• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Elite goal scorer. We are lucky to him.

One thing that has started to frustrate me sometimes about him is how scared he seems to be of any physical challenge. Not only doesn't he even try on 50/50 challenges, he even pulls out of 60 or 70/30 duels in his favour. I don't normally care about this, it isn't his game and normally it isn't that important anyway. But he is missing out on extra goals by not challenging for loose balls near the penalty area.

Against the spuds, early in the 2nd half, Lloris messed up and passed the ball in the direction of Auba. It seemed to me he got there before the covering Spud defender with a half an open goal, don't know really what happened after that. To me it seemed he was so frightened of being clattered he had no conviction to really go for it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

One thing that has started to frustrate me sometimes about him is how scared he seems to be of any physical challenge. Not only doesn't he even try on 50/50 challenges, he even pulls out of 60 or 70/30 duels in his favour. I don't normally care about this, it isn't his game and normally it isn't that important anyway. But he is missing out on extra goals by not challenging for loose balls near the penalty area.

Against the spuds, early in the 2nd half, Lloris messed up and passed the ball in the direction of Auba. It seemed to me he got there before the covering Spud defender with a half an open goal, don't know really what happened after that. To me it seemed he was so frightened of being clattered he had no conviction to really go for it.
Yeah it's quite bad, he's like 6'1 with dynamite in his legs but rarely even tries to win headers too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Henry used to play like this but then again Henry earned the goddamn right to play in any way he wanted, it was all love.

Plus, injuries are minimised leading to high-availability. This is a huge bonus.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I think its just not in his personality, he seems like a happy guy who probably doesn't want to hurt anyone or get hurt himself.

Just one of those things we have to accept with his game, if he was the opposite however he would be an absolute nightmare for defenders if he was willing to use his wirery frame, I'm sure I've heard players with that wirery build are the most difficult to come up against?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah it's quite bad, he's like 6'1 with dynamite in his legs but rarely even tries to win headers too.
Let's hope it lenghtens his career with a few years, because we need that elite striker to carry our younger, learning squad.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think its just not in his personality, he seems like a happy guy who probably doesn't want to hurt anyone or get hurt himself.

Just one of those things we have to accept with his game, if he was the opposite however he would be an absolute nightmare for defenders if he was willing to use his wirery frame, I'm sure I've heard players with that wirery build are the most difficult to come up against?
Like Peter Crouch:lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Can't have everything. But as a goal scorer he's elite. Wish Wenger got him earlier, he knew about him too (like he did everyone in the french league, back in the day).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Like I’ve said before, in Auba we have a world class striker at the peak of his powers. He genuinely looks as if he’s gonna score with every chance.

His finish against Spuds went under the radar such was the quality of Guenzizou’s ball. But it’s such a clever finish, the kind only natural goalscorers score.

Thing is though, I don’t really fancy him on the wing :(. He has pace, and is a decent enough dribbler (and against Spuds he actually whipped in some great crosses) but his movement and goal scoring is just elite level. He needs to be our main striker.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

His contract ends in summer 2021, so with the new plan he was supposed to be sold this summer? Do we have an extension option? Quite short contract. Lacazette came earlier and his contract is until 2022.

He will be sold next summer if he doesn't renew. It's not a nice thought.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His contract ends in summer 2021, so with the new plan he was supposed to be sold this summer? Do we have an extension option? Quite short contract. Lacazette came earlier and his contract is until 2022.

He will be sold next summer if he doesn't renew. It's not a nice thought.
We are no doubt negotiating already but PEA will want assurances of CL otherwise why would he sign...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Has quietly gotten a goal or assist in every game we’ve played. Hope he’s on track for a player of the year type season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I can't see any games for Gabon this break. Meaning Auba should get a nice rest before the Watford game. (Not even sure he hasn't unofficially retired from international football anyway)

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Like I’ve said before, in Auba we have a world class striker at the peak of his powers. He genuinely looks as if he’s gonna score with every chance.

His finish against Spuds went under the radar such was the quality of Guenzizou’s ball. But it’s such a clever finish, the kind only natural goalscorers score.

Thing is though, I don’t really fancy him on the wing :(. He has pace, and is a decent enough dribbler (and against Spuds he actually whipped in some great crosses) but his movement and goal scoring is just elite level. He needs to be our main striker.

I do agree to a certain extent. My only issue with auba is in the big games where he has many times played the striker position. His record is not great and against top teams they have him worked out. I might be harsh but the real elite goalscorers in big games produce moments that win games.

zilfy

I do agree to a certain extent. My only issue with auba is in the big games where he has many times played the striker position. His record is not great and against top teams they have him worked out. I might be harsh but the real elite goalscorers in big games produce moments that win games.
Not many players have good records against the top teams. That's why those teams are at the top

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not many players have good records against the top teams. That's why those teams are at the top
We can't be a very good team then because the following players have had outstanding tallys against us; Anelka, Kane, Drogba, Rooney, Fowler, Sheringham and currently Salah. There are more with slightly less goals than those already mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom