• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Dunno why people are getting so worked up over it calm down. Just tell me why I’m wrong stop getting so emotional, most of you don’t even get my point.

No one was saying top 6 until last season, why is that? No one has been able to explain apart from me. You guys are telling me about revenue and where clubs finish in the table.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Weird, weird discussion. End it please.

Tbf I didn't think so many people would be offended by my pet peeve against the term Top 6. Didn't know it was such a controversial topic, no point even debating it because it's a personal thing. I just think only top 4 matters.

But there's a section of this forum of guys like @Camron who's life goal seems to be proving me wrong. Dunno what it is about me that riles people up so much, but its not fun for others.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Tbf I didn't think so many people would be offended by my pet peeve against the term Top 6. Didn't know it was such a controversial topic, no point even debating it because it's a personal thing. I just think only top 4 matters.

But there's a section of this forum of guys like @Camron who's life goal seems to be proving me wrong. Dunno what it is about me that riles people up so much, but its not fun for others.

People aren't getting offended by your "pet peeve" it's because you're calling everyone that uses the term mindless sheep.

You come into a topic all high and mighty and insulting everyone for using a harmless term you should except to be called out.

BigPoppaPump

People aren't getting offended by your "pet peeve" it's because you're calling everyone that uses the term mindless sheep.

You come into a topic all high and mighty and insulting everyone for using a harmless term you should except to be called out.

To be fair I still stand by the fact that it was a term coined by Sky that everyone just parroted. If they still stuck with Top 4 like they use to none of you would be using the term Top 6. It's only because Man United dropped out the top 4.

lufere7

To be fair I still stand by the fact that it was a term coined by Sky that everyone just parroted. If they still stuck with Top 4 like they use to none of you would be using the term Top 6. It's only because Man United dropped out the top 4.
If you want to argue the term gained some popularity recently and maybe was standardized you could make a case, but the fact of the matter is the term existed before united went to ****.
Here's a google trends chart of the search of "top 6 premier league" in England in the last 5 years:
F31FY2c.png

It has grown recently but it has always existed. The fact of the matter is that the term is a pretty useful category and it will be kept being used so calling out people for using an innocuous term is not gonna get you any fans.

But whatever, we are derailing the thread too much and this is the Auba thread, so here's hoping he grabs a hat trick against those ****ters tomorrow.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If you want to argue the term gained some popularity recently and maybe was standardized you could make a case, but the fact of the matter is the term existed before united went to ****.
Here's a google trends chart of the search of "top 6 premier league" in England in the last 5 years:
F31FY2c.png

It has grown recently but it has always existed. The fact of the matter is that the term is a pretty useful category and it will be kept being used so calling out people for using an innocuous term is not gonna get you any fans.

But whatever, we are derailing the thread too much and this is the Auba thread, so here's hoping he grabs a hat trick against those ****ters tomorrow.

is there a chart for top5, top7 and top10, just to compare it all

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

16/17 season I think was the first real time that top 6 really became a thing given that we finished on 75 points and still only managed 5th while while United themselves were just short of 70 but were Europa League and League Cup winners so for Sky it was easy to say that it was a top 6 now instead of a top 4. I think City and Liverpool are clear "Top 2" tho, to put any of the other 4 equal to them is ridiculous.

lufere7

is there a chart for top5, top7 and top10, just to compare it all
Don't want to clog the thread with images so here's the link to search on google trends but here's basically what the data says:
  • Top 4 is surprisingly similar to top 6.
  • Top 7 and below do not exist, except for top 10 which probably comes from people searching for lists (i.e. top 10 premier league players)
  • Top 5 is also more popular than top 4 and top 6, so I guess Sky coined up the term to make Sp**s fans feel better am I right :lol:

BigPoppaPump

F31FY2c.png

This post is basically saying I’m right but you not wanting to admit it :lol:

But yeah lets leave this dumb argument, its really just my personal preference.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
This guy needs to play CF. For the life of me, I can't understand why we're shunting one of the best goalscorers in the world to the wing so we can accomodate a guy at CF with a materially inferior goalscoring record.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Elite finish today. Look at it again, he uses the pace of Guendouzi’s cross and just redirects it ever so slightly. Brilliant.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lovely stuff. Faded a bit towards the end but thought he was great all game. We have such tasty options upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom