Our fine-system

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 1:02 pm

Interesting to look at, although how true is it and more concerning who leaked it?

You'd think there'd be fines for other poor behaviour, ie foul language, showing up hung over, bullying maybe. You'd think £100 fines wouldn't mean anything to someone on 50k a week either. Also why not just take it out of the salary slip?

http://www.thescore.ie/snapshot-all-fines-to-be-paid-to-per-mertesacker-heres-arsenals-dressing-room-rules-762985-Jan2013/

halfvolley (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 1:13 pm

Most elite sports teams have these. Someone collects the pot every month and the money usually gets donated to some charity.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:21 pm

ArsenesNO1Fan wrote:Interesting to look at, although how true is it and more concerning who leaked it?

You'd think there'd be fines for other poor behaviour, ie foul language, showing up hung over, bullying maybe. You'd think £100 fines wouldn't mean anything to someone on 50k a week either. Also why not just take it out of the salary slip?

http://www.thescore.ie/snapshot-all-fin ... 5-Jan2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you have a swear jar at work? Do you expect them to take it out of your salary slip?

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:28 pm

Money man Mertesacker.

mr.mojo (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 5:38 pm

this is the kind of pointless story the club slips out to take attention off the fact that it is 22 days into the window and we haven't signed anyone yet.

mo50 (Elite Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Am I the only one that thought the title of the thread was a sarcastic way of complaining about our 4-3-3?

mavelous (Trusted Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 8:00 pm

leo_ense wrote:Money man Mertesacker.

:lol: that part had me in stitches, good to see they had some humor about it at least

jones (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:39 pm

mo50 wrote:Am I the only one that thought the title of the thread was a sarcastic way of complaining about our 4-3-3?

No, thought exactly the same. Shows what a bitter/sarcastic bunch we've become I guess.

blaze_of_glory (Trusted Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 9:50 pm

That fine list was "leaked" by some guy posting pics of his tour of Colney on Reddit. Was just an innocent "look at the cool stuff I saw on my tour" type thing.

Of course the media got a hold of it and turned it into a story.

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on January 26th, 2013, 2:31 pm

£100 for bringing the wrong kit on match days? Jeeze.

JayTV05 (Forum Member) on January 26th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Aaron Ramsey had an interview on Soccer AM today where this was mentioned, it's just a bit of fun to keep some discipline, Jason Roberts said it's common at every club. It's Mertesacker's job to approach the players and demand the money. What was particularly funny was when he said that Theo calls Mertesacker 'Par 5' because he's so long haha

Last edited by JayTV05 on January 26th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THunter (Forum Member) on January 26th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Par 5...:lol:

jerome2158 (Forum Member) on January 27th, 2013, 12:32 am

Taylor Gang Gunners wrote:£100 for bringing the wrong kit on match days? Jeeze.

What I don't understand is how that would even happen. We have a kit manager, and every stadium has dress room attendants who prepare and set everything up before the players even get there.

The fee makes it sound as if the players have to pack their own little bag with whatever they think they'll need.

Options

tracker