• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now back to me

Only one change from the weekend, Walcott out, Giroud in. Not only does he have a great record vs West Ham, he is also a much better striker than Walcott. The Ramsey-Özil-Giroud partnership is the best thing about our attack and is key if we are going to do anything big this year.

For the first time in ages, Walcott isn't really needed, there is pace in the side now. I'm amazed at the contract offered, I'd rather have Welbeck upfront. On the right, Chamberlain looks to be coming along nicely.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I cant decide on my team for this one.
Would go with Santi, Coquelin, Özil and Ramsey in midfield, but I am stuck on attack. Usually would say Giroud and Walcott, but Ox deserves a start

Good times, off to watch Chelsea game again ;)

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Don't forget we've just came out of difficult pre season games not least the psychological and physical battle with Chelsea.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're not quite 100% yet. Let's just win these next 5 games, keep it tight at the back, then go from there.

Linson

I'm really not a fan of the Ramsey on the wing, I really do feel his, and Wilshere's, best position is central midfield.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
My only doubt is Ox or Theo.
Giroud up front, Özil in behind. Santi and Coq in the middle. Ramsey one side, Ox/Theo other

Hegemony

It would be a mistake to take the opposition lightly; it's the first game of the season, let's not risk it with unnecessary resting. We should be able to bamboozle West Ham's defence with our attack; using our nice 1-2s and tempo-changing ect ect. Hopefully we can run rings round Reid and Ogbonna.
I would line up the same we did against Chelsea. Right mentality to go into the first game of the season with your best possible XI, I reckon West Ham will be tough opposition.
Oh, and Ox, if you're reading, would love to see one like this again...
tumblr_nsgmfoDGWE1tiw2hro2_400.gif

Let's smash em!!!

dbig

Would go with this. Maybe a bit light defensively, but I'm hoping we can smash a couple past them by half-time.

Cech
Deb-Mert-Kos-Mon
Coq-Ram
Ox-Oz-Caz
Giroud

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Agree with @fabo
West Ham getting spanked. Have had some tough europa games. Injuries and we always seem to turn up against them. Hate the sunday start though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not expecting us to batter them, hitting the ground running is a rare thing although this team is incredibly settled, rested and in good form.

I think a one or two goal victory is what we'll get.

On a side note the season seems to be starting earlier every single year!

blaze_of_glory

Gonna miss the game as I'm away all weekend. Bad timing but can't be helped.

Any type of win will do, just get those first 3 points on the board.

BigDane

My only doubt is Ox or Theo.
Giroud up front, Özil in behind. Santi and Coq in the middle. Ramsey one side, Ox/Theo other

Agree with you completely. Can't leave out Cazorla in our current state, he is unmatched in transition from defense to midfield. Ramsey has to be on the team sheet too.

It's up in the air for me - can't wait to see what the gaffer chooses, will tell us a lot about the CF situation with Theo/Giroud plus how much of a chance Ox will be given this season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I expect they will be sharper than us due to European games, but what a bad luck for them to have injuries even before season starts.

They have a new manager in Bilic who is a bit unknown. We had a difficult time against him vs. Besiktas so who knows how we'll fare vs. them

Cazorla will be back to CM along with Coquelin
The only dilemma I see is who will play on RW. It's either Walcott or Ramsey (d'oh)

Giroud should start

Cech​
Bellerin --- Mertesacker --- Koscielny --- Monreal
Coquelin --- Cazorla​
Ramsey (Walcott) --- Özil --- Chamberlain
Giroud​

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I expect they will be sharper than us due to European games, but what a bad luck for them to have injuries even before season starts.

They have a new manager in Bilic who is a bit unknown. We had a difficult time against him vs. Besiktas so who knows how we'll fare vs. them

Cazorla will be back to CM along with Coquelin
The only dilemma I see is who will play on RW. It's either Walcott or Ramsey (d'oh)

Giroud should start

Cech​
Bellerin --- Mertesacker --- Koscielny --- Monreal
Coquelin --- Cazorla​
Ramsey (Walcott) --- Özil --- Chamberlain
Giroud​

I hope so. Why change something that clearly works?

I also think Walcott/Ox are more effective RWs than Ramsey. Ramsey is a great player but his position is where Cazorla is and it should be one or the other, not both. Wenger needs to stop trying to squeeze them both in the same team along with Özil. Reminds me of when Barca tried to get Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta in the same team (and our guys aren't quite at the level of those 3). You just end up stifling your attacking potency for the sake of some extra possession.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We're ready for this-the team will come flying out of the traps.

I think Santi's back in the middle for this one and Ramsey (groan) will be out wide again.

I think Theo may well start again but lets see-Wenger's going to give him an extended opportunity to prove himself in the ST position imo. Thing is West Ham will sit deep, so maybe Giroud might start.....I don't know really!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom