• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

This_is_The_Year

If we have a midfield 2 of Cazorla and Ramsey (who lacks discipline) who will prevent the inevitable counter attacks when they occur?

thats always a consideration with us and sakho, Payet + amalfitano are surely capable of causing trouble for Mertesacker and Monreal due to their pace on the counters.

its a case of give and take - I am confident we will dominate and since any counters will come from Amalfitano or Payet we have enough defensive strength to cover those two and Sakho.

and for the last few years - in our opening games its usually not defensively we struggle - its with the scoring ! (the villa game aside where the ref somehow chose to give them two penalties)

Last edited:

This_is_The_Year

Wait what is happening here. Are we going to rest players in the first game of the season?

not surprised you refuse to read - no I merely stated that for this game I would prefer a CM combo of Ramsey + Cazorla Rather than Le coq and Cazorla.

most people here apparently think Ramsey will be utter **** in every and all defensive aspect of the game and West Ham will crush us if he plays with Cazorla.

I guess thats fair - I simply think our attack would improve a lot more vs this West Ham team with a Ramsey - Cazorla cm combo than our defense needs Le coq for this specific match.

its a case of putting out the strongest team - not necessarily the most defensive one. had Wilshere been ready I would have liked for him to take the same role he plays for England in this game.

Regarding Le coq who has never played anything close to a full season before - yes I think he should be held back a little whenever we can - he is vital for any title hope we got - he isnt vital at all in this game vs West Ham and for me - as already stated, I think our team is stronger in this specific game with Ramsey in it over le coq.

I also much prefer Walcott as striker - yet for this game Giroud is clearly the better choice as cf - as will be the case in most of our homegames.

Last edited:

Gervais

Established Member
Good time for us to play West Ham - can see them doing very well as the season goes on.

Cech
Bellerin - Mert - Kos - Nacho
Coquelin --- Ramsey
Walcott ---- Özil ---- Chambo
Giroud​

This_is_The_Year

Resting players...**** me. You do get some giggles on this forum. Only, and I mean only, Arsenal fans would even hint at that.

one last time - its not about rest - its a case of putting out the strongest team. anyway, we would win with flamini, arteta, ramsey or le coq so it dosnt really matter.

personally I would still like to see the Cazorla-Ramsey combo rather than Cazorla Le coq since I think its our strongest option in this specific game.

if Wilshere was fit I would have wanted him to play the DLP role since this is the perfect game for it.

giggle all you want - but please try to understand why you are giggling.

during the cause of the season we are going to need a viable option for our central midfield if le coq is injured or fatigued - the easier homegames is exactly where Ramsey and wilshere should partner Cazorla - in some cases because they would actually be our strongest option in a specific game where we dont expect anything but a few counters from the oppo.

if West Ham gets anything more than 3 shots on target I will be amazed

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Coquelin comes into the team. Becomes a revelation and stabilises our defence massively. Adds the necessary bite and defensive discipline we've been crying out for for years.

First game of the new season- Lets play Cazorla at DM

Unbelievable scenes.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lineup

Cech
Debuchy - Merts - Kos - Gibbs
Ramsey - Coquelin
Ox - Özil - Theo
Giroud

I think Cazorla is essential too our team, but playing Ramsey, Coquelin and Cazorla I think throws off our balance, unless one of them plays on the wing. Yet opting for Ramsey or Cazorla to play on the wing instead of one of Ox or Theo doesn't make any sense.

We should batter West Ham with speed on the flanks, and then bring in Cazorla in the second half.

Defensively, I wasn't impressed with Bellerin or Monreal against Chelsea, so I'd start Debuchy and Gibbs for this one.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Lineup

Cech
Debuchy - Merts - Kos - Gibbs
Ramsey - Coquelin
Ox - Özil - Theo
Giroud

I think Cazorla is essential too our team, but playing Ramsey, Coquelin and Cazorla I think throws off our balance, unless one of them plays on the wing. Yet opting for Ramsey or Cazorla to play on the wing instead of one of Ox or Theo doesn't make any sense.

We should batter West Ham with speed on the flanks, and then bring in Cazorla in the second half.

Defensively, I wasn't impressed with Bellerin or Monreal against Chelsea, so I'd start Debuchy and Gibbs for this one.

Def. thought Bellerin was a little shaky but think Monreal is our undisputed No.1

Like the team-the Cazorla conundrum concerns me as he's almost too good to be left out. He is an x-factor player who LOVES to score against the Hammers.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Wenger has made his bed now he's going to lie in it.

It's clear we need a back up. Arteta was a good player, now isn't quite up to scratch but what can we do.

That aside I can't remember seeing us in better shape going into a season for a long time. We'll win this by two or more, Theo first goal.

Bould14

We win this 2-0. West Ham is going to have a good season but looking suspect in Europa play at the moment.

arshy9

Established Member
Depending on how West Ham's midfield will be I reckon this will be the 11st eleven
-----------Cech----------
------Bellerin-----Mertesacker-----Koscielny-------Monreal
--Coquelin-----Cazorla/Ramsey
--------Oxlade-Chamberlain ------Özil--------------Cazorla/Ramsey
-------------------Walcott------------
So basically the same team vs Chelsea with the potential of a tweak in terms of positioning.
Perhaps Giroud might start because of physicality? Not necessarily so as we saw two days ago.
There may be competition in terms of positions ,however those who haven't had much of a wrong foot get the benefit of the doubt.
A strong start is vital ,even more so at the Emirates.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Cazorla-Ramsey combo will have a part to play this season but it being the first game of the season I'd much prefer the security of Coq.

Iceman10

Established Member
So nice not to have to deal with the CL Quali (inc. travel) this time around, makes so much difference with overall mentality and freshness at the start of the season. Should ideally be Coq/Ramsey pivot in CM; if Cazorla starts, should be LWF.

DanishDoc

Hope for:
Cech
Bellerin Kos Per Monreal
Santi Coq
Ox Özil Walcott
Giroud

Expect
Cech
Bellerin Kos Per Monreal
Santi Coq
Ox Özil Ramsey
Walcott

As long as we get a victory I don't give a ****...
And... Where will Wilshere play when he gets fit??

And oh yeah, expect Oxlade to score again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom