• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Hard to predict how they'll lineup with all their new players and a week to go, so they may get injuries, but the following seems likely:

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Lovren Moreno
Milner Henderson
Firmino Coutinho Lallana
Benteke
After last season I think they'll sit deep and try and get us on the counter.
Yup

We'll be compact, and when we have the ball we'll attack in numbers with Firmino/Coutinho/Lallana and even Milner [to an extent Milner].

Feeling confident. 1-0 win, Coutinho stunner from a Benteke knock down.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure Firmino will start. He's still very very new, starting him against Arsenal might be a tough test.

hieuving85

Hope Giroud start, I'm not a big fan of Walcott playing upfront. The key thing is Cazorla in the middle and Özil at no 10. Ramsey out wide is good for me.

GOONER1991

Established Member
We need to press that defence, and take our chances when they come.

Ibe is a nice player, but he's no Sterling as of yet. I expect Coutinho to manovre some room now and then, but in general I expect Coquelin to deal with him well. When he does get on the turn, the fullbacks need to beware the diagonal run - a la Markovic's chance.

Benteke is the type of player I would dread once upon a time, however I expect our CBs to deal with him. Oddly, Cech is my biggest worry. He's not looked sharp so far this season, and Coutinho has a wonder goal in him.

Henderson's out? I really want to see some great movement from the front players. We should be winning this. Comfortably. However with Arsenal, you never know what to expect.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Banker home win. Can't wait to put these ***** back in their place.

Benteke can't play on the break, that tactic won't work. This game will suit us as Liverpool want to play football.

ScotVieira

Established Member

Let's not forget the promo BT made shaming our defeat a couple of years ago, only for Arsenal fans counter with this. ;)
That useless advert was what made me cancel my BT contract... never gonna boost finances of those who think it right to mock the team I support.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We need to press that defence, and take our chances when they come.

Ibe is a nice player, but he's no Sterling as of yet. I expect Coutinho to manovre some room now and then, but in general I expect Coquelin to deal with him well. When he does get on the turn, the fullbacks need to beware the diagonal run - a la Markovic's chance.

Benteke is the type of player I would dread once upon a time, however I expect our CBs to deal with him. Oddly, Cech is my biggest worry. He's not looked sharp so far this season, and Coutinho has a wonder goal in him.

Henderson's out? I really want to see some great movement from the front players. We should be winning this. Comfortably. However with Arsenal, you never know what to expect.
Yep, go with the same tactics as the game last season. Press them high up the pitch. High intensity for the first 15 minutes. Don't let them rest.

Lovren has looked shaky as hell. Gomez is a still largely untested and will get a big surprise next Monday. We need to put them under serious pressure. I suppose at least now they can beat the press by hoofing it up to Benteke, who will probably win at least 50% of his duels. Just gotta make sure when it drops to fraudinho, Coquelin is ready to snap him in half.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Wouldnt be surprised if we start this one like this;

..........alexis
Ramsey.......theo/ox
...........Özil
...santi.......coquelin

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't know why but I'm nervous about this game. One good thing Liverpool did this summer was balance out the squad. Balanced squads get results. Doesn't mean they can win against us and most likely that we'll win and hope so but I don't know why I'm not totally confident. If they play a Christmas tree, which they could,we might have a hard time.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well that is certainly a big plus

for Liverpool
wRQaDNY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom