• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
the technical aspect will always win, and physicality always runs behind, The numbers Solanke Bowen Walkins and Palmer are well deserved. The best academies in the world are now in England, so we are going to see more and more English-educated players excelling. The process started 20 years ago, and now you see that England is a major export of quality players + the league is full of English players that will excel at most teams around the globe. It just comes with having the best league and the most income around, your academies improve.

Regarding the never-ending physicality vs. technicality debate... that was always the case. random example, Jonas Rodriguez, one of the worst footballers I have ever played with. He had a decent career, why? he was fast, strong, and relentless. 99% of technically gifted players I played with, now they have normal jobs.

It is what it is. We still have Ode, Mbappe, Gavi, Rodri. Football is still here, alive and with us. sit back and enjoy.
I'm not sure I'm following. Yes physicality is important but that's always been the case. As gifted as Henry was technically he wouldn't be the same if he had the burst of say Rice or Jesus even if they aren't slow themselves.

English academies have improved a lot but I don't think they're the best in the world, that's easily France imo. England has a golden generation atm but overall their youth teams aren't better run or set up than Spain Italy or Germany even.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It felt a bit second gear yesterday. Not sure if that came from the manager or the players just being a bit out of sorts.

I felt Man Utd were there for the taking. But we could have played that game for a week and Man Utd weren't going to score, given the equality of our defense.

Put Everton away and it's been a good PL season ( great if we win it) decent first CL campaign.

Just got to find that extra 2-3% for next season. Personally I think we go into it as favourites for the PL.

I agree just caveating that assuming we make the right additions in summer.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It felt a bit second gear yesterday. Not sure if that came from the manager or the players just being a bit out of sorts.

I felt Man Utd were there for the taking. But we could have played that game for a week and Man Utd weren't going to score, given the equality of our defense.

Put Everton away and it's been a good PL season ( great if we win it) decent first CL campaign.

Just got to find that extra 2-3% for next season. Personally I think we go into it as favourites for the PL.

Really can't fault the team turning up a gear results and, most importantly, performance wise. It's why stuff like Fullham don't bother me as much, as when the time to actually grind out results came, we were 99% there for it.

I will say though, that we were unbelievably lucky with injuries to key players. Saliba, Gabriel, Saka, Ødegaard and Rice are coming out of this relatively unscathed, any fatiguing issues aside.

With the Euros (and Olympics in Saliba's case), it's imperative that for Arteta to use his squad more proactively next season. Be it be having a sit with him and telling to trust his players more or by giving him even more money to flesh out the squad.

If in a normal PL run City's depth is already ridiculously unfair, depending on how the Euros, etc., go, that might be even more of an issue for other teams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well compared to their usual **** standards. When your backline is marshalled by Pickford and Maguire "golden gen" is not the compliment you might think it is

Rice kinda got outplayed by Amrabat again yesterday too...

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
For me I think he's extracted more than the sum of the teams parts this season. Can't be unhappy on the whole.

outlawz

the technical aspect will always win, and physicality always runs behind, The numbers Solanke Bowen Walkins and Palmer are well deserved. The best academies in the world are now in England, so we are going to see more and more English-educated players excelling. The process started 20 years ago, and now you see that England is a major export of quality players + the league is full of English players that will excel at most teams around the globe. It just comes with having the best league and the most income around, your academies improve.

Regarding the never-ending physicality vs. technicality debate... that was always the case. random example, Jonas Rodriguez, one of the worst footballers I have ever played with. He had a decent career, why? he was fast, strong, and relentless. 99% of technically gifted players I played with, now they have normal jobs.

It is what it is. We still have Ode, Mbappe, Gavi, Rodri. Football is still here, alive and with us. sit back and enjoy.

England is dominating at the youth level now following the change in strategy that took place a decade back, having won 6 tournaments at youth level in a clear shift in production quality.

Bloodbather

Established Member

But unlike Alec Ferguson, Tets might not have anything to show for it.

Stupid tweet should've been held back until Sunday evening. Talking about it now makes it feel like a smalltime brag.

That's beneath us.
It just shows that this year's iteration of Arsenal will go down as one of the best sides not to have won the league if we don't win the league. The Liverpool team that lost the title with 97 points is pretty unbeatable in this regard, but we'd be comparable against anyone else.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...good omen for Mikel and the boys for this week maybe 🙏

@Sapient Hawk on the page this link takes you to, scroll down a bit to see the UK number 1 this week back in 2004.

"**** you, you ho...I don't want you back"

...perfectly sums up your view on if Mikel should remain as our manager next season :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

@Sapient Hawk on the page this link takes you to, scroll down a bit to see the UK number 1 this week back in 2004.

"**** you, you ho...I don't want you back"

...perfectly sums up your view on if Mikel should remain as our manager next season :lol:

I have to admit, his hatred of PGMOL & their lackeys has won me over. I feel a certain kinship.
He has managed to turn around what looked like a hopeless situation for him back in December 2020 to what we see now.

Credit to him...But he's still a monumental tw*t :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GNdnG44XkAAJbNP

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom