• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I'm sorry guys but I'll take the blame for this one. Thought I'd get away with mentioning that we looked more fluid in midfield without him (the same way we look better without Mustafi and Mhkitariyan) - clearly some people were never going to let me get away with that :lol:

Just close this sh1t down. People are just arguing for the sake of it now. :facepalm:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I'm sorry guys but I'll take the blame for this one. Thought I'd get away with mentioning that we looked more fluid in midfield without him (the same way we look better without Mustafi and Mhkitariyan) - clearly some people were never going to let me get away with that :lol:

Just close this sh1t down. People are just arguing for the sake of it now. :facepalm:
:eek:ops: Even I feel guilty now

Reactions: Jae

teamsoutheast

I think alot of people underestimated Burnley. They were very good. Extremely organised, they looked fit, and didn't seem to tire despite the heavy pressing. People thought we would just pummell them into oblivion but that was a tough game and a good result. That Dwight Mcneil looks an interesting player for them, he's got a very good engine on him. Seemed to cover alot of distance up and down that wing. Ceballos is exactly the type of player we need in the midfield to link up with the attack. I do fell our striker need to move quicker when we are heavily pressed though. Too many times our midfield were left with no options due to the heavy press. We either need to get closer to the ball carrier to play 'Tiki-Taka' around them or forwards need to make runs so we can play more direct if required. Apart from that, it's a good result which could have easily been a draw last season.

Jae

I think alot of people underestimated Burnley. They were very good. Extremely organised, they looked fit, and didn't seem to tire despite the heavy pressing. People thought we would just pummell them into oblivion but that was a tough game and a good result. That Dwight Mcneil looks an interesting player for them, he's got a very good engine on him. Seemed to cover alot of distance up and down that wing. Ceballos is exactly the type of player we need in the midfield to link up with the attack. I do fell our striker need to move quicker when we are heavily pressed though. Too many times our midfield were left with no options due to the heavy press. We either need to get closer to the ball carrier to play 'Tiki-Taka' around them or forwards need to make runs so we can play more direct if required. Apart from that, it's a good result which could have easily been a draw last season.

Like others have said mate, we underestimate the teams beneath us and some of it is also snobbery and the fact that we've been spoilt by the good old days when we were expected to hammer any team you out in front of us except United. The league isn't the same anymore, anybody is more than capable of beating anybody.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Spot on. Also, we have this problem of starting off poorly every season. Add to it, the fact that we had many new players in the starting line-up, we did really well considering all these. Of course, there are things to improve. But from the early signs, I feel like we definitely will improve. Teams like Liverpool and City can bulldoze smaller teams at the start of the season as they have a fairly settled team now. We will settle as the season progresses.

Fair enough report.

But for the sake of accuracy, Barnes didn't cup his ears after scoring. He made a hand signal that represents someone looking through a letter box, after an incident last year when Ashley Westwood (part-owner of the people carrier that 8 of the Burnley players use to get to work) was seen looking through Ashley Barnes' letter box to see if he was at home.

So nothing to do with Arsenal; he made the same gesture after both his goals at home last week.

teamsoutheast

Abso
Like others have said mate, we underestimate the teams beneath us and some of it is also snobbery and the fact that we've been spoilt by the good old days when we were expected to hammer any team you out in front of us except United. The league isn't the same anymore, anybody is more than capable of beating anybody.
Absolutely. I think people have underestimated how not only the Premier League, but the standard of English football in general has improved. Money seems to have filtered down to the so called 'smaller' clubs and scouting systems have improved big time. The Premier League is arguably the strongest in the World at the moment.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Keeps possession well- Record for most errors leading to goal in his three seasons here
Killer final pass - How many assists did he get in spite of taking free kicks and corners last year?
Not bad in tackle - Highest number of penalties conceded in Arsenal in three years.
Decent in the air - Do you even watch matches? There have been numerous goals we conceded because this guy doesn't jump at all
Long shot and free kick - Accepted. He is good in these.
Given his slow pace and numerous other drawbacks, does it even make sense to buy other players who complement him? If a player has numerous good qualities and one or two bad qualities, it makes sense to do that. Why not look at Willock or buy Ceballos? They have numerous better qualities. Wouldn't it be just easy to just sell Xhaka and buy a player who complements these two instead? Why take the difficult route to complement Xhaka instead? He doesn't deserve that. He has been given opportunities for three years and all he could do was to keep us outside top 4 with his brain farts at crucial moments. Why are you people so hell bent on keeping him in spite of all these horrendous mistakes?

People get so offended over my not rating Lacazette but we have a whole section of this forum that wants Xhaka in our first team. IT's ludicrous! He should be banished and sent to wherever Mustafi is right now.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Fair enough report.

But for the sake of accuracy, Barnes didn't cup his ears after scoring. He made a hand signal that represents someone looking through a letter box, after an incident last year when Ashley Westwood (part-owner of the people carrier that 8 of the Burnley players use to get to work) was seen looking through Ashley Barnes' letter box to see if he was at home.

So nothing to do with Arsenal; he made the same gesture after both his goals at home last week.

Can I ask you, what is up with Dyche? He seems so irritated lately. You might remember the post I made a few days before the game, saying the last few interviews I have seen of Dyche, he was moaning about something. Low and behold, after our game he went on another one.

Has he always been this way? Or has something changed that has irked him? Do you generally feel you aren't getting decisions etc?

Can I ask you, what is up with Dyche? He seems so irritated lately. You might remember the post I made a few days before the game, saying the last few interviews I have seen of Dyche, he was moaning about something. Low and behold, after our game he went on another one.

Has he always been this way? Or has something changed that has irked him? Do you generally feel you aren't getting decisions etc?
It's footballers in general that irritate him. Our own aren't exempt by any means (especially Barnes!) but the way footballers roll around injured, falling over when they have been barely touched, claiming injury when they clearly aren't hurt. Luiz was a case in point on Saturday, and there are loads more so I'm not just getting at him. He was lying on the floor holding his back, apparently unable to get up and in severe pain; but when the ref asked him if he wanted the trainer, he said no. He clearly wasn't hurt. Most footballers are like that.

I went to a semi-pro rugby game on Sunday, and there would be several hundred times in the match when a player was tackled by two or three big blokes throwing him to the ground and landing on top of him. How many times did a player scream in agony, or roll around like his leg has dropped off? Less than in the average football match.

And Dyche especially doesn't like diving. We haven't had many penalties lately, not just because Burnley players don't dive untouched, but also because they don't dive (or aren't good at it) for the teeniest contact. Football would be a much better game if the players weren't such cheats, and I think that's what he's getting at.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's footballers in general that irritate him. Our own aren't exempt by any means (especially Barnes!) but the way footballers roll around injured, falling over when they have been barely touched, claiming injury when they clearly aren't hurt. Luiz was a case in point on Saturday, and there are loads more so I'm not just getting at him. He was lying on the floor holding his back, apparently unable to get up and in severe pain; but when the ref asked him if he wanted the trainer, he said no. He clearly wasn't hurt. Most footballers are like that.

I went to a semi-pro rugby game on Sunday, and there would be several hundred times in the match when a player was tackled by two or three big blokes throwing him to the ground and landing on top of him. How many times did a player scream in agony, or roll around like his leg has dropped off? Less than in the average football match.

And Dyche especially doesn't like diving. We haven't had many penalties lately, not just because Burnley players don't dive untouched, but also because they don't dive (or aren't good at it) for the teeniest contact. Football would be a much better game if the players weren't such cheats, and I think that's what he's getting at.
Did you see the Almiron dive in the Newcastle-Arsenal game? I wanted to smash his face in. Yesterday Pogba too, he was looking for the contact, he could have bulldozed Coady instead he fell over him.

John Aperts

Fair enough report.

0RTXmVU.png

He's definitely cupping his ear there after the other celebration.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Spot on. Also, we have this problem of starting off poorly every season. Add to it, the fact that we had many new players in the starting line-up, we did really well considering all these. Of course, there are things to improve. But from the early signs, I feel like we definitely will improve. Teams like Liverpool and City can bulldoze smaller teams at the start of the season as they have a fairly settled team now. We will settle as the season progresses.
But We had a good start last season. We're had two tough opening fixtures and should have got a result against chelsea. We didn't lose after that till like November or something. People were raving about Emery

RacingPhoton

Established Member
But We had a good start last season. We're had two tough opening fixtures and should have got a result against chelsea. We didn't lose after that till like November or something. People were raving about Emery
Yes. But there were some signs last year at the beginning. Our attack was very one dimensional depending a lot on Kola cutbacks. Our defense and mid-field were susceptible to press. It was only a matter of time before teams came up with strategies against that. Teams found us out around half way stage and we didn't have the personnel to respond to these strategies in a different way. Essentially, Auba and Laca carried us through the second half of the season with their individual brilliance.

This season, we have lot of players showing promising signs and Emery has so many options to play different formations. As a team, though we were not that great in the two matches, individual capabilities were there for us to see. It's just a matter of getting a right balance. Now, this is the real test for Emery. If we don't finish inside top 4, Emery has to be fired. No matter what. No excuses anymore. In fact, we have to finish at third place and win FA cup or Europa. Anything less is under achieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom