• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We can't defend. Seriously, we're brutal. Sokratis and Luiz are liabilities in every game. But they are still slightly better than what we had last year. Personally, I would put Arsenal 10 points higher this year than last and that will be enough for now.

Zaha will be here next summer, and Özil will be gone. With Özil and Mhiki gone that's another 500k a week in wages, to buy Zaha and another top centre half, along with Saliba coming.

If we can't defend then why the heck are we buying Zaha? Can we like buy a replacement for Xhaka and Kolasanic before we talk about buying any attacking player?

rockofcashel

If we can't defend then why the heck are we buying Zaha? Can we like buy a replacement for Xhaka and Kolasanic before we talk about buying any attacking player?

Remember, I said also buy another CB. And remember, Saliba is coming and Holding will be a year older and hopefully wiser.

Wryer

The ability is to really dominate is there. Perhaps a little too anxious about opening his account. Finishing and final pass is abit off at the moment.

But I love how any defenders in between him and the goal is just a mere distraction to him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
No. Pulled out, citing injury.

Didn't seem to be injured at all versus Sp**s so I'm hoping it is precautionary or just wanting to concentrate on Arsenal at the moment. It was only friendlies btw.

He’s not injured- the Ivorian FA and Arsenal have an agreement whereby he’ll work on his fitness at London Colney instead of playing international friendlies.

You can tell he’s eager to make an impact here- which bodes well for us. Hopefully he can get himself up to full fitness and proceed to terrify PL teams on a weekly basis.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s not injured- the Ivorian FA and Arsenal have an agreement whereby he’ll work on his fitness at London Colney instead of playing international friendlies.

You can tell he’s eager to make an impact here- which bodes well for us. Hopefully he can get himself up to full fitness and proceed to terrify PL teams on a weekly basis.
Fantastic news, noticed him flagging towards the end of both our recent games.

Not making excuses for his finishing (as he was still missing early in games) but fatigue definitely does affect the accuracy of passes and shots. We've got a nice run after the break, hope he tears it up.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

However, a statement on Ivory Coast’s website read: ‘Nicolas Pépé, injured with his club, came in to declare it late on Wednesday afternoon.’

I saw that, but it's good to know he isn't injured then.

Yes you can tell he really wants to succeed here. If he doesn't make it, it definitely won't be because he didn't try.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Not making excuses for his finishing (as he was still missing early in games) but fatigue definitely does affect the accuracy of passes and shots.
Absolutely. When i played provincial hockey our coach would run us ragged for two hours and then without a break put us in, potentially, game changing situations/set pieces and then talk to us while we worked it.. "focus guys, it's the last ten of a cup final, you're 2-1 down but against the run of play. You're still in this but it's mental now. Talk, pass, push every 50-50 till it's a 100-nothing in your favour, playing tired is a skill!"
Remember it clear as day because it was brutal and effective.. we never made a final that year but it seriously improved the way i approached games agaisnt top opponents who made us run a bit... and helped me in a hectic 5 a side footy tournament where we played pretty much 3 hours non-stop and still won.
Yay us.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't get some of the doubt that people are having around him. Some are labeling him Gervinho, but Gervinho was never as electric and technically good as Pepe seems to be. He had issues, other than his lack of shooting ability. Even if Pepe doesn't score 20 goals a season, I'd more than back him to get a ****load of assists and create a ton of goals with his movement and pace.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He's not a natural finisher, and considering how little Emery teams create apparently, can't really judge him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom