Jorginho


Sam the Duck (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 11:55 am

Italy’s Sky Sports has reported linked Arsenal with a move for Hellas Verona’s Brazilian-born midfielder Jorginho.

Jorginho has been attracting rave reviews this season in Serie B.

The 21-year-old, who stands at 1.80 meters while commanding a central midfield role in the Verona XI, has reportedly got the likes of Lazio, AC Milan, Napoli and Fiorentina all vying for his signature. Now, so says the rumour mill, Arsène Wenger is also taking a look at the youngster.

There are plenty of factors to dismiss the transfer report as fanciful at best.

Few concrete sources can be unearthed to offer credence to the Sky Sports Italia story, while the main sense that there may be some truth to this piece of gossip stems for the circumstantial evidence that Arsène Wenger likes to find diamonds in the rough who he can then polish up into star performers.

Yet with Arsenal light in midfield with Mikel Arteta, Abou Diaby and Francis Coquelin all missing from the first team at the moment, the Gunners arguably do need extra midfield bodies for second half of the campaign.


http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/sky-i ... -jorginho/

The player has an Italian passport and the asking price is 7 Million Euros.

There are a few Italian sites reporting the rumor but they are probably not the most reliable:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/hellasve ... XQtMTAyMzM
http://www.bolanews.com/liga/premier-le ... a-Jorginho
User avatar

GoonerBoy19 (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Cool..Gervinho...Jorginho.. ;D

Can we also buy Coutinho :bounce

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 12:41 pm

A player from serie b meh we can do better arsenal.
User avatar

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 24th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Super quality
User avatar

blaze_of_glory (Trusted Member) on January 25th, 2013, 12:49 am

Kanonier wrote:WOW! The "exceptional quality" that Wenger was talking about was a completely unknown mediocre midfielder from Serie B. Arsène Wenger is ****** clueless!


Why do you think this is actually going to happen as opposed to the other rumours?
User avatar

Kanonier (Forum Member) on January 25th, 2013, 12:52 am

WOW! The "exceptional quality" that Wenger was talking about was a completely unknown mediocre midfielder from Serie B. Arsène Wenger is ****** clueless!
User avatar

kofigunner (Trusted Member) on January 25th, 2013, 1:40 am

Or, the rumour has no substance to it and we should not expend any emotional energy on it. There are always so many rumours flying around here that after a while you get inured to things. Having said that, one day we could again land a diamond in the rough but Wenger makes things difficult by talking about "Super Quality" and all his other patented pet phrases.
User avatar

Airknight (Forum Member) on January 25th, 2013, 2:15 am

The best Jorge you can find.

Will take anything atm, our squad depth is pathetic.

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on January 25th, 2013, 3:09 am

the missing puzzle piece, finally
User avatar

Eduardo_da_Silva (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 12:24 pm

http://talksport.com/football/arsenal-j ... 3101463984

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Jorginho

Scouting from a liverpool fan:
Whereas nowadays a football club’s interest in a player is rarely kept a secret due to the boom of social network sites and the fact that many tabloids now rely on such media to carry out their journalistic duties, there is still the odd occasion where a club will bring in a surprise signing without the world and their dog knowing about it.

A fine example of such a case was when Liverpool recruited the Moroccan winger, Oussama Assaidi, from Heerenveen in Holland. When the social network sites and forums were full of talk of the impending signatures of Joe Allen, Fabio Borini and Samed Yesil last summer, Assaidi sneaked in through the backdoor it only became knowledge once the club released photos of his medical with Dr Zaf Iqbal and the now obligatory interview popped up on the official site.

So whilst all the talk this summer has been of the possible signings (and sightings) of Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, it now seems Italian midfielder, Jorginho, could be the next signing in Brendan Rodgers’ summer transfer window as it came to fruition only yesterday that Jorginho was high on Liverpool’s summer shopping list.

So you may ask – “who is Jorginho”?

To give him his full name, Jorge Luiz Frello Filho, is a central midfielder who ply’s his trade with Hellas Verona in Italy’s Serie B. The 20-year-old was born in Imbituba in Brazil but moved with his family to northern Italy as a teenager where he joined the local youth team at Verona.

In June 2010, Jorginho was loaned out to Serie C2 side, AC Sambonifacese, where he played his first full senior season for the Veneto club – appearing 31 times and scoring one goal whilst providing ten assists from his central midfield position. The following season, he returned to his parent club and went on to make 42 appearances in Serie B and played three games in Verona’s Coppa Italia campaign. In the league campaign, Jorginho scored two goals and made two as Verona reached the Serie B promotion play-offs.

Jorginho is primarily a central midfielder but can seamlessly slot into the defensive midfield position when asked to do so. In the former position, he is a classic box-to-box midfielder who seems to cover ground in next to no time which suits a counter-attacking style. He usually starts attacks from quite deep and either relies on his excellent vision and range to pinpoint accurate balls over a long distance or he will drive into open space using his exquisite close dribbling ability and pace as he looks to move the ball forward. He is naturally two-footed though lines up on the right of a three-man midfield.

Jorginho is technically brilliant and relies on his first touch and excellent ball control to keep possession as he looks to start his team’s attacks. He is blessed with pace and is comfortable either looking to play a long pass to a team mate or going it alone due to his ability to run with the ball over long distances.

As a defensive midfielder, Jorginho has a fantastic understanding of the position. He is more than happy to sit in front of his defence and break up attacks and is also willing to accept the ball from his defenders to begin counter-attacks of his own. When deployed in this defensive role, he rarely looks to cross the halfway line and relies on his long ball passing ability as he pings the ball from a deeper position – very much like Xabi Alonso does for Real Madrid and Spain.

Although quite waif-looking, Jorginho possesses great stamina and has a good engine which means he will run all day long if you ask him to. He is a hard worker and works for the team. This has been highlighted due to the fact that he rarely looks to score goals or get into the box. He rather plays a pass to a more creative team mate or will look to play a killer ball than to shoot himself. What Jorginho will need to improve upon is his natural strength. He can easily be knocked off the ball and there are times where he does go to ground when he comes into contact with an opponent.

So onto Liverpool’s reported interest?

Having been scouted over the past season by AC Milan, Lazio and Napoli in Italy and Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United in England it seems Liverpool are closest to capturing the young Italian Under-21 international.

Jorginho’s agent, Joao Santos, seemed close to reaching an agreement for his client with both AC Milan and Lazio during the January transfer window; only for the deal to collapse due to the fee placed upon his head. However, it seems Liverpool have seen enough to sanction a move of around £8m which is the fee Verona are actively seeking for their star man.

If Jorginho were to join Liverpool, he would more than likely occupy the same position as Jordan Henderson. Even though Henderson seemed to kick on during the second half of last season, Jorginho’s superior technical ability and energy would probably be enough to see him leapfrog Henderson for the box-to-box midfielder role. However, he could also quite easily cover the role currently occupied by Lucas Leiva. Whatever happens, it seems Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in serious competition for the players already at the club and Jorginho would more than easily fit Rodgers’ ethos as he is a talented technician who could slot into Liverpool’s squad straightaway.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jorgi ... 02017.html
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Never seen him play, but seems like a really good player and one who could perhaps mature into Arteta's role, and the advantage is he'd have the pace Arteta lacks. At 5'10" though he isn't the biggest and his lack of strength is a bit of a worry, I can see him having a settling period of around a season if he came to England, he'd have to bulk up while being limited to mainly sub appearances, where he can stretch the defence with his pace late on.

He's probably better suited to Ramsey's role atm but I think him and Wilshere have that spot locked down for the next decade.

That piece seems to be from last season, and he seems to have really kicked on since then in Serie A. Whoscored rating of 7.3, though that includes a seemingly poor appearance at CF. At CM and DMC his Whoscored rating is 7.44 with three goals and an assist from six appearances which is amazing.

I'd be very keen on him and he represents a good choice to replace Arteta, he'll be ready to start just as Arteta really starts to decline.
User avatar

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 12:50 pm

I follow the Serie A and His team Verona are having good start 13 points from 7 games they just got promoted from Serie B. Jorginho have 3 goals and 1 assist already i will keep more eye to him.
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Just about post a new topic about him but yeah apperantly we are in talks with his represatives over a possible move here in January.
Do not know anything about him to be fair. All i know that he is 5.11 (1.80m), central midfielder, first season for him in Serie A, has scored 3 goals in 8 games so far this season and apperantly likes of: Juventus, Fiorentina, Liverpool and Dortmund are all looking to sign him, he can play as CM, DM and CAM aswell.

I actually believe this might have legs because we are looking to sign young midfielder who would take over from Arteta eventually.

We were very close signing Pastore on the deadline + we gave trial to Sebastien Perez and been linked to Gundogan/Bender so i think Arsène might be looking to bring in new midfielder who would eventually take over from Arteta.

Offtopic but we are also looking to bring in Sime Vrsaljko as Sagnas replacement.
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Also could be replacement for Rosicky as CAM you never know what Wenger has in his mind.
User avatar

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 1:21 pm

Pires7_Legend wrote:Also could be replacement for Rosicky as CAM you never know what Wenger has in his mind.


Yes he can play as Central Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder but i think he prefer to play as Central Midfielder.
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on October 15th, 2013, 1:51 pm

yousif_arsenal wrote:
Pires7_Legend wrote:Also could be replacement for Rosicky as CAM you never know what Wenger has in his mind.


Yes he can play as Central Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder but i think he prefer to play as Central Midfielder.


CM is his natural position but he can operate as Defensive Midfielder and Attacking Midfielder also. I think if we gonna sign him he will replace Arteta after 2 years that what i am thinking.

I think one of Zelalem, Oxlade or Gnabry will be used as Attacking midfielder and replacement for Rosicky.
User avatar

frass (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 10:55 am

thedon5 wrote:Never seen him play, but seems like a really good player and one who could perhaps mature into Arteta's role, and the advantage is he'd have the pace Arteta lacks. At 5'10" though he isn't the biggest and his lack of strength is a bit of a worry, I can see him having a settling period of around a season if he came to England, he'd have to bulk up while being limited to mainly sub appearances, where he can stretch the defence with his pace late on.

He's probably better suited to Ramsey's role atm but I think him and Wilshere have that spot locked down for the next decade.

That piece seems to be from last season, and he seems to have really kicked on since then in Serie A. Whoscored rating of 7.3, though that includes a seemingly poor appearance at CF. At CM and DMC his Whoscored rating is 7.44 with three goals and an assist from six appearances which is amazing.

I'd be very keen on him and he represents a good choice to replace Arteta, he'll be ready to start just as Arteta really starts to decline.


You said you have never seen him play but then you go on to comment about his lack of strength is worrying because he is 5'10"...wtf???? If you don't know what are talking about don't pretend like many others on here.
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 12:03 pm

frass wrote:
thedon5 wrote:Never seen him play, but seems like a really good player and one who could perhaps mature into Arteta's role, and the advantage is he'd have the pace Arteta lacks. At 5'10" though he isn't the biggest and his lack of strength is a bit of a worry, I can see him having a settling period of around a season if he came to England, he'd have to bulk up while being limited to mainly sub appearances, where he can stretch the defence with his pace late on.

He's probably better suited to Ramsey's role atm but I think him and Wilshere have that spot locked down for the next decade.

That piece seems to be from last season, and he seems to have really kicked on since then in Serie A. Whoscored rating of 7.3, though that includes a seemingly poor appearance at CF. At CM and DMC his Whoscored rating is 7.44 with three goals and an assist from six appearances which is amazing.

I'd be very keen on him and he represents a good choice to replace Arteta, he'll be ready to start just as Arteta really starts to decline.


You said you have never seen him play but then you go on to comment about his lack of strength is worrying because he is 5'10"...wtf???? If you don't know what are talking about don't pretend like many others on here.


Lol.

It clearly says he lacks strength in the OP. I have seen him in quite a few Youtube videos but don't consider that as having seen someone play. In the videos he definitely was muscled off the ball easily.

I did actually see him though against Parma a couple of days ago and he had a very good game, buried two solid penalties to win them the game. He earned the second one. He was at the centre of things for them and transitioned the ball well from defence and made some good passes in the final third as well. Positionally solid and won possession once or twice. I maintain he could be a good long-term replacement for Arteta.

Now if you can't even read the posts without making a nothing post like the one you just made then maybe you shouldn't be here.
User avatar

frass (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 2:54 pm

thedon5 wrote:
frass wrote:
thedon5 wrote:Never seen him play, but seems like a really good player and one who could perhaps mature into Arteta's role, and the advantage is he'd have the pace Arteta lacks. At 5'10" though he isn't the biggest and his lack of strength is a bit of a worry, I can see him having a settling period of around a season if he came to England, he'd have to bulk up while being limited to mainly sub appearances, where he can stretch the defence with his pace late on.

He's probably better suited to Ramsey's role atm but I think him and Wilshere have that spot locked down for the next decade.

That piece seems to be from last season, and he seems to have really kicked on since then in Serie A. Whoscored rating of 7.3, though that includes a seemingly poor appearance at CF. At CM and DMC his Whoscored rating is 7.44 with three goals and an assist from six appearances which is amazing.

I'd be very keen on him and he represents a good choice to replace Arteta, he'll be ready to start just as Arteta really starts to decline.


You said you have never seen him play but then you go on to comment about his lack of strength is worrying because he is 5'10"...wtf???? If you don't know what are talking about don't pretend like many others on here.


Lol.

It clearly says he lacks strength in the OP. I have seen him in quite a few Youtube videos but don't consider that as having seen someone play. In the videos he definitely was muscled off the ball easily.

I did actually see him though against Parma a couple of days ago and he had a very good game, buried two solid penalties to win them the game. He earned the second one. He was at the centre of things for them and transitioned the ball well from defence and made some good passes in the final third as well. Positionally solid and won possession once or twice. I maintain he could be a good long-term replacement for Arteta.

Now if you can't even read the posts without making a nothing post like the one you just made then maybe you shouldn't be here.


So 24hrs ago you have never seen him play and 24hrs later you did. I'm just going off what you said. Draw your own judgement before following some journalists, there are more important attributes than strength.
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 3:05 pm

Lol mate did you see the date I posted that? That was on October 15th, this is October 23rd.

Strength is certainly an important attribute in the PL. This kid has clear talent, the problem is, how would he adapt to the PL? He is young so I think he could definitely make the grade here he just needs to adjust and be allowed the time to bulk up a bit whilst refining his attacking play more to suit Arsenal. His defensive side has room for improvement too. He has a great passing range and can get the ball out of tight spaces so he is definitely similar to Arteta in some ways but he has pace.

He would be a good replacement for Arteta but we need a Flamini type as well, a no-nonsense type player and this guy certainly isn't that. Would be a worthwhile signing but the way he's playing his price will skyrocket and he would probably prefer a place that he would be guaranteed to start, or maybe he would favour staying in Italy and going to one of the top clubs.
User avatar

frass (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 3:10 pm

thedon5 wrote:Lol mate did you see the date I posted that? That was on October 15th, this is October 23rd.

Strength is certainly an important attribute in the PL. This kid has clear talent, the problem is, how would he adapt to the PL? He is young so I think he could definitely make the grade here he just needs to adjust and be allowed the time to bulk up a bit whilst refining his attacking play more to suit Arsenal. His defensive side has room for improvement too. He has a great passing range and can get the ball out of tight spaces so he is definitely similar to Arteta in some ways but he has pace.

He would be a good replacement for Arteta but we need a Flamini type as well, a no-nonsense type player and this guy certainly isn't that. Would be a worthwhile signing but the way he's playing his price will skyrocket and he would probably prefer a place that he would be guaranteed to start, or maybe he would favour staying in Italy and going to one of the top clubs.


My bad, didn't see the date you posted ;D
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 3:22 pm

No worries mate :) .

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... tching-him

Interesting, he would definitely choose us over Liverpool and Chelsea, unless he wanted Chelsea money. Wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at any of the three clubs but would have the best chance here.

Interesting that his boss reckons the Parma game was his worst performance of the season! Tells you something about his performances this season then that I thought he played well!

Has anyone been following him more closely than I have been?
User avatar

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 5:33 pm

Haven't seen him play, 7.4 on whoscored is pretty high, 5 goals and 1 assist in 8 games too from midfield. He's listed as 180cm, which would be nigh on 6'0, not 5'10.
User avatar

jones (Forum Member) on October 23rd, 2013, 5:38 pm

thedon5 wrote:Interesting, he would definitely choose us over Liverpool and Chelsea, unless he wanted Chelsea money. Wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at any of the three clubs but would have the best chance here.


If he wants playing time he'd be thick to choose us over Liverpool.
User avatar

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on October 24th, 2013, 6:00 pm

He'd be thick to choose Chelsea! No young no. 10 should even contemplate Chelski right now.
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 25th, 2013, 5:36 am

Floating (Trusted Member) on October 25th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Taylor Gang Gunners wrote:He'd be thick to choose Chelsea! No young no. 10 should even contemplate Chelski right now.


Arsenal isn't a much better scenario... we have the best number 10 in the world, who only just turned 25. We also have Cazorla, Rosicky, Jack, Zelalem, Ramsey, who can all play there.
User avatar

thedon5 (Forum Member) on October 26th, 2013, 2:57 am

He's not a number 10 though so no problem.
User avatar

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on October 28th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Yeah, he's a number 19.
User avatar

DanDare (Forum Member) on October 29th, 2013, 3:26 pm

ArsenesNO1Fan wrote:Haven't seen him play, 7.4 on whoscored is pretty high, 5 goals and 1 assist in 8 games too from midfield. He's listed as 180cm, which would be nigh on 6'0, not 5'10.


It's under 5'11.
User avatar
Next


Options

cron

tracker