• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Yes you'd expect the goals for Cazorla to dry up in a deeper role but the times he gets himself into good goal scoring opportunities outside the box he hits it in to Row Z - a man with his ability on both feet should AT LEAST be hitting the target. It's at the point now where I cringe if he's going to take a shot, you know it's going to be skied.

I'm at the point now where my excitement for the match is down to the team sheet? How ****ed is that? Seeing Ramsey on the wing again would almost have me not tuning in.
And yet, he scored a legitimate goal and was a constant thorn in their side-he played well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I know you're exaggerating, but I think this point is exactly why Wenger re-signed him. He can do a good job in so many positions and his game is all technique so he should not lose too much. And at this point Wenger seems to to think he's the best option to partner Coquelin, for whatever reason. And Coq has been too good to drop.

As for his goal threat, I think that's mostly down to playing a deeper role.

That said, I definitely agree we should get someone to play next to Ramsey so we can have that as an option. Arteta is going to get hurt again.
I would be all for keeping him tbh, my main logic for selling him is because of Wenger's inability to drop him. At some point he'll start to affect Wilshere and Ramsey's development.

You could argue that he's affecting Ramsey's development right now by playing in his CM role. Like you said, Wenger doesn't see Ramsey and Coq as a viable midfield. We could have sold Cazorla and used the funds to buy a partner for Ramsey. That way we have our best CM in his preferred position and our depth isn't harmed too much.

This is all assuming we are operating under a strict budget. In an ideal world we would just sign a midfield partner for Ramsey and then keep Cazorla as a quality rotation option.

blaze_of_glory

I would be all for keeping him tbh, my main logic for selling him is because of Wenger's inability to drop him. At some point he'll start to affect Wilshere and Ramsey's development.

You could argue that he's affecting Ramsey's development right now by playing in his CM role. Like you said, Wenger doesn't see Ramsey and Coq as a viable midfield. We could have sold Cazorla and used the funds to buy a partner for Ramsey. That way we have our best CM in his preferred position and our depth isn't harmed too much.

This is all assuming we are operating under a strict budget. In an ideal world we would just sign a midfield partner for Ramsey and then keep Cazorla as a quality rotation option.
Yeah a CM who can play with Ramsey like Arteta did two years ago is what I want as well. Then we would have two separate midfield pairings that we know can work.

burnsjed

Established Member
My observations from today's game were as follows.

Cech had the sort of performance we have been waiting a long time for, long may it continue.

Our defending at times was woeful, especially from Chambers, positioning he looked lost and gave the ball away far too often. Though in the first half we were terribly guilty of giving away possession in their final third way too frequently.

Chambers is probably going to get a pass given he hasn’t played centrally for a very long time, but he really should have cut that out of his game way earlier.

We were lacking cutting edge up front, though if Ramsey’s goal had been allowed, I am sure we would all be feeling much better about things.

Santi’s shooting was horrible, and I wish Özil would actually considering taking a shot!

Thought we looked more dangerous when Ox came on, Wenger has a problem trying to fit all these players in. Ramsey did enough to warrant a start, but after last season he is going to resist dropping Cazorla.

Not sure what to make of Giroud today, apart from the one shot that forced Mignolet in to a great save he didn’t do much, but they made life difficult for us in the final third by flooding those areas, and it wasn’t until Ox and Walcott came on (though the later didn’t really do much) that we finally stretched them.

Think due to the awful result against West Ham this is going to get criticized more than it probably warrants.

edit. Say Yes post above totally sums up my last point, think we will get over reactions like that

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
A lot of people forget that Ramsey was paired alongside flamini during that spell of 2 seasons ago And Matheui isn't dissimilar to Coquelin in terms of playing style.
Yeah a CM who can play with Ramsey like Arteta did two years ago is what I want as well. Then we would have two separate midfield pairings that we know can work.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
A depressing match
At least Cech was quite the catch
Saving us from Scouser gloats
I hope Wenger took some notes.

The players were drab
Giroud looked like he was calling a cab
While Cazorla's form was in a different place
Maybe in the disco listening to Ace of Base

Our tactics were ****e
And Chambers was having a fright
But luckily his blushes were spared
All could see he was not prepared

Ramsey scored
Only he didn't, offside was called
I guess the god damn linesman was bored
Since Mignolet constantly stalled

Three points there was not
nil nil it was to be
It's sort of sad, that's what I thought
Listening to a song called Lemon Tree

And now just for fun
A curious idea for anyone
When it comes to scoring a goal
Maybe Coq and not Özil should play in the hole :p

blaze_of_glory

A lot of people forget that Ramsey was paired alongside flamini during that spell of 2 seasons ago And Matheui isn't dissimilar to Coquelin in terms of playing style.
Is that true? I thought it was Arteta.

For whatever reason, Wenger has been reluctant to play Coq and Ramsey together. I don't know why it is, but it seems to be the case.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Is that true? I thought it was Arteta.

For whatever reason, Wenger has been reluctant to play Coq and Ramsey together. I don't know why it is, but it seems to be the case.
Yeah it was Arteta I'm pretty sure. I remember some stats being posted from that season that showed Ramsey was much better with Arteta, and Wilshere was much better with Flamini as partner. Two contrasting style.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Arteta only got back in the team that season in late October due to an injury picked up in pre season. Ramsey in the first 8-10 weeks of the 13/14 season played with Flamini.
Yeah it was Arteta I'm pretty sure. I remember some stats being posted from that season that showed Ramsey was much better with Arteta, and Wilshere was much better with Flamini as partner. Two contrasting style.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Well either Giroud needs dropping or Ox/Theo need to come in on the right because this attack sure as hell isn't working. Those 5 goal-less home games will explain that to you.

Play Ox-Alexis-Ramsey or something like that. Anything other than the front 3 we've seen fail consistently for a long time now.

Ideally we'd play Alexis-Giroud-Ox. Think that was our best front 3 from last season. It's criminal that Ox is being left out atm tbh.

KAB

Özil played really well in the match, dominated the middle of the park and planned for attacking. Cech was excellent, saved us points which we might have lose the game with our previous goalies. Gabriel was solid as well.

The bad thing about the game, we didn't score. There are quite number of good chances should have been to the back of the net. We have to be more clinical in front of goal.
Goal post didn't favor us as well in the game.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

And yet, he scored a legitimate goal and was a constant thorn in their side-he played well.

Sorry mate - not having a go at Ramsey, disgusted at the position he's being played in. Felt like he was our most threatening player all game. I just can't stand the fact that he gets wasted out on the wing to the detriment of both him and the team when we have attacking options such as Ox and Theo who are more than capable to cause havoc to the opposition from the RW.

Kaange

think sanchez wasted the best two chances of the game myself when giroud laid off and put him one on one with mignolet down the left and he hit the post, also that header a few meters from goal.

KAB

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...sanchez-lack-responsibility-says-gary-neville

He hates Arsenal so much.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Just watching the highlights again because you miss stuff watching it live.. and my word Cech was AMAZING, that save he tipped onto the post from Coutinho was one of the best saves I have seen in a very long time. Now watching highlights its amazing we wasn't 4-0 down after 38 minutes. Well done Cech.

Triniboy

I think we should play alexis in the middle, flanked by OX, and one of Walcott/Ramsey if wenger wants to keep playing him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom