• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I only managed to watch the first 30 and although we were doing ok I wasn't surprised to see the final score. As soon as I saw Xhaka & Guendouzi starting I thought any chance we had of getting something had gone. I was pleased to see Willock starting but really wanted Torreira to start with him. Anyway, Sp**s next, we need to win!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is the kind of loser mentallity that needs to be washed off this club.
Nobody wants us to go toe to toe with them, just dont concede chances for fun. Now tell me, is that too much to ask!
Tottenham, whom we are expected to compete with for third and forth took points off the domestic treble Champs! So tell me why we you don't think we can do the same for them and whether you reckon they'll go unbeaten just because they are European Champions.
This is not loser mentality we are not at thier level or man city why people not admit they are levels above?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If I speak I am in big trouble
GGVvvMU.jpg

KZTC4zB.jpg
They still Lost 4-1 and could lost by more so what your point?

This is not loser mentality we are not at thier level or man city why people not admit they are levels above?
No one refutes that they are a few levels above us. But then again hell, are Wolves or Leicester or Soton in our level or any other top team? No. Are you certain before the match that they will give you one hell of a game? Absolutely. Now that is all I want from my Arsenal, not one that concedes defeat before the match has ****ing began. Btw, I don't put my blame on the players, other than Luiz ofcoures. My blame goes to the manager for setting up poorly.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oof some bad takes in this thread. People actually thinking we should be going toe to toe at possibly the toughest ground / team in Europe right now. We have some good talents in this team but we are some way from being a well oiled machine.

But this is also a bad take. No one is expects to go toe to toe with last seasons league runners up and CL winners.

It wouldn’t be unreasonably though to expect a small period of possession where we threaten. Our chances were that of a relegation side.

No I agree the mistakes are not good enough. My point being there are some positives to take away because those mistakes aside we were okay all things considered (missing first team players, New players etc). I'm not devastated by the loss and am not going to go mad over it, pretty annoyed at Luiz though.
Tbf, for me my only postives about the game was Willock putting up a dispalay and watching Pepe trying to curl them from the 18. Other than that, I don't see anything to be proud about. What are your feelings about Emery's set up btw?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
They done so by staying behind the ball. Not attacking them. More than one way to be successful. Or as Emery prefers chameleon like.

We went with a game plan. It was fine. Two bad mistakes. Two missed chances. A team that will completely change in a matter of weeks.

And we are still second in the league :)
We never looked like winning the game or getting a draw out of it. Liverpool just stood back after scoring three goals. If not, the goal difference would have been worse.

And second place? Seriously? With three matches to be played today?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But this is also a bad take. No one is expects to go toe to toe with last seasons league runners up and CL winners.

It wouldn’t be unreasonably though to expect a small period of possession where we threaten. Our chances were that of a relegation side.
Whether it was a plan to soak it up, or whether we had no choice but to play on the counter, doesn't really matter--the score was 3-1 this time and we've gone there with far more experienced and cohesive sides in the past, played a far more expansive game and got absolutely decimated. IMO, we simply weren't good enough where it mattered, to play the way we wanted to play.

Hindsight is great, but I don't see the point in dissecting the scoreline or the route we took this time, to another loss to an unquestionably superior and cohesive Liverpool side.

9jagooner

Emery failed to learn from his last season's experience.
The set up was wrong and starting personnel wrong. And how many times have we said Aubameyang up front on his own is not a good idea?
If you're going to play only one of Auba or Laca, play Laca. In games like yesterday's, start both.
Also what's it with playing from the back given that we're yet to master it?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Oof some bad takes in this thread. People actually thinking we should be going toe to toe at possibly the toughest ground / team in Europe right now. We have some good talents in this team but we are some way from being a well oiled machine.
Probably the same people who cursed us attack over the years and get done on the counter by our rivals.

Fail to realise its baby steps and how far behind weve been in recent years.

As for people laughing at us being second atm. At this stage last year we had 3 from 9. We were playing catch up from the very start. We are not playing catch up. Man Utd are, Chelsea are. We finished one point behind Sp**s, two behind Chelsea. Being where we are now is massive. Its an advantage to be ahead. Less pressure on us.

Of course people may say its only Newcastle and Burnley but United dropped points to Wolves and Palace, Chelsea to United and Leicester. Realistically its more important we win against the other 13, thats 78 points. Thats where the season is won and lost. Not away to Anfield. Not away to City. If we want to challenge for the title we need to start picking up points at our rivals but im pretty sure nobody is realistically looking at the title when we've players still to return and players waiting to gel.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's incredibly rare for a team to get good spells of possession at Anfield but we could have done better sure, needed to react better to going a goal down. There are people expecting us to have matched Liverpool or even win by the way, just go back through the thread if you can be bothered - I'm not saying you were.

Liverpool only let in 10 goals at home last season but we probably should have put away 3 if we took the chances. Their average score was something like 2.9 - 0.5 in the league. Its not bad going, well other than the finishing of course...

Pepe dribbled past VVD, amazingly no one has done that for 50 games. His dribbling was a good sign and hopefully he takes off soon it will take us up a level.

We had our fullbacks out, LT didn't start yet they will take us up a level too. I'd like to think with them back and if this game was a few months down the line when the squad is more familiar we might have had a better result.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We wont lose much ground on rivals by losing to Liverpool anyway. They'll get those points back for us as long as we can beat the teams we're meant to be beating. That's where we are and there's no point getting big ideas just yet.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Pochy gone with game plan against city his team ended up with total 3 shots and came out with 1 point because his players were clinical unlike ours.

I bet thier fans are raging too because they should go and attack city

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Seriously people are talking like we lost after a good performance..

Now I don’t think Emery got it wrong to begin with, he should have been reactive after the 2nd goal though.. Our heads dropped and Liverpool was toying with us, we desperately needed changes at that point, but waited too long..

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Problem is people watch the game (if they do) and then get online to talk about their agendas rather than the football. I saw a game where Liverpool struggled to create chances until they took the lead on 41 from a poorly-defended corner where Leno too might have done better.

It still looked like a game where we could get something until 49 minutes when Luiz (not Mustafi) gave away an unnecessary penalty. That was game over though, oddly, I still felt even in the last ten minutes that if we'd scored a second we could have made it a very nervy ending to the game for them.

It's always the manager's fault when you lose, technically speaking. But we have taken some really severe beatings at most top six grounds in the last years of the Wenger era and then, on the few occasions to opted to work against character and set out very defensive teams and got a result, I didn't see many complaints. Neither should there have been. The stupidity is when you don't take opponents strengths and weaknesses into account. To reduce everything to Xhaka and Mustafi and whoever's pet dislike is pretty pointless.

So I didn't see a disaster yesterday. I have seen a team in the first three games which, when we get the injured boys back and gel together as a team, will nail 4th and might even get 3rd. After that it's as it should be - up to the Kronkes.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
While I agree with the people here that the diamond formation Emery deployed was all wrong, I disagree when people say he “threw” the game before it even began. I highly doubt he set you up to go to Anfield and park the bus.
That was down to us forcing you back. You couldn’t get out, the only out ball was pumping it long to one of your quick forwards.
Our new system that Klopp has been deploying made City and Chelsea look like pub teams in the second halves we played them. The only difference is, yesterday we got it right from the off.

We step up 10 yards, make the pitch small, and rely on our midfielders and fullback to get to the second balls first. High risk with high reward.
It works like a vice grip that keeps on tightening, the opposition can’t relieve the pressure and sooner later they have to crack. It’s pretty relentless.
In the second half, we dropped back 10 yards and allowed you to play, so we can pick you off on the counter attack.

So yeah, this wasn’t on Emery in my opinion. You just got outplayed from back to front.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Romb is a no no for PL, especially against 'attack thru wings' Pool. So I do go with Unai missing tactics for this one, and it's nothing I realized after the game.
Still, not surprised at anything and not worried of anything

Pool is not that good also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom