• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is your main priority? (23/24 and beyond)

If you had to choose one, what would be your main priority going forward?

• KSE sell up to a state and we level the playing field - Arab money 💰

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Constantly change manager until we eventually strike GOLD - Hasenhüttl, Potter, De Zerbi…who’s next?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I understand, the competitiveness and finance makes it tough. But given the size of Arsenal we should be strategizing to dominate consistently.

The stadium was built, we went through all the drama surrounding Wenger in or out, banter years under Emery and Arteta, everything in-between this last decade only to be satIsfied with top 5.

We need to be in the conversation every year at a minimum. This is Arsenal football club; I feel fans forget just how big we are sometimes.
No club is in the conversation every year.

Man United- the biggest club in England and arguably the world hasn't been in the conversation since Fergie left.

Chelsea- have spent billions. Are sometimes in the conversation. Are sometimes 7th-8th or worse. They fluctuate but what they do do is bring silverware home every 4 or 5 years or less. And big silverware.

Liverpool- the team we all are thinking we could be. The team that little by little closed the gap and won the league and CL. A first league in 30 years. Where did they finish this year under the same manager and most of the same players. 6th or 7th I can't even remember. Had it not been for their last 10 games they'd have probably been 9th/10th.

City- dominating because they have spent more than anyone (maybe bar United) over the last 10-15 years. Have an excellent system in place in terms of making most signings work. They have arguably the best manager in world football EVER. And despite having all that have probably needed to act illegal to ensure they are the dominant force.

Football works in cycles. In the PL there is no team that wins 10 in a row no matter how big they are. The league is too competitive for that. City may get 5 or 6 but just as soon as they do there will be another twist or turn and a new club will win.

It's how the PL has worked over the past 20 years. City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, ourselves (on the limit of that time frame) have all won it. Nobody has won the league 4 or 5 times in a row in recent history. There's too many variables to being consistently winning and top.

My argument is to the people who have voted for finishing top 4 and the odd cup. Give me 1 or 2 titles in the next 10 years and an average finishing position of 5-8th than sitting 2nd for the next 10 years and winning nothing.

I'd rather bang eight stinkers to get two goes at Miss World over settling for ten 7/10s.

Last edited:

Bucephalus

I understand, the competitiveness and finance makes it tough. But given the size of Arsenal we should be strategizing to dominate consistently.

The stadium was built, we went through all the drama surrounding Wenger in or out, banter years under Emery and Arteta, everything in-between this last decade only to be satIsfied with top 5.

We need to be in the conversation every year at a minimum. This is Arsenal football club; I feel fans forget just how big we are sometimes.
Ah, the stadium. The most honest mistake Arsenal has ever made. We left our soul at Highbury. But it made sense at the time. We were playing some CL games at Wembley for the extra seats. We--very rationally--thought we needed a stadium that could compete against Old Trafford for match-day financial might. How could we have predicted then that TV money would come to dwarf bums in seats?

I hate all the teams I'm supposed to hate. But there are two smaller English clubs I'll hate forever. Stoke, for chanting "Aaron Ramsey he walks with a limp". And West Ham for getting the Olympic Stadium when we went into hock for ten-plus years to fund the Emirates.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm just happy to have a team to believe in again.

Being back in the Champs league & challenging for honours.

No guarantee we will anything big as the standards are so high but we have hope back.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Next three seasons

- at least two UCL semifinals.
- 90 points average in EPL.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think this year will be a big test for whatever it is these cultists call the project. The man is trying to win the blooming league not build a pyramid. At a big club 5 years is max window on any long term project that doesn’t bear fruit. If i have to read stories of grown men playing hide and go seek at work and playing with black labs as PR gimmicks while we don’t win anything i may lose the few marbles left

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we get things right we can be what Liverpool have been the past 4-5 seasons.

Fairly consistently in the mix for the PL title and winning it every now and then. A few cups too but never the undisputed number 1 side.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom