith in the intrinsic virtue of its product, a belief that competitive balance would just happen, was simply in its essential nature. The result – years later – is another Manchester City title that only Manchester City truly care about, and even they occasionally appear to be going through the motions."

" Arsenal were simply the latest team to succumb to the myth that there was ever a race to be won."

"David Moyes said last week that his side would struggle to stop City’s under-14 side, and everyone wrongly assumed it was a joke. Foden scored again. Jérémy Doku had a shot from 20 yards. Rodri poked a shot wide. In between, West Ham would simply give them back the ball so they could try again."

I wouldn't have expected this piece on the day they won.
Nothing about the charges though. More like a general statement about lost parity because of uber rich clubs.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom