• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,350
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smail

he's good friends with Mesut, so maybe he wants an American adventure and follow him to the MLS. Maybe a january transfer? let's hope so! I even think he will be a succes over there

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't agree with sending him to reserve team or excluding from first team. Of course I'm aware of his limitations but he's a professional player and always behaved in professional manner off the pitch. Performances on the pitch wasn't there but sending him to reserves to train with youth players is classless. Even if he stays beyond the deadline we should rather try to incorporate him back to the team and help him to at least restore some confidence. There's still a player in him, you never know what's gonna happen.
I agree with this - he hasn't done anything to deserve being punished, unless some are suggesting he deliberately allows the opposition to score

only play him if the occasion warrants, by all means, but stay rational

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don't agree with sending him to reserve team or excluding from first team. Of course I'm aware of his limitations but he's a professional player and always behaved in professional manner off the pitch. Performances on the pitch wasn't there but sending him to reserves to train with youth players is classless. Even if he stays beyond the deadline we should rather try to incorporate him back to the team and help him to at least restore some confidence. There's still a player in him, you never know what's gonna happen.

I think it speaks volumes about the guy when two managers & two sets of suits try to shift you so quick. Wenger had enough after 6 months according to Orny... Not many big signing he lost faith with that quick.

Uncle Good-Advice

I think it speaks volumes about the guy when two managers & two sets of suits try to shift you so quick. Wenger had enough after 6 months according to Orny... Not many big signing he lost faith with that quick.
True. I agree he should be nowhere around first team selection atm but don't you think that relegating him to reserves like some posters implied would be very harsh and undeserved? It was the club who has given him contract and wages not that he held us at gunpoint.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery's a massive fan of Mustafi, they said...:facepalm:
Has it been said that he's going to be training with the reserves? That'd be harsh if true (I very much doubt it is). However if the manager doesn't think he justifies a place in the matchday squad because he feels he has better options, then there'd be nothing classless about that. From a personal point of view, I'd struggle to sympathise even if he was asked to clean the toilets for 90k a week. That's the ups and downs of professional football.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

giphy.gif

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
They have no career prospect anymore, just here to leech off the club and enjoy the city life while they wait for their contract to end so they can rake in that sweet free agent money.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

They have no career prospect anymore, just here to leech off the club and enjoy the city life while they wait for their contract to end so they can rake in that sweet free agent money.
Don't think that applies to dumpsters.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
well, he can hang around for two years, playing lightly and enjoying london...while preserving his body and fitness.... and then leave on a free at the age of 29 ...the age when CB's start to peak. There is no point antagonizing or shaming Mustafi.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
well, he can hang around for two years, playing lightly and enjoying london...while preserving his body and fitness.... and then leave on a free at the age of 29 ...the age when CB's start to peak. There is no point antagonizing or shaming Mustafi.
That’d make you happy, wouldn’t it? Smug, almost. We as fans want him gone because he’s not very good. You sound like you’d be happy for him to stay merely because Emery and the vast majority want him gone. A predictably strange stance, but consistent nonetheless.

This is a forum where we talk about players we’d like to see the back of and those who we’d like to see stay. No shaming or antagonising here. Oh, how’s your Guendouzi vendetta doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom