• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
We’ve seen it with Matic, Sanchez and Mkhi. Decent starts at the new club before eventually reverting to type. I heard Sok was completely done at Dortmund before coming here, I hope he doesn’t revert.

Had Matic even regressed before his move to Man Utd? And with Sokratis I would say he has already reverted, but each to their own.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Some of the drop offs have been crazy.

If it was a fighter after changing teams you would be asking questions.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He gets away with so much **** just because he acts like a hardman and pashun merchants eat that **** up.

Remember when some posters here were mockingly doing shout outs to people who didn't rate this bozo? By the end he was **** at Dortmund and he's been **** here too. The fact that 33 year old Koscielny could come back after a year out from an almost career threatening injury and within two games outshine him says it all.

Manberg

Predator
When does he ever pass from the back in those situations? He's always been a no-nonsense CB that prioritises safety first. Very un-Sokratis like. It's a no-brainer really. Emery is telling the defence to pass it from the back at all times and that's where the blame ought to go.

Impact

Established Member
Sokratis is average. Low ceiling but also a high floor. Probably 6/10 most games. Certainly not good enough for our aspirations and needs to be sold.

Mustafi is different, he can be very good and utterly abysmal in the same game. A different type of poison. Problem is ultimately both kill you.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This season he has been abysmal. Probably even shades Xhaka in the running for our worst player so far. I didn't even see this coming, last season i found him to be solid if not nothing spectacular. Didn't make many mistakes. But this season, it really isn't an exaggeration to say he is defending like Mustafi. Numerous brain farts in every game, incapable of even doing the basics right.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The pass into Guendouzi was inconceivably bad. Made it look even stupider when five minutes later he gave it to AMN from the exact same position.

Our CB’s are a real worry right about now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The pass into Guendouzi was inconceivably bad. Made it look even stupider when five minutes later he gave it to AMN from the exact same position.

Our CB’s are a real worry right about now.
I think it come to point just stop trying playing from the back with them it really could affect thier confidence in future

ASIF

I dont blame him for the goal.Sokratis never was a ball playing center back asking him to pass around with 2 players breathing down his neck is all on Unai Emery.Everyone knew this was bound to happen sooner rather then later.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He has regressed it seems. He was often rash and making stupid decisions but today was another level. I found his signing underwhelming. I can't wait to see the back of him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Disgraceful performance, and went under the radar vs Liverpool and Sp**s as Luiz got the blame. Has been worse in my opinion (both have been a shambles dont get me wrong)

blaze_of_glory

I dont blame him for the goal.Sokratis never was a ball playing center back asking him to pass around with 2 players breathing down his neck is all on Unai Emery.Everyone knew this was bound to happen sooner rather then later.
Exactly. Papa defends well for the most part and is a solid enough CB. But our defence as a unit is being asked to play in a why that suites neither them nor the league imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom