• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2018

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Have to say I enjoyed the demo for this more than FIFA. Largely because I just bought a PS4 and hadn't played proper PES (PC was the old gen version) in a while. FIFA has just gotten so unbelievably stale to me.

Haven't played either long enough to sniff out any problems though, but PES felt better to me.

blaze_of_glory

Have to say I enjoyed the demo for this more than FIFA. Largely because I just bought a PS4 and hadn't played proper PES (PC was the old gen version) in a while. FIFA has just gotten so unbelievably stale to me.

Haven't played either long enough to sniff out any problems though, but PES felt better to me.
I'm on the fence, I liked both demos but have heard some bad stuff about the full PES game (though also about FIFA). This comparison review does not paint a good picture for PES.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s up with Chelsea not having their real kit colours? It’s either white or yellow. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I tried to play it on cracked version and you can't defend in top player or superstar difficulty you'll end up conceding 3 goals a game I just gave up about FIFA and PES both are become joke. Just sell it to 2K

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm on the fence, I liked both demos but have heard some bad stuff about the full PES game (though also about FIFA). This comparison review does not paint a good picture for PES.

I only play Career/Pro mode, and PES is wayyy better. I must say that they get the decision making bang on.

If you are a winger, but your passing is very good, then you will be playing CM soon enough. The players get sold, retire, formations change, you get subbed into games, managers get sacked. If the ST is injured, then the manager will play the person with the best attributes there.

its unbeleivable how far behinf FIFA is, and it is all small details.

I tried to play it on cracked version and you can't defend in top player or superstar difficulty you'll end up conceding 3 goals a game I just gave up about FIFA and PES both are become joke. Just sell it to 2K
yeah, they cannot even get ball physics right after years of trying.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

I would like to see 2k given a shot at making a football game. Would be interesting to see what they'd come up with.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I would like to see 2k given a shot at making a football game. Would be interesting to see what they'd come up with.
From their NBA games are quality specially gameplay. Or sell it to ubisoft I doubt they'll be interested because they don't make sport games

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

All down to licensing, I'm not overly informed on how it all works but until any developer can pick up the licenses for whichever league or club they like then fifa will continue to dominate and no new developers will get involved.

As much as gameplay is key, having to use North London Red vs Red Brick Utd is still a major turn off for most.

isop

All down to licensing, I'm not overly informed on how it all works but until any developer can pick up the licenses for whichever league or club they like then fifa will continue to dominate and no new developers will get involved.

As much as gameplay is key, having to use North London Red vs Red Brick Utd is still a major turn off for most.

You can download free option files that correct all the kits and team names though, but your average player probably doesn't know or would prefer them to be there out of the box.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
You can download free option files that correct all the kits and team names though, but your average player probably doesn't know or would prefer them to be there out of the box.

I thought this option was only available on PS4 and thats why the xbox player base is a wasteland?

isop

I thought this option was only available on PS4 and thats why the xbox player base is a wasteland?

In the last-gen it was available on both ps3 and x360 (and pc), but currently it's only ps4 (and pc) because microsoft haven't allowed image sharing as of now.

Thats not why xb1 is a wastleand though, the playstation has always been the lead platform since the ps1, developed on first, so it gained the largest playerbase. Xbox has always had smaller numbers of pes players since the original xbox.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In the last-gen it was available on both ps3 and x360 (and pc), but currently it's only ps4 (and pc) because microsoft haven't allowed image sharing as of now.

Thats not why xb1 is a wastleand though, the playstation has always been the lead platform since the ps1, developed on first, so it gained the largest playerbase. Xbox has always had smaller numbers of pes players since the original xbox.

Agree with your point, but I've seen a lot of comments in other places about not being able to download option files for kits etc being a huge turn off for xbox users.

I thought the first PES for xbox was PES 6 on 360.

isop

Agree with your point, but I've seen a lot of comments in other places about not being able to download option files for kits etc being a huge turn off for xbox users.

I thought the first PES for xbox was PES 6 on 360.

It can definitely be a big turnoff, but historically pes was already bigger on ps as the lead platform before it came to xbox.

The first pes on xbox was pes4 then pes 5, on the original xbox, which I both bough; 4 was the first console pes to go online as well since xbox live was more ready and functional before ps online.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Considering buying Pes this year. First football game to have Celtic Park in it.

Also feel fifa has gone stale. I think a switch every other year should help freshen it up.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pes is and will always be the hipster alternative
I don't see it that way. I play both and they are both just okay.

PES provides a better experience overall due to better simulation of the mechanics and the football world.

Considering buying Pes this year. First football game to have Celtic Park in it.

Also feel fifa has gone stale. I think a switch every other year should help freshen it up.
never really any improvement with FIFA, they just dress it up in better graphics.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Anyone played the PES 19 demo yet?

Actually quite impressed by the gameplay, wont be getting it though as I'm on xbox and dont fancy waiting 5mins to match up with some person from Brazil..

Last edited:
Top Bottom