• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Much Adu about £5m as Chelsea Close the Net on Teenager'

zerofeel

Adu about nothing really.Just a man-child overhyped by the media as usual.Chelsea got a lousy deal on this because i seriously think Walcott is way better than him.

JML

JazzG said:
He had a typical sqeeky teenage american voice so this leads me to believe he is either very good at impersonating a 16 year old American boy or there was a voice over done ;)
:roll:

Clarkey

He's an adopted Yank, so that explains away that one. The USA adopt Adu...we adopt Hargreaves (I rate Owen for the record, just using him for comparison), go figure, especially when one country doesn't even have football as its first love.

Anyone else see this more as a Kenyon move then anything based on the players potential, saying that Chelsea can buy anyone as long as the players want to go there of course. They want to be the number one brand, Adu will break them in Stateside, Manure want the same thing to further cement them over there. Madrid will probably throw their hat in too for the same reason. I've never seen him play so it is harsh of me to raise this without watching the lad, but I see this as nothing more then the US Bucks in the eyes of Buck and Kenyon.

BiG.DadDy

If Adu is 16 and un-needed in Chelsea.. Then Why The 5M ?? I'll Tell you Why .. Because After 2 or 3 Years This Young Player will be Highly Valued Excellent Talented Player.. (Training Youngsters in Big Clubs = Creating The Best Soccer Stars)

+ The Guy Sucks anyone :p He's Just a kid ! his mommy wouldnt let em'

BannedKwame

Anyone who doubts the potential of the kid simply hasn't seem him play. When he plays a full game for a team whose coach consistently leaves him on the bench, almost all attacking play is deferred to him, as are set pieces, and the kid is a "bench warming" 16 year old. He's quick, highly balanced, can shoot, and his vision even at his age is close to the highest levels. He's good, but I think he needs to leave the MLS where he's definitely unliked by many because of his popularity and his very high salary. He belongs in a league where his age and his skill level won't seem so peculiar, a league where he most certainly will not be the highest earner.

If i was a manager, I would've bought him a year ago and taught him the intricacies of the game. I may also have fed him some steroids, but that's a different matter.

Gurgen

Established Member
I've only seen him at the U-20 WC and he was piss poor.

You could see he has talent though, his set piece delivery, passing and vision were all excellent in bursts. I think the Nike fuelled next Pele hype is getting to him.

Dougan17

he's 16 now, he turns 17 in june, he was 14 when he started playing professionally with DC United. That's where a lot of the supposed disparity with his age comes in. Everyone thinks he was 16 when he started playing.

He's got some real talent and he started the majority of DC United's games last season, coming on as a substitute in the rest. He's not big enough to be in the world cup though and the US squad isn't talented enough to have a teenager just play up front and score goals the way that Brazil did with Pele, there's too much parity in football today for that.

Nowak knows what he's doing with him though, he's easing pressure on him because Nowak started playing at 15 as well so he knows. It's good for him, he's playing in a league full of extremely athletic players who want to cut him down to size and dominate him physically, it's the sort of thing that most 16 year olds don't get in the reserve league. Technically they become superior but they aren't able to play their game against physically dominating opponents.

phenn

I agree he is way too talented for MLS. MLS is pretty much all about athelticism with the ability to shoot sometimes appreciated.

This honestly probably isn't a bad move for him. He probably should have done it sooner actually, nobody truly great is going to come out of MLS for a while. At least not a creative player like that.

Dougan17

well beasley came out and is performing very well for PSV. Landon Donovan is another creative player but mentally I don't think he's strong enough to play abroad yet. Although if he marries this girl he's dating now and moves abroad then he'll be better off. He came back from Germany because he never went out, didn't have any friends except his teammates, and couldn't adjust. I think Landon Donovan will leave MLS after this world cup once he shows what he can do.

Adu will be 18 when he leaves MLS, plenty of time to develop the technical side of his game but physically he'll have 4 years of experience of trying to play a technical, intricate game against people who have no interest in doing anything other than knocking you on your ass when you try 10 stepovers in a row.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Dougan17 said:
well beasley came out and is performing very well for PSV. Landon Donovan is another creative player but mentally I don't think he's strong enough to play abroad yet. Although if he marries this girl he's dating now and moves abroad then he'll be better off. He came back from Germany because he never went out, didn't have any friends except his teammates, and couldn't adjust. I think Landon Donovan will leave MLS after this world cup once he shows what he can do.

Adu will be 18 when he leaves MLS, plenty of time to develop the technical side of his game but physically he'll have 4 years of experience of trying to play a technical, intricate game against people who have no interest in doing anything other than knocking you on your ass when you try 10 stepovers in a row.

Beasley was a star in MLS when he left.. Adu is not..

Donovan is great in MLS, will never play in Europe.. doesnt have the head for it, doesnt WANT to.. he plainly stated that when he came back from Leverkusen 6 months ago... he doesnt realize how serious the game is taken in Europe.. he doesnt have the ambition and wants to be "big fish in little pond".. mark my words, he will be pulling on an LA Galaxy shirt next season...

Adu has sick amounts of TALENT, but he is very over-hyped... i have watched him play MANNNNNNNNNNY times.. he shows flashes of his skill, but not consistent.. and he is just too damn small.. if he is getting knocked around in MLS, he will get slaughtered in England... he needs to grow about 6 inches, get more speed (and trust me, he is NOT that fast, Walcott would lap him) and needs to stop believing in his own hype...

he COULD become the next big thing, but he isnt anywhere near it yet...

pg1989

He is overrated. Undoubtedly talented but i dont know if he has the attitude. I would like to see himplay well in the WC but i doubt he would come to us.
He has said he wants to play in the premiership but he always goes with the team who are doing the best. First he supported United, the when we were doing good he said he supported us now he wants to move to chelsea. he will probably end up with the chavs and never get on while ruining himself at the same time. He has too much confidence and thinks he is better than he really is.
He constantly whines about not getting on in the MLS.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
It will be an interesting group, but I really don't see them making it past both Italy and the Czech Republic.

I also don't think Adu will feature for the US in the tournament. He may be a part of the squad, but don't think he'll play.

BiG.DadDy

Maybe He Will Play When The U.S.A Know That They are not Qualifying to the next round .. They Will Let Him Play Just to get an article on the GuinessBook 07' :p

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom