Tickets on general sale for West Ham game Wednesday

beck (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:30 pm

tickets are available on general sale from 36.50 for our game v west ham weds night
no membership required

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:34 pm

And have been for about a week now, doesn't help that they rescheduled the game and that they want to charge £37 minimum for a ticket.

I can also see the fair weather support stop atteding matches soon as we have been so dire at home for a while now its painful to turn up and you can feel the tension around the ground.

Tangy99 (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:39 pm

I predict another half empty stadium

THunter (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:43 pm

Only go away games, the atmosphere is pathetic at home, you get told to sit down if you try and get a song going.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:44 pm

Tickets are on general sale for the Liverpool game aswell....surely they must be getting some sort of message

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:47 pm

they will not sell out the liverpool match at £62 minimum for lower tier, hopefully the message is going out aroudn the club that people won't be mugs forever with **** performances and expensive tickets.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on January 21st, 2013, 5:50 pm

THunter wrote:Only go away games, the atmosphere is pathetic at home, you get told to sit down if you try and get a song going.

They need to get the red action lot in the middle of the North Bank. Nothings gonna happen whilst the hardcore lot are shoved away in the corner.

progman07 (Lobby Member) on January 21st, 2013, 6:09 pm

beck wrote:tickets are available on general sale from 36.50 for our game v west ham weds night
no membership required

I attended a Bayern-Leverkusen last year for 15 euros. 3-0, Ribery and Robben destroyed Leverkusen. No wonder Guardiola went there, they are incredibly classy on and off the pitch. Be honest to ourselves - the Arsenal management is everything that's wrong with football, not the Man City one.

So sad for the local fans, it's a lose-lose situation with a season ticket, either cancel it and risk not seeing a better Arsenal team in the future, or pay these outrageous prices for Ramsey, Gervinho and Diaby.

say yes (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

Sadly this is going to be the only thing that motivates the board. Almost happy about it.

Quicker than Walcott (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 7:47 pm

Good.

RammiXP (Lobby Member) on January 21st, 2013, 8:01 pm

need this to happen more often then the board will get the message.

Truant (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 8:02 pm

Shocked to see this tbh. My trips to the ground have declined this season mainly due to not being able to afford the tickets. To see West Ham and Liverpool on GS though just shows how bad the pricing situation is.

Not to worry though, many tourists will buy up the seats whilst shopping at the Arsenal stores. And ultimately, this is all the club wants anyway.

5* Business is Arsenal PLC.

dysphoria (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 8:14 pm

Truant wrote:Shocked to see this tbh. My trips to the ground have declined this season mainly due to not being able to afford the tickets. To see West Ham and Liverpool on GS though just shows how bad the pricing situation is.

Not to worry though, many tourists will buy up the seats whilst shopping at the Arsenal stores. And ultimately, this is all the club wants anyway.

5* Business is Arsenal PLC.

Surely the board must realize as our performances drop on the pitch, as our quality deteriorates and as we stop becoming as exciting to watch, the plastic fans will leave for fairer pastures and the business will dry up? As a business model with the aim of capturing the average plastic fan's spending power, what is it that we're offering/intend to offer that other clubs cannot?

Salieri (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 8:17 pm

Many of the plastics are not showing up in this weather for this team. Things will go back to normal when the weather improves though. Unless the results get worse and we find ourselves far down the table, no way people will stop paying to see the mighty Arsenal achieve fourth place!

Loken (Forum Member) on January 21st, 2013, 9:17 pm

There is simply so much wrong with our club, while everything and everyone involved at the club contradicts each-other to the point we just decline.

We attempt to stay self-sufficient through ticket prices, advertisement, sponsorships and performance related bonuses - and yet the Board do not realise that with our significant decline in footballing quality, these sources of income also deplete;

- Higher ticket prices will no longer bring in enough income as fans turn their back on these extortionate prices in exchnage for mediocre performances.

- Arsenal as a 'brand' (how disgusting to think) become unappealing to both plastic fans and companies looking to invest through sponsorship and advertisement.

- Failure to qualify for Champions League, early exits in FA Cup, Carling Cup and decline in Premiership table finishes will severely damage our performance bonuses. Especially the £25m from CL.

Besides this, there is significant conflict and division within the Board itself;

- Stan Kroenke and his right hand man Gazidis form the idealist, self-sufficient model which, while producing one of the finest (albeit quietest) stadiums in the country, has crippled our ability to compete for major honours.

- R&W Holdings under Alisher Usmanov realise the urgent need for external resources to start competing once again.

The whole situation is just a total shambles and unless something changes, we'll keep on declining rapidly - Wenger cannot or will not change the rut.

Sorry for the long-ish post.

jerome2158 (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 1:46 am

Salieri wrote:Many of the plastics are not showing up in this weather for this team. Things will go back to normal when the weather improves though. Unless the results get worse and we find ourselves far down the table, no way people will stop paying to see the mighty Arsenal achieve fourth place!

exactly. It's the middle of winter, and a bad winter at that. Wait until the sun is out and the temperatures go up, and the crowds will be back. Maybe not sell outs, but they will be back.

Not all of us are as willing as others to sit in freezing temperatures to watch this team struggle.

jus2nang (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:52 am

say yes wrote:Sadly this is going to be the only thing that motivates the board. Almost happy about it.

I'm ecstatic. I genuinely hope that attendances drop rapidly. A means to an end. It's the only power we the fans have, to stay away for a while. Not forever, just until the board get the message.

GDeep (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:55 am

Our team is a little boring atm, the weather is abit antarctic too, thats all. Think some of you are reading too much into it.

RandomHero84 (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:07 am

To be honest i wouldnt consider any fans plastic who commit the money that season tickets are costing now.

I can barely motivate myself to go, the atmosphere in my section is terrible. (i did go however to all games im available for).

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:13 am

GDeep wrote:Our team is a little boring atm, the weather is abit antarctic too, thats all. Think some of you are reading too much into it.

What more is there to read? You said it yourself. This Arsenal team is not worth the money to watch. It really is as simple as that.

jerome2158 (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 5:11 am

Tranquil wrote:
GDeep wrote:Our team is a little boring atm, the weather is abit antarctic too, thats all. Think some of you are reading too much into it.

What more is there to read? You said it yourself. This Arsenal team is not worth the money to watch. It really is as simple as that.

that's not what he said, he said they were boring. A great team can still be boring to watch. It's not easy to achieve, but it can be done.

The weather is a real factor too. We're talking about a country that I was stranded in for 5 days due to 4 inches of snow. Bad weather makes something as simple as getting to the match a challenge.

JayTV05 (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:08 pm

I remember as little as 2 years ago tickets sold out within an hour or 2 to red members, I used to have someone at home ready for the ticket sale whilst I was at work to ensure getting a ticket.

Fans were getting frustrated with not winning trophies but on the whole the football was entertaining and we were competing with the very top until about april each year, and we had some world class players, so the prices seemed a tad expensive but acceptable.

Then there was the 6% price hike which angered fans a lot especially because it was at the same time our season fell apart again, and then selling of our stars such as Fabregas and Nasri and decline in quality of our team, which then meant last season you could get a ticket as a red member pretty easily until about a week before the game.

Then there is this season, the further selling of players, the questioning of the owner/boards ambition/motives, the new category A pricing that is off the scale and the further decline in our team, plus more crap fed to us by Ivan and Stan. Now you can get a ticket the day before the game after they've been on general sale for a while, and the ticket exchange seats not even being sold.

We are loseing 1000s of season ticketers every year aswell, my place in the waiting list used to drop by about 1000 a year, now it's dropping by about 10,000.

The fans are being pushed to the limit of pricing until they stop showing up, for the money they pay they expect the best and it is not being delivered anymore. Let's face it why would someone pay more to watch a worse team, especially when they question the owners/boards motives.

Bourne (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:12 pm

It's long overdue. It's about time the fans stood up and are telling them enough is enough by hitting them where it really hurts them, and where they will take notice.

And I'm not just particularly talking about the lack of investment in the team on the pitch, but also the exploitaion of their own fans. What makes it worse is that when the chips are down and performances on the pitch aren't up to scratch, the big wigs have the nerve to pass the but and blame onto us as a reason for it.

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:23 pm

jerome2158 wrote:
Tranquil wrote:

that's not what he said, he said they were boring. A great team can still be boring to watch. It's not easy to achieve, but it can be done.

The weather is a real factor too. We're talking about a country that I was stranded in for 5 days due to 4 inches of snow. Bad weather makes something as simple as getting to the match a challenge.

I fail to see what difference it makes. Football is entertainment. If the team is boring to watch, the entertainment they offer is not worth the £60+ the club charges. Even more so when the fans are so used to not only beautiful football, but success to go with it.
There is a limit to how much they can push the ratio of money spent on the team to money charged to watch the team play.

The Jury (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:38 pm

I wouldn't say the slight drop in numbers is a protest pe se. All it highlights is the percentage of fairweather home support that exists in all premiership stadiums - more so now than ever before. Some are willing to put themselves through more than others. I'd wager the price of a hotdog that a large percentage of those who have decided they aren't getting their moneys worth are those who could easiest afford it. That's how it usually works.

I don't like seeing it, but if there's anything positive to come out of it, I'll take it.

I can honestly say I would never have envisaged this under Wenger.

Bourne (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:50 pm

The Jury wrote:I wouldn't say the slight drop in numbers is a protest pe se. All it highlights is the percentage of fairweather home support that exists in all premiership stadiums - more so now than ever before. Some are willing to put themselves through more than others. I'd wager the price of a hotdog that a large percentage of those who have decided they aren't getting their moneys worth are those who could easiest afford it. That's how it usually works.

I don't like seeing it, but if there's anything positive to come out of it, I'll take it.

I'd tend to agree. And that just makes me feel even more bad for those who probably can't easily afford it, yet still put themselves out to support their team. And it riles me that those 'powers that be' seemingly have no conscience or sympathy towards them, with only '£' signs in their eyes.

dpt49 (Banned) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:54 pm

jerome2158 wrote:The weather is a real factor too. We're talking about a country that I was stranded in for 5 days due to 4 inches of snow. Bad weather makes something as simple as getting to the match a challenge.

It's funny how the bad weather affects us when we have the worst squad, no world class players and are in a complete mess, yet supporters are expected to fork out more money while getting less in return.

I have stood on the North Bank loads of times in terrible weather and got soaked, because the roof didn't go all the way over the two corners. But I didn't mind the weather or not winning anything, in those days, because I didn't feel I was being ripped off.

Paying around £10-£20 for a ticket in the 80's and 90's was ok.
Paying three or four times that, while selling all the players we want to see in an Arsenal shirt, is not ok.

This trend of selling tickets on match day is nothing to do with the weather and more to do with supporters being ripped off by Kroenke.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 10:40 pm

Its not a protest just a sign of the times.

As Jay said it used to be impossible to get a ticket to match at red level and now its a total piece of piss to get one for everymatch and the number of people putting up decent season tickets each game on ticketexchange is nuts.

Demand is defo down and the one of the main reason for having a season ticket was to get to gets that it was impossible to get a ticket for , now that is gone I can't really see the point in having on as there is little to no discount on the number of games you have.

Club will certainly not be increasing the price of tickets next season unless they are as insane as Arsène is the bringing in signings.

JayTV05 (Forum Member) on January 23rd, 2013, 12:03 am

The Jury wrote:I wouldn't say the slight drop in numbers is a protest pe se. All it highlights is the percentage of fairweather home support that exists in all premiership stadiums - more so now than ever before. Some are willing to put themselves through more than others. I'd wager the price of a hotdog that a large percentage of those who have decided they aren't getting their moneys worth are those who could easiest afford it. That's how it usually works.

I wouldn't say it is a slight drop in supporters, i'd be pretty confident of selling out an 80,000 stadium a few years back, now the actual number in our stadium each week is about 50,000.

Although the drop in demand is partially about fair weather fans, there is a substantial amount of hardcore fans that have stopped turning up aswell, who have been through a lot rougher times than this that's for sure. The way they feel the club is treating them is a pretty huge factor, not as valued fans and supporters, but as simply customers that can be discarded as long as the stadium still sells.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 23rd, 2013, 12:21 am

To be fair the only thing that will make kroenke think about the safety of his investment will be a fall in the number of executive boxes sold and covering the season tickets, that will drop out quickly the summer with the way we are going.
Next

Options

tracker