• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Show me an example of when a Title winner lost their first game of the season (at home to a mid-table side too).

We only started to have more attempts around the 80th minute mark. It took us that long to trouble their keeper. That's forever a recurring theme with us.

We have plenty of time to rectify it, but it gives us a smaller margin for error from now on. Our team really shouldn't have needed a wake-up call first game of the season. But it's a habit we love to get into. If we bounce back against Palace, i'd back us to go on a nice winning streak. But our next game is so important now.

Can't hear that anymore. Every game is very important, there are no less important games in a league competition

Nyctophobia

Established Member
No matter how many times I watch the second goal, something just doesn't make sense about it. Cech moves the wrong way as soon as it is hit.....someone run me through what the hell happened.

Cech had all his weight on his left leg for some reason, I guess he expected it to go the other way or didn't expect a shot at all, but when it came he couldn't re-adjust quick enough save it, to be honest it was poor defending from the team not pressing Zarate and Per right there should have tried to get in front of the shot instead going for a casual stroll.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Can't hear that anymore. Every game is very important, there are no less important games in a league competition
Not sure i completely agree with that. The game after a loss (especially first game of the season) is more important than for e.g. the game after your 4th successive win in the middle of the season.

Every game is important but i do believe some matter more than others, depending on the situation you are in at the time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All the game are important but we will lose some games that for sure. but we just cant lose against midtable side at home is unforgivable.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haven't even seen a reply of their second goal, turned over when I saw Cech crawling along trying to stop it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Haven't even seen a reply of their second goal, turned over when I saw Cech crawling along trying to stop it.

It looks awful, like he didn't even try, but Souness is saying he was wrong footed.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
^^We actually had Ox at RB during the last minutes of the game, to fit Theo and Alexis in
Which was completely mental. You don't take the one player who looks like doing anything for you on the day going forward and put him in a completely foreign role at right back. Giroud had done nothing to that point that justified him remaining on the pitch. He wasn't winning anything in the air, wasn't holding up play and gave it away virtually every time he got the ball. Let Theo play up front with Ox and Alexis flanking him and see if Özil and Cazorla couldn't pick out a run or 2. He should have taken off Ramsey and Giroud, not Coq and Debuchy. He made a real hash of what was already an awful mess. It was like watching the Monaco match again except with even worse goalkeeping and even less inspiring general play. There's no excuse from the players perspective or the managers for what transpired today.

chessygoal

lmao Manu with their makeshift defence were **** and only masked by sp*rs being more ****.

Liverpool are well, Liverpool
I meant stronger than last season... We really tend to underestimate every teams on this forum. Without a new Striker, I don't see how we can be considered stronger than the rest of our competitors for a top 4 spot.
I truly believe that we can challenge for the title, but we'll need to be lucky and quickly put that loss behind us.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We saw the pre-Sanchez team today. Not enough hunger, not enough fight. Lots of technique, pretty one twos and layoffs but not quite enough of the intangibles. Yes, a better striker would be great, Bellerin's attacking would have been nice, etc, but whilst the first goal was comical in our setup, the second was criminal because of our lack of effort. This is why I like the premiership above all other leagues. You don't bring it, you don't win it, no matter how gifted your players are. Put them all in a room and let Sanchez at them!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Watching MOTD, that first goal was soo poor by Cech. Dammit.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Giroud has been scuffing a huge amount of shots recently as well.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
We saw the pre-Sanchez team today. Not enough hunger, not enough fight. Lots of technique, pretty one twos and layoffs but not quite enough of the intangibles. Yes, a better striker would be great, Bellerin's attacking would have been nice, etc, but whilst the first goal was comical in our setup, the second was criminal because of our lack of effort. This is why I like the premiership above all other leagues. You don't bring it, you don't win it, no matter how gifted your players are. Put them all in a room and let Sanchez at them!

Imo you are spot on. We lack real fighters, aggressive ones.
I just have to think about Van Bommel now, imagine him in our team today, he would have kicked everyones ass.

onetowatch

Only just watched the match having avoided the result manically all day.

Talk about killing your hopes in one sweep. At least we didn't have to wait til Feb/March to find out what we all know deep down, that this team and manager are a bunch of bottlers and will not be winning the PL or CL.

How ****ing deflating.

Proof

Established Member
I'm giving all our players a pass for this performance. It would be unfair to single someone out because all of them were ****ing awful.

At one point we had Ramsey, Özil, Cazorla, Chamberlain, Giroud, Walcott and Alexis on the pitch and we were unable to score a damn goal at home against West Ham! All Wenger's attacking weapons looked depressed and disjointed. The lack of urgency we displayed at the 2nd goal was horrific.

Then you have one of the best GKs in the world in Petr Cech and he makes an error which leads to a West Ham's 1st goal.

Mertesacker and Koscielny looked like this was the first time the played together. Debuchy and Monreal were ineffectual.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not gonna lie, I've been worried about Ramsey for a while now. When he does his job he's a top CM but he's been going for glory - at our expense - for a while now.

I was worried when I only saw one natural winger in our line up. It's usually 50/50 when that happens...scrape a win or lose toothlessly.

Can't draw conclusions off of one game but what if Coq drops down a level? Unreal decision from Wenger not to sign a DM.

Apparently Cech's error in judging when to rush off his line is actually his one weakness. Make of that what you will..

gstew

There is no crisis. Gutted by the loss, but it might have done us some good.

I am really looking forward to see how we play next week. A reminder that title winners bring intensity every game was probably required considering what we saw today. Not seeing what happens behind closed doors, none of us can really know if the problem was Wenger not motivating the players/squad or the players/squad taking our dominance for granted. My belief is that it was more the latter than the former. There was so much feel-good among players, coaches, fans that maybe it took way that edge that is the difference between preseason and the season.

Sanchez looked awful and he was still very dangerous. What I really liked was Wenger's willingness to bring on attackers so early in the game. His usual formula would have really ticked me off.

For those who believe all is lost, I think you will have a big surprise coming. In the end, every point is crucial, but IMHO we will only have a single rival this season. So after round one it is Chelseas 1 and Arsenal 0. On to round two.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Liked that mesut fighted during the game today, ran the pitch back to harass the runner, and screamed at the team. Feels like his kind of angry shouts at the team doesn't inspire though. Doesn't have that capitan aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom