• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Absolutely need someone who can break down defences and score, it's so obvious now... Should be starting Ox I think at least. Actually can't believe we kept a clean sheet as well with our 2 main CB's out injured! Cech was immense, those saves were unreal... Coquelin and Gabriel both had good games too. Other than that, so poor, really really disappointed. Liverpool did well in the first half but we were so bad, we are our on worst enemy at the moment.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It still seems like we have a problem when teams pack their defence and we just hover around the box. We need to shoot, and it's sad that it took the Ox especially to show that. You keep shooting around a parked defence and deflections and other good things happen. We can't keep looking for the perfect goal.
Frank Lampard made a career from it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Okay more gems from our dear Owen.

On Cech's save from Coutinho
"Every goalkeeper practices that during training. It was nothing special. I thought Mignolet's save from Giroud was better."

On the result
"It was a deserved goalless draw from both sides. Obviously Arsenal came into the game in the second half but you always thought Liverpool had them in control the entire 90 minutes and probably should have been out of sight by half time."

SteveEvets

When we are defending games I understand bringing on a full back, we saw it tonight when Liverpool brought on your wee man, they broke cause he was quick and fresh but it also helps he can defend. Gibbs offers us that, great.

When chasing I don't understand why we don't goto 442. Bringing Theo on when there is no space is pointless, keep Giroud on and play Alexis alongside him. Put Theo and the Ox wide for pace, width and goals. Play Ramsey as box to box alongside Coquelin holding. When chasing you need that presence for crosses for putting it into the box and playing.

That requires Wenger choosing between Cazorla and Ramsey, something he's incapable of.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Well todays not been great, Benzema more or less confirmed he's staying at Madrid and we drew 0-0 to Liverpool :/

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
That first half was brilliant and the second half wasn't so great. Probably the reverse for you guys. Well done. 1-1

Coutinho and Özil were fire.

infineon

Established Member
Thought Ramsey had a much better game, for what it's worth
I think a lot of the players played OK individually but collectively it was a bit of a mess. No shape, no structure, just flashes of individual brilliance and occasionally a nice bit of intricate passing. We rely too much on playing perfect football.

blaze_of_glory

How have we not scored ffs. That's what a world class keeper does for you, keeps you in games where the pressure is super high.

Without Cech it would be 3-0. I told you we'd run them ragged. If the 2nd half is the same, we're going to win...

Chambers should be playing for Bournemouth.
Second half was a bit different, eh? You guys got out very lucky today in the end.

Stillmatic

This. Walcott was on his own against the entire Liverpool back line whilst everyone else was playing pinball football outside the box. We needed two bodies in there, incisive passing and if that meant sacrificing one of our starlets, so be it.

You're right. It's like when we played with Giroud & Sanogo upfront in the FA Cup Semi-final and final against Hull City. Both times it changed the game and got us the wins.

Botton line is that team selection and subs have always been Wenger's weak link...

SteveEvets

The same attack beat them with Sterling and Gerrard in their side 4-1 last season.

And as I and others ahve said, literally since the post match of that game, that set up is fundamentally flawed and requires perfect performances from everyone to work.

The statistics don't lie, we've been woeful attacking wise since that supposed watershed match against Liverpool, any team with competent defenders and tactics can shut us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom