I'm scared!!! - Wilshere's Future

blaze_of_glory (Trusted Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:44 am

Stop fear-mongering. Jack lives and breathes Arsenal. We'll have him for years unless things really go belly-up.

Mobb Starr (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:44 am

I know there are a couple of threads and many comments about the guy. Moderators are free to lock this thread if it doesn't deserve to stand up on its own. But guys, I'm scared. Not of missing out on Champions League football, or of losing our manager without a quality replacement. No what keeps me awake at night is the thought this summer our club will sell our remaining crown jewel to our greatest rival.

What is to stop Sir Alex putting in a £30m bid for Wilshere as the natural replacement for Paul Scholes?!

I'm having nightmares about this scenario, yeah I know that the boy is a gooner through and through. But if we miss Champions League football and Woy Hodgson starts whispering in the boys ear about needing to be playing at the top level to guarantee a spot in Rio and the fact that Fergie can guarantee not only Champions League, but the chance to be a Utd legend. Is that too tempting a move to turn down?

No doubt, £30m is enough money to turn Kroenke's head. Fergie can double Jack's wages and is basically the only other person who could improve Jack as a player. Can he really turn him down in that scenario?

My heart says he would but my head says he may see that as too good an opportunity to let slip. I'm hoping Jack is more like Shearer than RVP or Cashley but hey, I could be wrong. What do you guys think? Would Wenger really threaten to resign if we sold Jack or will he give us the usual spin and say that if a player's head has been turned he won't stand in his way.

Dokaka (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:47 am

Wilshere is too good of a character to **** over Arsenal. And don't name RVP as an example, that guy had a history of being a ****. Wilshere has shown nothing but being a class act off the pitch.

A worry without any reasoning behind it, honestly.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:48 am

what the f'ck is this about he just signed a contract he will be staying on for a number of years to come.

jones (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:49 am

:lol: This thread

yuvken (Elite Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:50 am

:lol:

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:58 am

Don't be so scared mate jacky come to the media alot of times and say he love this club and he will never leave arsenal plus he is english and of course he have so many friends here like walcott gibbs etc etc.

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:58 am

OP you've really embarrassed yourself with this thread and it's seriously demotion worthy. Why are some decent long term Lobby posters not promoted and this girl (I hope it's a girl) is?

glaveror (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:01 am

I'll believe in his character only when he finishes his career here or at least gives us 8-10 more years,preferably littered with trophies-but if trophies were to happen then I guess he wouldn't even feel the need to move anywhere. So we simply have to win the league and CL few times and there's nothing to worry. :-)

As long as we don't at least compete for trophies other teams will come for him,that's for sure..not this summer or the next maybe but they'll come.

Dokaka (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:27 am

Mobb Starr (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:29 am

ArsenesNO1Fan wrote:OP you've really embarrassed yourself with this thread and it's seriously demotion worthy. Why are some decent long term Lobby posters not promoted and this girl (I hope it's a girl) is?

Touched a nerve did I? So many doubting Toms on this forum. You want justification do ya.

1.) Arsenal are a selling club
2,) Man U have English players too (trophy winning English players, Carrick, Young, Rio etc)
3.) Wayne Rooney left Everton and never looked back.
4.) This season Fergie needed a star striker and we gave him one capable of leading them to the title,
5.) Everyone knows that Man U are in need of a Wilshere to bolster their midfield and Fergie won't gamble on a foreigner as a Scholes replacement, he already tried with Anderson he will buy the best players from other Premier League teams
6.) Our board makes the decisions, not us fans and certainly not Jack, and they have form.
7.) We can buy a lot of cheap French replacements with £30m, (hell, Wenger is likely to bank the money and promote Coquelin or Ramsey.
8.) We haven't won anything for 7 years. (and are unlikely to for another 7 with our manager at the helm)
9.) Being a fan doesn't automatically make you a loyal servant as a player.
10.) Jack is more likely to win medals as a Man U player

Need any more reasons?

yuvken (Elite Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:39 am

Dokaka wrote:Image

Dok - this looks more like "the pit", no?

All of you - leave the poor kid alone. Already confessed to being scared - what will it be now? terrified? :ph34r

psycho (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:55 am

Jack's character and loyalty don't even matter. The powers that be simply would not allow it for the foreseeable future anyways- the uproar would be immense.

Liverpool has seen people come and go as well but look what happen when Gerrard considered Chelsea. Not that it would be as drastic around these sides, but still.

mo50 (Elite Member) on January 24th, 2013, 2:09 am

Don't worry OP, this is a concern I have too. Definitely not this summer, but in 3-4 years if we keep on going about our business the way we have, i.e. keep selling our top performers, not signing top players and not paying top salary, we'll definitely be in trouble.

Every club in the world will come in for him. When it comes time to renew his contract he'll have a chance to double whatever we're offering and a great chance at trophies.

Luckily we're still far away from that point but we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand. Jack is already one of our top earners and what has he achieved so far? Scored 5 goals, 1 full season under his belt and 18 months out injured, yet he still commanded a salary of up to 80k a week. What will he want when he's the best player in the English National team and starts adding goals and assists to his name?

At this point in time, with the way our club is operating, I'd bet my house on him not retiring here and leaving before he's 27.

redanddread (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 2:21 am

I'm scared I'm gonna waste more time on a dumbass thread like this again

mr.mojo (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 2:53 am

Jack won't leave, not only does he love the club, but we have the chance to win trophies in future. we may not be in the running this year, or even next, but he won't be world class by then anyway.

He has 15 years minimun(hopefully) left in his playing career. captaining his only team, which he has been with for god knows how long, will mean much more to him than going up north to win a few titles at united. ask gerrard would he rather the trophies he has with liverpool, or 6 leagues, 5 FA cups and a CL with united or chelsea.

as long as we are in shape to compete in the next 3 years we're fine. we won't sell, we don't need to. and if things do continue as they are now, sir alex will be long gone before jack wants to jump ship, and they won't have as much pull.

i'd be more worried about how we're going to get Wenger out, who we can get in afterwards, and what kind of players we can attract, before i worry about jack leaving.

The Jury (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 3:11 am

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 3:34 am

If in 5 years time we are in the same, or heaven forbid, worse state, then I will join you in fearing for Jacks Arsenal future. But I cannot imagine a situation that could arise in the near future that would see Jack leave Arsenal FC. It just wont happen. Go back to worrying about our club not challeneging for anything. It is a far more worrying thought currently.

marv3llous (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 4:01 am

Read first paragraph ...

... what are you on about? Jack signed a 5 and half year deal last month. He is a gooner. There is nothing to be scared of about him other than thugs like Collison stamping on his ankles week in, week out.

/thread.

Airknight (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 4:09 am

Here are 13 inspirational quotes to overcome your fears

http://satyacolombo.com/13-unusual-quot ... ming-fear/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 5:19 am

Airknight wrote:Here are 13 inspirational quotes to overcome your fears

http://satyacolombo.com/13-unusual-quot ... ming-fear/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hah. I raise you one Dune quote -
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

SA Gunner (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 8:41 am

Lets hope this thread doesnt get brought up and all the -> :lol: reponses look like fools.

Wasnt VP the perfect captain just 12 months ago, nothing is sure in football, especially in our situation.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 9:11 am

Somebody give the lad a comforting hug and tell him not to be scared. Where are the metrosexuals when you need them? :D

yuvken (Elite Member) on January 24th, 2013, 10:34 am

SA Gunner wrote:Lets hope this thread doesnt get brought up and all the -> :lol: reponses look like fools.
TBH, all the :lol: responses are not because it couldn't possibly happen, or that some of us are not wondering about the very same thing. It is partly because, well - he signed a 5 year deal just days ago (and how scared must the person have been before that? :roll: or it didn't occur to them). And that, quite simply, if you're worried about that, you must be worried about almost everything in the world - particularly about the good things (parents know this: you just worry, and you didn't before you had them. Do you now complain about having them? in a way - yes, but then you see how ridiculous this is).

Proof (Trusted Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:06 am

Wilshere will have no choice but to leave in a few years time if the club carry on as they do. Then we'll start calling him an ungrateful **** and Judas. Right now it wouldn't make sense from his perspective to leave Arsenal.

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:14 am

He's Arsenal through and through. I watched his interview before the Chelski game, he said his father is a West Ham fan, but he's been with us since 8 years old (?) and he's got great affection for our beautiful football club.

"I'm Arsenal", he said. He's ALWAYS pledged his loyalty both long and short term whenever he's had the chance. He hasn't fobbed us off with, "I'm committed, but in the future nobody knows". Jack's with us for life. If we build the team around him, he'll be our captain for years and we'll win trophies.

As for the thread title, 2 words;

Man.
Up.

SA Gunner (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:20 am

yuvken wrote:
SA Gunner wrote:Lets hope this thread doesnt get brought up and all the -> :lol: reponses look like fools.
TBH, all the :lol: responses are not because it couldn't possibly happen, or that some of us are not wondering about the very same thing. It is partly because, well - he signed a 5 year deal just days ago (and how scared must the person have been before that? :roll: or it didn't occur to them). And that, quite simply, if you're worried about that, you must be worried about almost everything in the world - particularly about the good things (parents know this: you just worry, and you didn't before you had them. Do you now complain about having them? in a way - yes, but then you see how ridiculous this is).

Mate, with Arsenal Football Club nothing is for certain, especially with the climate that we are in.

There is nothing that would turn the board's head more than a massive bid from anyone, we have seen this before and nothing stops it from happening again. United offer a 30 million bid on the back of a title win, with us once again facing massive questions on our ambition, etc. I wouldnt put it pass the board to snap such an opportunity, with the contract just being a means to extract more money.

With this board all personnel have a price, with perhaps Wenger untouchable as he is the generator of the income.

So no, Im not certain and you similarly cannot be certain, because there is no absolute clear reason for such a scenario not to play out.

Last edited by SA Gunner on January 24th, 2013, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proof (Trusted Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:26 am

Taylor Gang Gunners wrote:"I'm Arsenal", he said. He's ALWAYS pledged his loyalty both long and short term whenever he's had the chance. He hasn't fobbed us off with, "I'm committed, but in the future nobody knows". Jack's with us for life. If we build the team around him, he'll be our captain for years and we'll win trophies.

Are you actually buying those corny loyalty pledges ? Football players are not fans, they come up with those lines just to please the supporters. Thierry Henry said he'll never go to Spain because his heart belongs at Arsenal.

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:34 am

Proof wrote:
Taylor Gang Gunners wrote:"I'm Arsenal", he said. He's ALWAYS pledged his loyalty both long and short term whenever he's had the chance. He hasn't fobbed us off with, "I'm committed, but in the future nobody knows". Jack's with us for life. If we build the team around him, he'll be our captain for years and we'll win trophies.

Are you actually buying those corny loyalty pledges ? Football players are not fans, they come up with those lines just to please the supporters. Thierry Henry said he'll never go to Spain because his heart belongs at Arsenal.

Thierry Henry, The King, is French with Caribbean origins. Jacky is a local lad and frequently mentions how close he is to home and how important his family are to him. He doesn't strike me as the type to want to play abroad, and he won't betray us for the likes of Yanited, of that I'm sure.

People need to stop with this thinking that Arsenal are no longer a big club due to our recent trophy drought. Arsenal are a HUGE club, close to his home, and he's paid a fortune weekly. Of course he will want to win trophies and as long as we have him and our other key players, there's no reason why we shouldn't challenge consistently for trophies soon with a few quality additions to support our current options.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:36 am

There is nothing to stop Jack going to United. He seems more loyal than most but you can't count on that. If he has to play with dross for three or four years, like Cesc did, he'll sod off too, which is why it is imperative that we strengthen.
Next

Options

tracker