• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Set up nicely this game is now. Liverpool with 2 wins so far... Just. And we're finally up and running. Obviously hoping for a similar performance to this fixture from last season; I just really want to put them in their place! You can't judge players or teams on 1 game but watching Liverpool and all their new signings, they are a pretty average team in my opinion. Boy do I hope we show up and win!

Balance is key

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Lovren Moreno
------Milner Henderson
Firmino Coutinho Lallana
-----------Benteke

they do have a pretty potent attack - and if our fullbacks are in attack mode we could be in trouble, also we need Ramsey to put in a defensive shift for once.

neither will happen and we could be in a lot of trouble if they play the counters.

Their defense is pretty damn slow though - walcott should really start this, he would have a field day vs Moreno and Lovren

-----------------Cech
Debuchy-- Mert--Koscielny--Monreal
-----------Cazorla---Le Coq
Walcott-------Özil-----------Sanchez
----------------Giroud

what we will see

-------------Cech
--------Mert----Koscielny
--------------Le coq
Bellerin--Cazorla-------Monreal
-------------Özil
---------------Giroud--Sanchez
-----------Ramsey

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Be a different game to last year, where everything just seemed to fall for us. Then again they’ve lost the one player that I always felt could do us some damage. I think Coquelin should be able to nullify Countiho. Mertesacker and Kos shouldn’t have to much trouble against Benteke, takes more than pure power to get the better of them.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Liverpool have won their first two games, but I can't say they've impressed me much.
I think Liverpool still needs some time to settle, while we've pretty much an unchanged side, except for Cech at the back.

A win should be possible, but I can see a draw here as our home form hasn't been great in the League recently.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's still early season and Liverpool are no mugs. They learned their lesson after the 4-1 spanking. I assume they will have a similar strategy to Hammers, in playing a narrow formation and congesting their midfield, so trying to hit us on counter with Ibe and Benteke being fed passes from Coutinho. Henderson will man mark Özil and Milner on Cazorla

One of Ox or Theo needs to definitely start instead of Ramsey at RW.

I'm hoping for

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Cazorla - Coquelin
Theo - Özil - Alexis
Giroud​

A nervy 2-1 to Arsenal

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's still early season and Liverpool are no mugs. They learned their lesson after the 4-1 spanking. I assume they will have a similar strategy to Hammers, in playing a narrow formation and congesting their midfield, so trying to hit us on counter with Ibe and Benteke being fed passes from Coutinho. Henderson will man mark Özil and Milner on Cazorla

One of Ox or Theo needs to definitely start instead of Ramsey at RW.

I'm hoping for

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Cazorla - Coquelin
Theo - Özil - Alexis
Giroud​

A nervy 2-1 to Arsenal

I'll second that emotion.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like it when this forum is nervous, the players seem to surprise everyone when that happens and blow there opponents away.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We really had the jump on them and smashed them . I would be surprised if they go long ball this time round . Good thing about our defence is that they have learnt to adjust deeper or higher depending on how the midfield is doing .

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I think the likeliest outcome is that we might draw this, though I'm keeping my hopes up for a win. We do need to win this one at home if only for morale's sake.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Giroud up against Lovren will be funny, he'll dominate him and with Skrtel's antics on set-pieces I fancy us to get a pen or two.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope on both fronts @celestis

I watched the pool match last night and think they have another gear in them though I think we have another two in us.

Hoping for the best but nervous.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Let's not forget the promo BT made shaming our defeat a couple of years ago, only for Arsenal fans counter with this. ;)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Pretty bullish about this game , I think Rambo is going to explode soon if not this game , somewhere in the next few . Also can't shake the feeling this could be Özil's season .

I certainly hope so.

africe

Are they still doing their Brendalona tiki-taka? We pressed them incredibly well last year in this fixture, hoping for a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom