• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes opens door to arsenal

laolu

from all the quotes Jazz has provided, getting Reyes would be a hell of a coup, my only problem is that: CAN we AFFORD £20m, if it's £14m maybe, but we have to give him a hell of a long contract

... that shouldn't be a problem as he seems to have a knack for doing dat

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
It's amazing that a player from Sevilla can beat Valeron, Tristan, Vicente, Torres et al to a spot up front.

It only encourages me that he is an exceptional talent.

he doesnt play up front, and his place in the spanish team starting line up isnt as certain as is being made out. He plays on the left, he is competing with vicente for that spot. Up front is raul and one of torres morientes or tristan.

Adam

Established Member
I was told he was their starting number ten. If he is on the left it is still an acheivement - Vicente is showing great form at Valencia this season.

I hope we get reyes even though it would cost us a lot, also if wenger is going to pay that much he must think he's special!!!!!!!!

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
I was told he was their starting number ten. If he is on the left it is still an acheivement - Vicente is showing great form at Valencia this season.

Some more quotes, the first quote is from a man utd fan the one below is from a spanish r.madrid fan who knows about spanish footy (I have quoted him earlier as well)

you really think reyes is the best left winger in la liga?

i personally prefer vicente.

Reyes has easily surpassed Vicente. Vicente has not lived up to expectations. There use to be a debate, but not anymore.

I don't know whats wrong with Vicente he just seems to be stuck in second gear. I would rather have Solari than Vicente.

Vicente is still young so he has time to get better and return to his old self.

eikaz

reyes is a good player..this is the time that wenger must bring some new palyer in the squad..and reyes must be the one.. ;D :angel ;D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
ruud said:
but even in the Reyes ones are real..where in the QUOTES does it say anything about ARSENAL?

I have to concur with our Manc visitor here. I would love to believe he is coming, but it does not say Arsenal. Although he at least is saying that a move would be on the cards if the right deal for club and player was found ... which is a good start.

We have 5 full days now to see what happens .... exciting stuff.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
ruud said:
but even in the Reyes ones are real..where in the QUOTES does it say anything about ARSENAL?

I have to concur with our Manc visitor here. I would love to believe he is coming, but it does not say Arsenal. Although he at least is saying that a move would be on the cards if the right deal for club and player was found ... which is a good start.

We have 5 full days now to see what happens .... exciting stuff.

Don't get too excited Web. It will probably be another anti-climax.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Did anyone watch the Bilbao vs Deportivo la Coruna game last night? Luque now plays left wing and he fell over while trying to do a "Zidane double spinning drag-back" in the box. It was hilarious.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom