• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 30/5/15, 17:30 - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
wembley3get_2560467k.jpg

Let's ****ing do this! A win will make Arsenal the most successful club in the history of the FA Cup.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ospina
Bellerin Kos Per Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Theo Caz Alexis
Giroud

Is what I'd do tbh

But this is what we'll most probably see:

Woj
Bellerin Kos Per Monreal
Coq
Ramsey Caz Özil Alexis
Giroud

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we are the fav at this one so lets do it!

Scezcney
Bellerin kosh Mertesacker Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Wilshere Caz/Özil Alexis
Walcott

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Please tell me this on something other than BT sport or I'm committing.

blaze_of_glory

Having a tough time figuring out what line up we'll see. I think there could be a few things up in the air based on certain player's current form.

I'd love a front three of Alexis, Giroud, Theo. But can't see Wenger dropping Ramsey, and he doesn't seem to want to play Ramsey next to Coq in the middle.

I have a sneaky but probably wrong suspicion that Giroud may start on the bench and Theo start at CF. Yes, its only one game he's played there, but Giroud isn't in good form at the moment and Theo seems like he's now actually back to himself. Like I said, probably wrong though.

Wenger is going to pick his fav players and those who he feel that deserve to win the FA Cup. His pick won't be based on form. The only thing Wenger can't do and justify is picking Debuchy and Gibbs in his team even if he really want's too.

Szczesney
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Cazorla
Ramsey - Özil - Sanchez
Giroud

This is the team that have been playing most lately and even if this team have not show any promises attacking wise bar few odd games this is the team Wenger want's to see win the cup.

Going to be very hard game.

blaze_of_glory

Villa lost to Burnley didn't they? They are in a bad spell right now, we need to jump on them early and crush their spirit.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A big plus for us is the fact that Ron Vlaar will play. Vlaar has been comical in recent weeks and I'd say he's Villa's weakest link atm. I'm desperate for Theo to start this game, Emirates is a big pitch but Wembley is even bigger, genuine width would help us immensely.

Villa aren't short of pace either, they have Benteke, Agbonlahor, N'Zogbia and Sinclair who are all quick. Hope we see our best players in their best positions.

cannonade

Established Member
This is not what Wenger will do, but I'd go with a Wenger-ish line-up of:
Woj
Bel BFG KOS Nacho
Le Coq Ramsey (Cazorla)
Walcott Özil Alexis
Giroud

2 most difficult players to leave out are Cazorla and JW. Tempting to leave Giroud out and play Theo up top with JW on the wing. Then the only problem is Ramsey or Cazorla? Tough call...they both bring so much, but I think Ramsey has some goals coming as he's been so close and he's fearless. Got to like that in a player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The team that should start:

Ospina
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Alexis
Giroud​
The team that will start:

Szczesny
Bellerin Mertsacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud​

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

So it begins...

I have every confidence. :rolleyes:

Actually i do, because I just don't see Villa as the kind of team that can play an effective counter attacking game for 90 in the style of Swansea, or park the bus for 90 in the style of Sunderland.

Really, it's on us to set the pace and the tone. If we do that, we win. :)

I have My 71 replica shirt ready and ironed to go, as does my son.

Let's go...

arsenalhumor

4-4-2

Hector Gabriel Kos. Nacho
Coq.
Wilshere Özil ramsey
Walcott sanchez

Or 3-5-2

Gabriel Mert Kos
Coq
Wilshere Özil ramsey
Bellerin Walcott Sanchez

Last edited:

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Ospina
Hector Per Kos Nacho
Coq Ramsey
JW Mesut Alexis
Giroud

Think Woj's times up and expect Wenger to be ruthless. Would expect Woj to have started vs WBA if he was in for the final. Not sure if Wenger will be brave with the attacking 6. Either way I feel Theo and Santi could offer more coming off the bench compared to the full 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom