• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not just that they didn't have oppertunities to assist, our midfield failed to control the game. We should be passing that team off the pitch in theory.

That is were I have huge problem with this game. Because we don't work on defending strategies or attacking strategies because we never seem to have plan. So the only thing left is to work on passing. But our passing after whole pre-season to get it together, was a way off.

Anyway, I also felt our attack was not all that good in the second part of last season when Sanchez goals dried up a bit. I think our attack has been a huge problem for a while now.

Hopefully we will see something new next game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Tactics, formations.....yada yada.....Wenger will never win another league again. Or win a first European trophy.

Godwin1

Very well-known
That is were I have huge problem with this game. Because we don't work on defending strategies or attacking strategies because we never seem to have plan. So the only thing left is to work on passing. But our passing after whole pre-season to get it together, was a way off.

Anyway, I also felt our attack was not all that good in the second part of last season when Sanchez goals dried up a bit. I think our attack has been a huge problem for a while now.

Hopefully we will see something new next game.
Yeah it definatly has. Thing is if we aren't explosive with quick passes getting in behind we generally turn into Barca lite, passing it around the final third and wait for an oppertunity. We didn't even manage to do that effectivly.

And if we're going to play Giroud then we need people who are going to go past him and play off him. Ramsey didn't do that today and Cazorla is incappable of doing this from the wing.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Pretty much everything that needed to be said was already posted many times in this thread...

Perhaps the only thing I would add which wasn't mentioned much was Ox making a habit of giving away the ball in dangerous positions, he needs to work on that......still, he was our best player going forward so I can't be too harsh on him.

I just don't like this "we'll have to respond now and give our best" mentality at Arsenal anymore.

How about being prepared? We knew when this game was going down. We had good pre-season. Why were we not prepared?

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Its why he'll never be a midfielder. 9 times out of 10 Ox will dribble instead of looking for a pass, regardless of the situation.

didnelps

The game today pretty much sums up why we won't win the league with Wenger. A world class striker wouldn't be enough for this game, there is no confidence or winning culture on the field.

FreeGlennHelder

No matter how many times I watch the second goal, something just doesn't make sense about it. Cech moves the wrong way as soon as it is hit.....someone run me through what the hell happened.

David Smith

Established Member
We had more possession, more attempts and more attempts on goal, lost 2-0.
Title winners can lose such games and play worse too. Seen it loads of times before. At least we got our disappointment early. We have plenty of time to rectify it.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Title winners can lose such games and play worse too. Seen it loads of times before. At least we got our disappointment early. We have plenty of time to rectify it.

To be honest that is what pisses me off the most, we have a lot of possession and attempts - but can't score.
It really upsets me, we are an offensive team, we have to score. How can it be we are not able to get a goal against a team like that?
It happens so often, i just can not understand it.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Show me an example of when a Title winner lost their first game of the season (at home to a mid-table side too).

We only started to have more attempts around the 80th minute mark. It took us that long to trouble their keeper. That's forever a recurring theme with us.

We have plenty of time to rectify it, but it gives us a smaller margin for error from now on. Our team really shouldn't have needed a wake-up call first game of the season. But it's a habit we love to get into. If we bounce back against Palace, i'd back us to go on a nice winning streak. But our next game is so important now.

David Smith

Established Member
Show me an example of when a Title winner lost their first game of the season (at home to a mid-table side too).

We only started to have more attempts around the 80th minute mark. It took us that long to trouble their keeper. That's forever a recurring theme with us.

We have plenty of time to rectify it, but it gives us a smaller margin for error from now on. Our team really shouldn't have needed a wake-up call first game of the season. But it's a habit we love to get into. If we bounce back against Palace, i'd back us to go on a nice winning streak. But our next game is so important now.

Manu lost their first game of the season in 2012-2013, won the title. They were away against Everton but that shouldn't really make much of a difference. West Ham were very good today. They will knock points off other top teams if they play the same way, but that's a big if, I feel as though they prepared for this fixture for a long time coming whereas we had our focus on the community shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom