• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Hasn't even been called up to U21s in the midst of his exploits. He has played for them this season though, but only once off the bench. He didn't do anything of note but someone I know who was there said "someone that big shouldn't be that quick". You don't notice it but he really eats up the ground when he runs.

Don't think it matters if he hasn't been in U21. I think when you see stuff like what he has been doing of late you have to at least take him with you and have him on the bench. I think it's an important message we send to young players that we see them and there are rewards, especially for insane performances like that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think it matters if he hasn't been in U21. I think when you see stuff like what he has been doing of late you have to at least take him with you and have him on the bench. I think it's an important message we send to young players that we see them and there are rewards, especially for insane performances like that.
I don't disagree but even Nwaneri had started a game for the U21s before he got called up. It's not the kinda thing Arteta does often, and he's especially unlikely to do it when we're still very much in with a chance to win the league. I think a much more realistic wish is for a pre-season call-up. The Euros and Copa America are this year so we'll likely have a pretty depleted pre-season squad. That leaves at least some space for academy talent this pre-season. Obi, despite his lack of U21 experience, could be a do what Joe Willock did, who Wenger called up almost out of the blue after he had his growth spurt and hadn't even made a splash at U21 level yet. Wenger immediately took to Willock and with good reason IMO. If Cozier-Duberry signs a new deal, he's someone I'd like to see in pre-season with Chido Obi, Ethan Nwaneri and Myles Lewis-Skelly. Could also make cases for Reuell Walters and Ayden Heaven - the latter has been impressive of late, and I'd like us to play him more as a #6 and see if he takes to the role.

I don't disagree but even Nwaneri had started a game for the U21s before he got called up. It's not the kinda thing Arteta does often, and he's especially unlikely to do it when we're still very much in with a chance to win the league. I think a much more realistic wish is for a pre-season call-up. The Euros and Copa America are this year so we'll likely have a pretty depleted pre-season squad. That leaves at least some space for academy talent this pre-season. Obi, despite his lack of U21 experience, could be a do what Joe Willock did, who Wenger called up almost out of the blue after he had his growth spurt and hadn't even made a splash at U21 level yet. Wenger immediately took to Willock and with good reason IMO. If Cozier-Duberry signs a new deal, he's someone I'd like to see in pre-season with Chido Obi, Ethan Nwaneri and Myles Lewis-Skelly. Could also make cases for Reuell Walters and Ayden Heaven - the latter has been impressive of late, and I'd like us to play him more as a #6 and see if he takes to the role.

I agree that Arteta is more for players being almost 99% ready when he is debuted than giving them a chance early and rewarding young players' performances down the rank. And it is most likely that the player won't be there for debut this season but if he continues surely he will be there next season.

I am just saying there are players who are born to play this game at a very young age like Fabregas and Rooney and sometimes you have to find out if we have one of those now!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The highlights are already here.

I have to say, the defending is diabolical, no wonder Martin Obi scored so many. Doesn't take away from what was a marvellous display of finishing though. The 7th goal was very impressive as was the 4th goal. He beat that high line so easily every time, all Dudziak and Dowman had to do was pop the ball into space or over the top. It was a bit funny that he was pissed off he didn't score an 8th goal at the end :lol:. He genuinely looked mad about it. That's a scary #9 there. Annous looked really impressive from the highlights too. Might be the best I've seen Dudziak look aswell, seems to be getting more comfortable.

Also well done Wilshere. Brought a ton of noobs into this team and turned them into a very dangerous unit with the sharpest of spears upfront.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The highlights are already here.

I have to say, the defending is diabolical, no wonder Martin Obi scored so many. Doesn't take away from what was a marvellous display of finishing though. The 7th goal was very impressive as was the 4th goal. He beat that high line so easily every time, all Dudziak and Dowman had to do was pop the ball into space or over the top. It was a bit funny that he was pissed off he didn't score an 8th goal at the end :lol:. He genuinely looked mad about it. That's a scary #9 there. Annous looked really impressive from the highlights too. Might be the best I've seen Dudziak look aswell, seems to be getting more comfortable.

Also well done Wilshere. Brought a ton of noobs into this team and turned them into a very dangerous unit with the sharpest of spears upfront.

Here's the youtube video. Still very much shocking defending on 2nd viewing but some unerring 1v1 finishes. I've seen some people say they don't rate Obi's ballstriking or that his finishing is basic but a cursory glance at his last 2 goals and even the 4th goal shows that's not a good line of argument. The truckload of goals he's scored over the last 12 months, a lot of them are largely varied.

Rattata

He's a very good goalscorer and more importantly a consistent goalscorer. He seems to score the same goal every game which is a bit boring but important if you want to make it in professional football.

Anyway in the end it will depend on how well he presses, holds up the ball, his ability in the air, linkup play etc. The classic pacey forward that looks to beat the opponents offside trap all game doesn't have a place in Arteta's system.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom