• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
its our model, players have space to express themselfs.
what you just describe it is the backfire of our unique brand of football.

Funny enough, when we made use of the spaces efficiently, we swept all before us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's the first point Cech has earned us, he's at -2 now!
So if it wasn't for Cech we'd have no points at home?

There is a saying a attackers win matches defences win leagues.

Cech ultimately stopped us from a bit of a brushing in the first half. Showed his pedigree.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Taking off Giroud was ****ing stupid. I lost count of how many times he did this to no effect at all. I don't get how you can take a risk to sub off your defensive mid when he just did a straight striker swap and kept the same number of bodies in the box. Doesn't make sense, adds vulnerability while adding nothing to the attack.

Giroud was our focal point throughout the match and was getting the better of their defenders, then we did that stupid ****. I'd rather he sub Coquelin off for Walcott, Ramsey off for Ox and have 2 bodies in the box ready for crosses.

Banks

Gabriel was shaky in the first half But grew into the game and I say we have a solid player on our hands and he would compliment Kos when pair together and he reads the game pretty good and he was called up to the national team. He is one of the positives in tonight's game

SteveEvets

We need to recycle the ball quicker left to right and tease defenders out. Slow build up is so hard to break down at this level. Doesn't matter if you have Giroud or Pele up top if the defenders (2 or 3 often) can stand him up and he receives the ball in a 2 foot radius it will be predictable. Would only work if someone like Sanchez was in touching distance of him most of the time.

How can this happen if when Özil, Cazorla or Ramsey get the ball and look out wide, the only person standing there is the linesman?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why? Cazorla was clearly by far our worst midfielder, he should be getting dropped. Özil has so far started the season better than Cazorla as well. Cazorla or Ramsey are the one unbalancing the formation, one of them should get dropped.

Agree Özil has been our best mid , head and shoulders . The rest haven't been able to string 3 passes together .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Strange for me today that I almost completely agree with @fabo LOL

Especially about the midfield. It really needs work, although Coquelin defensively was excellent. Özil's been the best of the midfielders though, and that's saying something.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
cazorla make us click, Özil is a luxury.
He makes us click when on form, clearly not today and not so far this season. When on form Ramsey is our best player, and Özil our most talented player. Both of them are much younger as well. It's obvious which one should get dropped out of the three.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Btw did I have a stroke at half time and imagine the second half!? The way the sky lot are talking we scraped a nil-nil.

We had them bent over a table in the second half, we should have hit them for 3 or 4. Cannot stand Sky, giving sloppy blowies to Mourinho, Utd and Pool any chance they get.

EricCartman

I'm telling you guys, play those balls in from the left hand side that Giroud got a couple of times to a Cavani, Suarez, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo, Diego Costa, Aguero or Lewa, etc and it's 1-0/2-0.

Frustrating as hell, but I still like Giroud. He is the type of guy to do well when you give him good balls in, he has excellent technique to put it away with a one touch finish. But to win the Prem, you need a guy who not only does well when provided by good balls in, but by scrappy balls too, someone who can turn a scrappy, bad pass into a goalscoring opportunity.

So it's either a CF by next week or a 3rd/4th place finish unfortunately in my book.

And Sanchez and Cech along with Gabriel were amazing. Özil was good too. Sanchez' mindset is really fantastic, it's what sets him apart. He's the type of player who has that good aggression in him when he loses a ball to go chase back and slide in to win it back. Fantastic stuff.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Managerial decisions for me were just awful. Sometimes I wonder how a man who lived football his whole life can see thing so different than the rest of us.

Ramsey on the wing, not playing Ox, making subs on the 70th minute mark, and so many more...

Most famous definition of insanity says its repeating the same things all over again expecting different outcome.

My word I cant take this anymore...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That first half was brilliant and the second half wasn't so great. Probably the reverse for you guys. Well done. 1-1

Coutinho and Özil were fire.

Rodgers executed his game plan well.

We'll see you at Anfield, we want our points back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom