• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bwoy.

Unfortunately we always seem to have that sort of performance in us. Consistency was the key word used by all-well, it's that sort of consistent ****e that we didn't expect.

That West Ham didn't have to do anything special to beat us was the extremely disappointing & to get shut out makes it hurt even more.

This team needs more character if it seriously wants to challenge for the big prizes. The players all need to take a serious look at themselves as this was a damning performance if I've ever seen one.

Arsenal have shown a consistent ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and have shown weakness at times in their ability to handle the pressure of expectation-this was Monaco all over again.

This is the steak thread now

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Wenger thinks that he can continue dismissing teams like this with playing midfielders on the wing then we'll never win the league with him again. The PL is getting stronger from this year on and even mid table teams are spending big on good players. Just like last year, I guarantee we will lose points vs Soton, Swansea, Stoke, Everton, & Leicester. Well you can add clubs like West Ham & CP to that list.

Buckle up boys, we'll see a similar situation against many other teams with the level of the competition raised after the TV money.

Chamberlain. This is the 3rd goal that I can remember we conceded after he lost the ball.

Cech could have done better with the 2 goals, but it wasn't entirely his fault. His defense was awful on the free kick for the first and left him in no mans land for the second.
The second goal is in fact entirely his fault. There is absolutely zero excuse for a world class keeper trying to cheat on a shot from 25 yards out with very little on it. An average keeper should't be doing that. A reserve keeper shouldn't do it. A pub league keeper shouldn't do it. A goalkeeper's job is to make saves. It's expected that players are going to make errors, that's where chances come from. If nobody ever made an error the ball would just swing around midfield for 90 minutes. Yes, Ox should have cleared but what followed was pathetic from Cech. No keeper should be guessing from 20+ yards.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wenger is simply too stubborn; he never learns. The times we played well last season was because Wenger was forced to play certain players because of injuries. Away at City without Mesut, the introduction of Coquelin, etc. With everyone available we just go death by playmaker.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Missed some of the game but wasn't impressed with Coq. Seemed to want to go foward a lot more and we were back to the same old Mertesacker + Kos alone at the back.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is precisely the time a manager needs to step in to ensure people are focused on the task at hand, to not get carried away. To ensure they are prepared to win the game from the offset.

Like I said in a previous post if Wenger could have sent out any team today without motivation and instructions what is the point of him being there. Because basically, and correct me if ive taken this wrong, you are implying we don't need a manager

How would you even come up to that conclusion with what I said . Did they come up with formation themselves ? They get instruction all week , videos on their opponents etc . I said come first match day you shouldn't have to have the coach to fire you up , especially in the position we are in , especially with the pre season we have had .You should be raring to go .
If anything the problem should have been having to reign them in from bombing forward all at once .

The both goals should have been avoided, but even then we had noone up front to score goal.

See this guys:

Giroud, Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Chamberlain, Coquelin.

Not a single one of them is a goal scorer.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The both goals should have been avoided, but even then we had noone up front to score goal.

See this guys:

Giroud, Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Chamberlain, Coquelin.

Not a single one of them is a goal scorer.
True, that's why we need to upgrade on Giroud, play Walcott on the wing and keep Ramsey in the team.

KAB

Conceded goals, no ability to score. Same old story line. Slow start of the season, lose about early 10 points and start picking up 2nd half of the season to finish 3rd. Same old story guys.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So we dominate the match but struggle with final ball, our opposition punish the only two defensive mistakes (from four players) and we are off to a slow start again.

I have to echo Phillipe Auclair thoughts that much of our success in the second half of last season came from the Coquelin and Cazorla partnership so why break it up?

Walcott has been great at the end of last season as CF so why drop him?

Giroud and Ramsey continue to be the most frustrating Arsenal players and no surprise they were both clearly the poorest players on the pitch again today. Neither Ramsey or Giroud should of start the next match.

Let's be honest if Ospina made the two errors Cech made he would have been slaughtered on here for it.

Although poor display, let's not jump the gun and write off our title challenging campaign FFS It's still just one match.

Last edited:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Are people seriously tipping west ham for relegation? Thought they were on for a decent season even before this game.

Apparently the fear of getting dragged into a relegation dogfight is why they threw the Europa League. Never saw it happening myself but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom