• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Arsenal over the last decade you said?

2019 : Finished 5th and reach UEL final

2017 : Win the FA Cup

2016: Title race

Arsenal with arteta: Spent £ 600 million, finished 8 twice ,bottled top four once, bottled the league title twice. Lost against the likes of vilareal, olympiakos, sporting in Europe

Like i said, we have had an almighty squad overhaul, it was never going to be done in 1 or 2 seasons. Am i happy with every decision? No. However, each season, i have seen progress. You might judge every season on trophies, but not everyone does the same, it goes back to that Arteta quote "Whats more important, the journey or the destination"

Currently, I am seeing progress, I like most players in the squad, i look forward to watching them play every week, the trophies will come.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make anyway?

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
Im not asking the cultists, Im asking you mate.

You said "absolutely not" when asking if we should sack "nothing special" Arteta this season if we go trophyless.

Why are you even bothering with this nothing special manager to begin with? Why waste another season?
We all know arteta has the owner and management on chokehold. They literally extended him when everyone wanted him to be sacked.

However if it was up to me I'll have sack him already

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Arsenal with arteta: Spent £ 600 million, finished 8 twice ,bottled top four once, bottled the league title twice. Lost against the likes of vilareal, olympiakos, sporting in Europe

Question -

What is your definition of “bottling”?

I don’t believe getting 89 points in the league is bottling anything, so what’s your definition?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The question is, should Arsenal sack Mikel Arteta if they go trophyless again next season ?

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it? If the team that has won 5/6 PL titles, likely to be 6/7 go big in the summer like many expect them to, and teams carry on rolling over for them then it will be hard to win the PL no? And if Madrid get Mbappe it would be hard to win the CL. Would not winning either the PL or CL be a sackable offence in these circumstances?

I'd like us to do better in the cups, but it's really down to circumstance and luck of the draw.

Personally, i just want to see us compete while playing good football. That means competing with City in the PL, and going deep into the KO stages of the CL again, but i get others may feel differently.

HattoriHanzo

Finished twice under Arteta? Are you sure that both seasons it was all under Arteta?
Since the start of this season, Arsenal were never 1st favourit to win the title, always 2nd or 3rd. How can this be called bottling?
If Arsenal are bottlers this season, what about Liverpool?
You can bottle only if you are 1st favourite and you don't win in the end.

HattoriHanzo

Finished twice under Arteta? Are you sure that both seasons it was all under Arteta?
Since the start of this season, Arsenal were never 1st favourit to win the title, always 2nd or 3rd. How can this be called bottling?
Finished 8 twice, of course

GDeep™

League is very weak
There will always be these debates when you have empty handed seasons at a club like Arsenal. Especially when the manager is backed.

It’s nothing new either, managers in the past were in similar discussions despite having a track record of phenomenal success, and then having to work on a budget with a debt to pay off after a stadium change - Arteta has none of these credits in the bank or restrictions.

LookingForEric

There will always be these debates when you have empty handed seasons at a club like Arsenal. Especially when the manager is backed.

It’s nothing new either, managers in the past were on similar discussions despite having a track record of phenomenal success, and then having to work on a budget with a debt to pay off after a stadium change - Arteta has none of these credits in the bank or restrictions.

Context is everything.

The context of this current situation is if Pep was available then you get rid of Arteta.

However, in my opinion, nobody is available who would be able to achieve 89 points or more with this current squad.

You can’t go round saying we have no world class players/top level players and then also say the coach isn’t good enough. Doesn’t make any sense when we’re in back to back title races.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
If coneboy doesn't win today, it is further evidence mounting on why he should not continue as arsenal manager.

If we don't win the league this year, it's not because we "bottled it".

It is the stone cold fact that arteta has not learnt from last season and further reinforces that he simply not good enough to be a multiple title winning manager and will never succeed at arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Context is everything.

The context of this current situation is if Pep was available then you get rid of Arteta.

However, in my opinion, nobody is available who would be able to achieve 89 points or more with this current squad.

You can’t go round saying we have no world class players/top level players and then also say the coach isn’t good enough. Doesn’t make any sense when we’re in back to back title races.
I don’t think we should get rid off Mick. Just saying these discussions have credibility.

If you’re anti Arteta, you have ground to stand on, he’s not winning anything.

Xoxo

The starting midfield for this season was supposed to be mostly Partey-Rice-Ødegaard. Is that miles behind Xhaka-Rice-Ødegaard?

Last season Partey was able to play 3/4 of possible EPL minutes, this season he has been injured. Do you think that affects your assessment of "regression"?

Have you seen th
e underlying metrics, plus goals for & against compared to last season? I can tell you that this season Arsenal has been even better.
That a big lie. Arteta brought Havertz to play Xhaka role, moved Partey to right back, then moved White to Central back, then dropped Gabriel, after Partey injury decided to adjust but still continue to use Kai in the midfield & they struggled. We literally lost again vila because of havertz lcm. This is difference between a great manager like pep, anceloti and cult leader like Arteta. all great coaches acknowledge bad buys and change accordingly but Arteta big ego won't allowed him to do that.

The only metrics that matter in football is trophies and Arteta has only one fa cup in five yrs

LookingForEric

I don’t think we should get rid off Mick. Just saying these discussions have credibility.

IF he finishes on 89 points it’s likely the only thing he could do to improve next season is actually win it/win another trophy.

So I think the discussions need to be next season regardless. I personally won’t be accepting 0 trophies and fewer points next season.

Xoxo

Question -

What is your definition of “bottling”?

I don’t believe getting 89 points in the league is bottling anything, so what’s your definition?
Arsenal had a golden opportunity in the villa game to to go 2 points clear of city and 3 points clear of Liverpool but they lost. That is bottling

Xoxo

Personally i think if arteta has reached his ceiling with this team -which according to you in number 2 then we should move on and hire a manager who will take us to the next step which is winning the league

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal had a golden opportunity in the villa game to to go 2 points clear of city and 3 points clear of Liverpool but they lost. That is bottling

To label it as bottling and ignoring the context that we’ve been perfect in 2024 either side of that blip is a bit ridiculous.

Not even trying to look back at the results at it’s pointless at this stage and fairly unproductive but why does everyone seem to keep pointing to the Villa game? Why not point towards the fact that we could have done a bit more to cut off the snakes head at The Etihad? I know points wise we would have been level with them but it could have potentially stopped their momentum.

It would have been a big ask though.

LookingForEric

So one loss in 2024 is bottling? That is horrendous logic my dude.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
To label it as bottling and ignoring the context that we’ve been perfect in 2024 either side of that blip is a bit ridiculous.

Not even trying to look back at the results at it’s pointless at this stage and fairly unproductive but why does everyone seem to keep pointing to the Villa game? Why not point toward the fact that we could have done a bit more to cut off the snakes head at The Etihad? I know points wise we would have been level with them but it could have potentially stopped their momentum.

It would have been a big ask though.
Arteta put us in a position to do that. Trossard decided not to square the ball to an open player. We were set up perfectly for that smash and grab. The narrative that we defended for our lives is wrong, City had 4 touches in our box and a bunch of toothless, frustrated possession that they did nothing with. Nobody goes to the Etihad trying to outplay them and wins. Had we been able to do what we did at the Etihad this season against them in that fixture last season, we'd have won the league. It's crazy to me that so many on here want to beat the manager and the team up for likely just coming up short against a team that has been cheating for over a decade, has the best manager in the world, damn near 2 starting XIs and has spent just as much as we have the last 2 summers.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom