• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Hinx

Absolutely ludicrous any fan can be anything other than delighted with the work Arteta has done and the journey he’s taken us on so far under his tenure. We were in the mire when he took over, he completely overhauled our squad, instilled a resilience and winning philosophy and has taken us to the precipice in consecutive years. Heights we'd have thought impossible not long ago. He’s done a marvellous job and is rightly going to be rewarded with a new bumper contract in the Summer, guaranteeing his stewardship over the coming years of further evolution and growth. Silverware is coming.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He didnt even try to win at the Etihad despite City being poor in that game. Many, many mistakes from the coneboy this season. As always. Cant wait for him to leave.
Ødegaard and Rice are the 2 best midfielders in the league and they joined because of him.

Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Question for the people on the "Arteta is unable to win any major trophies/not the guy to take us forward" camp, what happens if Son buries that chance today and it ends 1-1? Do you suddenly 180 your position and give him your full support? Is your conviction really that weak that a single fluke result can change your perspective to that degree?

I look at my point of view and if he wins the title next week I'd be ecstatic, but my perspective on him and his aptitude for this job would be pretty much the same. He's improved us every season, has shown he can handle the pressure of the run in and we are now competing for the title up to the last week, that's what Liverpool did and what we all were laughing off as a pipe dream 2 or 3 years ago. There's a lot of room for improvement yes, but wanting to sack a manager on a binary of trophy/no trophy when it's this close is crazy to me.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He made key mistakes again in squad construction. We were extremely lucky and had other than Timber few injuries to key players. Arteta males a lot of self inflicted mistakes that cost us. Havertz early season struggles unsettled the attack early in season, when we were dropping points to garbage sides. And he cost us points with his Karen attack on Gabriel. For 65 million there were a lot of dynamic attackers to be had. Now we are stuck with a bunch over priced strikers who don’t get nearly enough goals

Buhry

Established Member

He made key mistakes again in squad construction. We were extremely lucky and had other than Timber few injuries to key players. Arteta males a lot of self inflicted mistakes that cost us. Havertz early season struggles unsettled the attack early in season, when we were dropping points to garbage sides. And he cost us points with his Karen attack on Gabriel. For 65 million there were a lot of dynamic attackers to be had. Now we are stuck with a bunch over priced strikers who don’t get nearly enough goals

The gabriel benching and trying kai in midfield again the 2nd villa game cost us the league. I really think he bottled it hard in that 2nd villa game. Trying to prove that kai in mf can work instead of playing the formation that had worked prior to that. Shame cause the rest of 2024 in the league was great.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
wanting to sack a manager on a binary of trophy/no trophy when it's this close is crazy to me.

Spot on. You sack the manager based on performances. Finishing a point behind the winners with almost 90 points is not anywhere close to sack worthy, especially not when there's clear ways for the squad to level up and the majority aren't even in their primes. You (likely) lost out to a better and more experienced squad and manager, and even so you only barely lost.

This whole "trophies bro where they at" mentality is insane when you're clearly contending for them and putting up very good point tallies, improving every season etc. I mean ffs you're literally unbeaten against the traditional big 6 this season, even winning the majority of the games.

This is all irrelevant anyway when we beat City 4-0 and Moyes becomes an Arsenal icon :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The gabriel benching and trying kai in midfield again the 2nd villa game cost us the league. I really think he bottled it hard in that 2nd villa game. Trying to prove that kai in mf can work instead of playing the formation that had worked prior to that. Shame cause the rest of 2024 in the league was great.
Yes his ideas were not well thought out. We lost points during his resurrection campaign with Kai. The kid had a good second half of season comparatively; but a top line attacker who plugged in without having to rebuild his confidence or learn a new position would not have cost us points early on

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

89 points wouldn’t be a lot of mistakes just saying.

fute

89 points wouldn’t be a lot of mistakes just saying.

It doesn't take a lot to lose a title race to City.

We lost 1 and drew 1 PL game in 2024. Wasn't enough unfortunately.

Margin for error is slim.

Arteta's first half of the season of experimentation came back to haunt him.

Now we have to rely on David Moyes to save the day.

Haphazard

Arteta made some mistakes especially at the start with some galaxy brain decisions but the margin for error against City is nonexistent, in fact I think this City side is the best PL side ever like no one comes close just for sheer domination.

The losses to Fulham, West Ham and Villa hurt obviously but every team, even the ones at the top will drop point to teams outside the top 6, City have not lost a game of football in 6 months lmao, I struggle to see which other manager will get over the line against them considering aside from Klopp who did it once in 8 years (I don't mean that in a negative way just highlighting how even world class managers would struggle against Pep's City)

LookingForEric

It doesn't take a lot to lose a title race to City.

We lost 1 and drew 1 PL game in 2024. Wasn't enough unfortunately.

Margin for error is slim.

Arteta's first half of the season of experimentation came back to haunt him.

Now we have to rely on David Moyes to save the day.

That’s not the point he was making, the point was he said Arteta has made lots of mistakes, when he clearly hasn’t. Sick of his attitude.

fute

That’s not the point he was making, the point was he said Arteta has made lots of mistakes, when he clearly hasn’t. Sick of his attitude.

Actually is and he is right though.

Both of you are right.

We had a great season. Might not be enough to win the title because the other team didn't shoot itself in the foot.

City is not this big/bad boogie man.

For the last 2 years, we've been our worst enemy.

Look at Bayer 04. They went undefeated to make sure they topped the big bad, indestructible Bayern. Winning the league by a wide margin. Within 2 years. Don't know the spending differences between the 2 squads.

LookingForEric

Actually is and he is right though.

Both of you are right.

We had a great season. Might not be enough to win the title because the other team didn't shoot itself in the foot.

City is not this big/bad boogie man.

For the last 2 years, we've been our worst enemy.

Look at Bayer 04. They went undefeated to make sure they topped the big bad, indestructible Bayern.

You say City aren’t this big bad boogie man? They’ve lost ONE game since game week 9. They’ve just won 8 in a row.

So either the quality of the league is rubbish or what?

Also please do not compare Bayern to City this year. Bayern are on on 72 points, only 2 points ahead of Stuttgart ffs.

If City had a bad season it’d be comparable but it just isn’t dude.

fute

You say City aren’t this big bad boogie man? They’ve lost ONE game since game week 9. They’ve just won 8 in a row.

So either the quality of the league is rubbish or what?

Also please do not compare Bayern to City this year. Bayern are on on 72 points, only 2 points ahead of Stuttgart ffs.

If City had a bad season it’d be comparable but it just isn’t dude.

Bayern beat us in CL. Something City couldn't do all year.

LookingForEric

Bayern beat us in CL. Something City couldn't do all year.

Please don’t start talking about the CL when you’ve just made a comparison in the league, please tell me this year how City and Bayern are comparable in league form.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Needs to start focusing on the cup competitions. Nobody will remember this progress if we fail to win anything.
That will come with a better squad. But the league must be our main objective. We must make sure our core, our best XI doesn't drop an inch in quality.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
That will come with a better squad. But the league must be our main objective. We must make sure our core, our best XI doesn't drop an inch in quality.

True but a better squad still needs to be rotated. You give fringe players opportunities..look at City, nobody expected Oscar Bobb to play for them.

fute

Please don’t start talking about the CL when you’ve just made a comparison in the league, please tell me this year how City and Bayern are comparable in league form.

Did they not beat us? Yes they did.

Did City beat us this year? No they did not.

Bayer 04 took care of business and won their league.

We had fans actually cheering for Sp**s, pathetic. It didn't have to get to that point had we taken care of business earlier in the season.

It is not City's fault we couldn't beat Fulham twice. Or we didn't score against Villa at home or West Ham at home.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom