• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Haha, cinema over FA Cup final? That's poor from you lad! Even at 13. We're FA cup kings now though, maybe you missing it was the catalyst.

Tbf I think I went because my crush was going, also it may have been Batman so it's kind of ok.

Still the pain of watching two Carling cup finals, a CL final and countless drubbings off Utd and Drogba make up for it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Neville's played a brilliant long game tbf. Spent one or two years saying insightful stuff and offering reasonable opinions, just so he could establish a reputation that would overshadow his eventual and long-planned return to Manu U **** riding.

Man's like Scar in Lion King.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Same old same old, very disappointing. Can't win the prem with this squad, but Wenger is so stubborn and won't add what we need, so another deja vu season coming.........

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Tbf I think I went because my crush was going, also it may have been Batman so it's kind of ok.

Still the pain of watching two Carling cup finals, a CL final and countless drubbings off Utd and Drogba make up for it.
You at least get some, brah?

Crew

Good game from Coq. Saved the back four a few times and kept showing his passing range. 2nd best after Cech.

blaze_of_glory

As I've mentioned before: when Cazorla is bad he's really bad.
I think it's that when he's off his game, his mistakes are very noticeable. His game is all about close control in tight places and when he's not playing well it generally means he's turning the ball over.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it's that when he's off his game, his mistakes are very noticeable. His game is all about close control in tight places and when he's not playing well it generally means he's turning the ball over.
Yeh. I still stand by my unpopular opinion that we should have sold him this summer while his value was at a maximum.

Yes we have injuries but he's our second best option in every position he plays. If our budget was really as tight as everyone was saying then we should have sold him and reinvested the money in a proper central midfield partner for Ramsey.

I think @Rex Banner mentioned about how his goal threat from open play has completely vanished as well. He looks very neat and is a great player to watch on his day but what does he really offer us that others can't?

Last edited:

TheCourier

I think it's that when he's off his game, his mistakes are very noticeable. His game is all about close control in tight places and when he's not playing well it generally means he's turning the ball nover.

Which unfortunately means the centre of the park which immediately puts us under fire. I really don't know what we would have done if coq had really injured himself with that goal saving tackle he did on bent eke in the first half

blaze_of_glory

Yeh. I still stand by my unpopular opinion that we should have sold him this summer while his value was at a maximum.

Yes we have injuries but he's our second best option in ever position we play. If our budget was really as tight as everyone was saying then we should have sold him and reinvested the money in a proper central midfield partner for Ramsey.

I think @Rex Banner mentioned about how his goal threat from open play has completely vanished as well. He looks very neat and is a great player to watch on his day but what does he really offer us that others can't?
I know you're exaggerating, but I think this point is exactly why Wenger re-signed him. He can do a good job in so many positions and his game is all technique so he should not lose too much. And at this point Wenger seems to to think he's the best option to partner Coquelin, for whatever reason. And Coq has been too good to drop.

As for his goal threat, I think that's mostly down to playing a deeper role.

That said, I definitely agree we should get someone to play next to Ramsey so we can have that as an option. Arteta is going to get hurt again and likely has declined more since we last saw him regularly.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yes you'd expect the goals for Cazorla to dry up in a deeper role but the times he gets himself into good goal scoring opportunities outside the box he hits it in to Row Z - a man with his ability on both feet should AT LEAST be hitting the target. It's at the point now where I cringe if he's going to take a shot, you know it's going to be skied.

I'm at the point now where my excitement for the match is down to the team sheet? How ****ed is that? Seeing Ramsey on the wing again would almost have me not tuning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom