• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whoever written this wants to sleep with Arteta so badly.

Arteta was the best at the club at rondos, invented their whole transfer policy, improved all their players, was plugged into the matrix and observed everyone like a judge whilst having shatter proof mentality.

What on earth did Pep do whilst Arteta was there then?
😂😂😂 The guys doing well but this is connoisseur arse licking of the very finest quality.

Bucephalus

Whoever written this wants to sleep with Arteta so badly.

Arteta was the best at the club at rondos, invented their whole transfer policy, improved all their players, was plugged into the matrix and observed everyone like a judge whilst having shatter proof mentality.

What on earth did Pep do whilst Arteta was there then?
I guess we all read articles in different ways. I thought it was a really good article, explaining Mikel's coaching/managerial background. Was, given his age and recent playing experience, immediately a good bridge between Pep and the players, which is exactly what you'd want an assistant to do. And spent the rest of his time learning as much as possible. Really put the work in to be a proper manager, as opposed to--for example--Frank Lampard whose only qualifications were being a Chelsea legend.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Arteta had been able to secure mandates to lead certain projects outside of his day-to-day role. He laid out a sizeable portion of the scouting framework for the multi-club City Football Group (CFG) stable, which is now an 80-page document with detailed instructions on the different roles within Guardiola’s team structure and what scouts should look for when identifying players who fit the mould."
City's & Arsenal's squad building in recent years has been almost impeccable. Or as impeccable as can be expected.

It looks like the personality of the players has to fit very well to the overall squad. Then there are details like buying Gabriel, who can speak French fluently, to make it more likely that Saliba stays and they have good communication on the field.
So, while Catalonia-born Guardiola achieved his dreams with his boyhood team, Arteta, who is from San Sebastian, a six-hour drive away in northern Spain, had to deal with rejection at Barcelona...
3,5 years at Barcelona who rejected him, 550km from his hometown. Now almost 9,5 years in total at Arsenal, who made him captain and manager... :shivering:

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

😂😂😂 The guys doing well but this is connoisseur arse licking of the very finest quality.

Can we just appreciate if Mikel was doing this at a different club everybody in here and everyone on the United/Chelsea/Liverpool forums would be crawling on all fours for him to join their clubs.

This guy works incredibly hard to perfect what he’s doing, he’s FOUR years into his managerial career.

This is rare.

drippin

Arteta luck that the Athletic exists in current times!

What if Wenger would have had similar articles written about him. I wonder what your reaction would be like?

Could it be that you would absolutely love those articles, and print them for your house as wallpaper?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Can we just appreciate if Mikel was doing this at a different club everybody in here and everyone on the United/Chelsea/Liverpool forums would be crawling on all fours for him to join their clubs.

This guy works incredibly hard to perfect what he’s doing, he’s FOUR years into his managerial career.

This is rare.
No normal person rates someone who's being so blatantly canonised. Some of it is easily disproved too, loved Arteta as a player when we signed him but he was a carcass at the end of his time here, he faded badly with the numerous injuries. Yet he goes to City and is the best at rondos there lol

Some story about a coach described as a shatterproof judge on a mission with his steely gaze, sounds more like some ****ty anime.

drippin

No normal person rates someone who's being so blatantly canonised.
You don't rate Arteta now, because some articles are written about him that praise him, after raising Arsenal to a title contender from being the banter club?

Can you explain your logic about how does it affect his achievement or competence, if others write about him?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What if Wenger would have had similar articles written about him. I wonder what your reaction would be like?

I'd have the same reaction, but the guy was around donkeys, did go unbeaten, unearthed a bunch of stars and literally changed football so is more deserving.

For all this Arteta malarkey what has he actually done or contributed to football? Or even the league? Or even Arsenal?

He's spend a wad of money, won a FA Cup and finished 2nd - great! but surely you can see the ridiculousness of these kind of articles mid season?

drippin

I'd have the same reaction, but the guy was around donkeys, did go unbeaten, unearthed a bunch of stars and literally changed football so is more deserving.

For all this Arteta malarkey what has he actually done or contributed to football? Or even the league? Or even Arsenal?

He's spend a wad of money, won a FA Cup and finished 2nd - great but surely you can see the ridiculousness of these kind of articles?
You maybe, but not Makingtrax, that's 99% certain.

He just raised Arsenal from being the banter top club, to being a constant title contender. :lol:

You guys with your reactions make these articles all the more enjoyable.

sad spongebob squarepants GIF

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He's spend a wad of money, won a FA Cup and finished 2nd - great! but surely you can see the ridiculousness of these kind of articles mid season?

Arteta has pulled us from becoming a mid table club with no direction to a title challenging club with direction.

He flipped the squad upside down and created something that will last for many years even when he’s gone. He wasn’t just a number, he actually changed things.

Sometimes I think to myself how do you lot reckon we actually went from 5th/6th to being a top 2 side in the country? Do you think fairies sprinkled fairy dust over Saka and Gabriel and magically made them play the way they’re playing?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Sometimes I think to myself how do you lot reckon we actually went from 5th/6th to being a top 2 side in the country? Do you think fairies sprinkled fairy dust over Saka and Gabriel and magically made them play the way they’re playing?

I think some of you think Arteta is the magical fairy.

Not a mention of Edu or the ownership who all have just as much to do with the club resurgence, or luck having Saka at the club or didn’t sell Saliba.

Nope, all Arteta’s omniscient genius and only you and Drippin could see every step of it unfolding 🙄

HattoriHanzo

I guess you have to send a letter of complaint to The Athletic.
And every other outlet who dares to publish positive article about Arteta.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I guess we all read articles in different ways.

This is why I put my own thoughts in a seperate post and not next to the article. Not everybody will feel the same I agree.

Really put the work in to be a proper manager, as opposed to--for example--Frank Lampard whose only qualifications were being a Chelsea legend.

Their come up is the same, if anything Lampard did more before getting his premature shot at Chelsea. Plus Abro wouldn’t have tolerated two 8th finishes.

Unlike Lampard, Arteta wasn’t even a club legend and got very far due to being Pep’s apprentice.

He also had a certain genius like perception behind the scenes and among the public. A perception I personally don’t think an Englishman in management is likely to enjoy without proving it first.

drippin

I think some of you think Arteta is the magical fairy.
You thinking that tells more about you than about our thinking.
Not a mention of Edu or the ownership who all have just as much to do with the club resurgence, or luck having Saka at the club or didn’t sell Saliba.
You can use the search and see how often I mention Edu & Arteta together. And Arsenal leadership/management. I can tell you it has been many times. Why should I mention him here now, when we are talking about an article about Arteta, and about him?

Almost every top club has some "luck" with youth players, why would we need to mention it often? Look at Pep and Klopp, both have very good youth players, but they still need to be developed. Arteta was the one who made Saka a RW, while certain people here said he is a bad finisher.

About Saliba, they loaned him to a perfect club for his development, and managed to convince him to stay, when almost everyone was certain that he will leave (which I questioned). It also tells you about Arteta's man management skills in tough situations, even after early problems.
Nope, all Arteta’s omniscient genius and only you and Drippin could see every step of it unfolding 🙄
Hyperbole much?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Interesting read on Arteta.

There is no dispute now that he is a very good manager. You could call him elite already looking at his work rebuilding Arsenal, but I think it ceases to be a debate once he delivers us a PL and/or CL, so I would save it for then.

The decision from the club to stick with him through our rough patches, starts to look more understandable now as well. Also, the type of positive commentary we would hear from the likes of Ceballos, Willian, David Luiz, etc.

What I like best is that we are actually better than last year, and I didnt think that was possible, or at least possible to this degree. That makes for exciting times if we continue with such trends.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You don't rate Arteta now, because some articles are written about him that praise him, after raising Arsenal to a title contender from being the banter club?

Can you explain your logic about how does it affect his achievement or competence, if others write about him?
It doesn't affect him, unless he's paying them to write these pathetic pieces he's completely blameless here. Criticising not him but the guys who write this garbage

drippin

It doesn't affect him, unless he's paying them to write these pathetic pieces he's completely blameless here. Criticising not him but the guys who write this garbage
Okay. Was just a weird post, because you said we are not normal persons if we rate Arteta now that some people praise him so much. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom