• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who is even crossing for us? I can count on one hand how many good crosses and I’ve seen Bellerin do and that’s meant to be a our fullback lord and saviour.

Watch how TAA and Robertson whip them in all day, we’d have much more headed goals if we had better fullbacks.

Sagna was the last full-back I remember for us who had a decent cross on him. Like thinking about the likes of Gibbs, Monreal was inconsistent at it, Bellerin quite poor at it, Clichy not that great either but Sagna stood out as someone who had that quality to put in a real good cross. One I remember specifically is Van Persie's header at Anfield in 2012. It was an absolutely brilliant cross. While when you combine that with the fact that our wide players were the likes of Nasri, Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Alexis, etc none of those players are renowned for putting in top quality crosses. It's just something that we never really utilised very well, I don't think it was something that interested Wenger, he'd never sign a player purely for his crossing it was always other attributes that he'd look for. Which is quite bizarre considering we had Giroud as our main striker for so long.

Even now we don't really have that quality, Tierney I think is decent at it, Bellerin's better a low crosses/cut-backs, same with AMN, Kolasinac isn't a footballer. Pepe doesn't strike me as a crosser and we decided we don't need a left winger.

OSBK

Established Member
We can't be a very good team then because the following players have had outstanding tallys against us; Anelka, Kane, Drogba, Rooney, Fowler, Sheringham and currently Salah. There are more with slightly less goals than those already mentioned

Vardy, mane, aguero, hazard the list goes on. Then we have european players.

Whats crazy is that auba is a superior player to vardy in probably nearly aspect as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sagna was the last full-back I remember for us who had a decent cross on him. Like thinking about the likes of Gibbs, Monreal was inconsistent at it, Bellerin quite poor at it, Clichy not that great either but Sagna stood out as someone who had that quality to put in a real good cross. One I remember specifically is Van Persie's header at Anfield in 2012. It was an absolutely brilliant cross. While when you combine that with the fact that our wide players were the likes of Nasri, Walcott, Rosicky, Cazorla, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Alexis, etc none of those players are renowned for putting in top quality crosses. It's just something that we never really utilised very well, I don't think it was something that interested Wenger, he'd never sign a player purely for his crossing it was always other attributes that he'd look for. Which is quite bizarre considering we had Giroud as our main striker for so long.

Even now we don't really have that quality, Tierney I think is decent at it, Bellerin's better a low crosses/cut-backs, same with AMN, Kolasinac isn't a footballer. Pepe doesn't strike me as a crosser and we decided we don't need a left winger.
Bro are you sure about Sagan? I remember all of us complaining about his crosses but he was elite defensively.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Who is even crossing for us? I can count on one hand how many good crosses and I’ve seen Bellerin do and that’s meant to be a our fullback lord and saviour.

Watch how TAA and Robertson whip them in all day, we’d have much more headed goals if we had better fullbacks.

@BigPoppaPump TAA is a freak, it’s almost unfair to judge him against other fullbacks because he’s basically a CM playing at fullback. His low drilled pass against Barcelona from that quick corner is one of the best things I’ve seen a fullback do.

Robertson is closer to more normal fullback levels and tbf he’s probably the best in the league along with Mendy. Big hopes for Tierney but I don’t want to buy into this ‘as good as Robertson’ hype and be left disappointed.

Tir Na Nog

Bro are you sure about Sagan? I remember all of us complaining about his crosses but he was elite defensively.

I certainly remember he was capable of producing some good crosses, maybe just in comparison to Gibbs on the other flank he appeared brilliant at it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I certainly remember he was capable of producing some good crosses, maybe just in comparison to Gibbs on the other flank he appeared brilliant at it.
I used to crucify him about his crossing. Wasn't a very good footballer in the last third imo. We could really do with him now though. Filled in at CB with some great performances. His level then would probably make him our best CB now. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@BigPoppaPump TAA is a freak, it’s almost unfair to judge him against other fullbacks because he’s basically a CM playing at fullback. His low drilled pass against Barcelona from that quick corner is one of the best things I’ve seen a fullback do.

Robertson is closer to more normal fullback levels and tbf he’s probably the best in the league along with Mendy. Big hopes for Tierney but I don’t want to buy into this ‘as good as Robertson’ hype and be left disappointed.
Tierney makes Robertson look like his replacement at Celtic that cost them CL.

Get ready.

Tir Na Nog

I used to crucify him about his crossing. Wasn't a very good footballer in the last third imo. We could really do with him now though. Filled in at CB with some great performances. His level then would probably make him our best CB now. :lol:

Without a doubt, used to groan whenever I saw him having to fill in at CB but my god he'd definitely be better than Sokratis or Luiz, or at least less prone to absolutely braindead decisions. He was just a solid defensive full-back all in all. Probably took him for granted. I mean we signed Debuchy and Chambers and neither worked out, then Bellerin emerged but he's not exactly super solid and secure defensively in the same way Sagna was. I honestly miss the times when we got transfer like that just so right, same with Eduardo the same summer.

Sagna stats with us.

2013/14
123 crosses 15% accuracy 2 assists

2012/13
106 crosses 16% accuracy 0 assists

2011/12
88 crosses 22% accuracy 2 assists

2010/11
157 crosses 20% accuracy 3 assists

2009/10
169 crosses 18% accuracy 3 assists

2008/9
160 crosses 14% accuracy 1 assists

2007/8
90 crosses 28% accuracy 4 assists

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Loved the leap Sagna had on him, rarely lost a header. But yeah, not much use in crossing on just general build-up play.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Sagna used to put a tonne of crosses in, basically because that was the only attacking move he could do. Bellerin has a much more evolved repertoire when it comes to attacking options and uses the cross rarely because crossing is a low percentage option which comes off only if you happen to be brilliant at it.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Loved the leap Sagna had on him, rarely lost a header. But yeah, not much use in crossing on just general build-up play.

We missed a trick with Sagna. Should have noticed his regression and converted him to a cb. He was completely dominant in the air, excellent in one v ones and could read the game.

OSBK

Established Member
No doubt world class goalscorer. Every other aspect of his game is flawed. We have to play short goal kicks because auba cannot win a contested ball in the air. This guy has to do more, i see mane/salah and kane fighting for the ball and this guy not fancying it. This is a huge problem for us, we desperately need his goals but games like today i would trade auba for giroud in a heartbeat.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No doubt world class goalscorer. Every other aspect of his game is flawed. We have to play short goal kicks because auba cannot win a contested ball in the air. This guy has to do more, i see mane/salah and kane fighting for the ball and this guy not fancying it. This is a huge problem for us, we desperately need his goals but games like today i would trade auba for giroud in a heartbeat.
He scored two well taken goals but you'd swap him for Giroud ? Giroud wouldnt have scored today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom