• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I'm sure a win against United will make us quickly forget about that shambles on Tuesday. Who cares about the CL anyway. Pointless competition for us really. Let's concentrate on the league and getting back into the CL for next season.. oh, wait..

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
................theo
Alexis.....Özil
.....ramsey...........santi
.................coquelin

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Is Koscielny out? Big boost for our lot if he is.

Anyway for those who are interested we'll probably lineup like this:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Blind Young
Schneiderlin Bastian
Mata Rooney Memphis
Martial
Carrick is possibly out for this one, likewise for Rojo and Luke Shaw of course is out. Not so sure about Young at LB. However if Rojo is fit he'll most likely be at LB.

Surely Wenger will play Oxlade rather than Ramsey on the right wing to test Young out but then again it is Wenger...

Best of luck to you Arsenal fans, here's to an entertaining game and more importantly an entertaining rivalry.

Personally I'd be happy with a point at the Emirates. My prediction is a 2-2.

PS: Love the passion in the OP.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin

De Gea
Schneiderlin Bastian
Mata Rooney Memphis
Martial
Carrick is possibly out for this one, likewise for Rojo and Luke Shaw of course is out. Not so sure about Young at LB. However if Rojo is fit he'll most likely be at LB.

Surely Wenger will play Oxlade rather than Ramsey on the right wing to test Young out but then again it is Wenger...

Best of luck to you Arsenal fans, here's to an entertaining game and more importantly an entertaining rivalry.

Thanks mate ^-^

ChampagneFootball

Giroud
Theo
Özil
Alexis
Cazorla
Coquelin
Bellerin
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Monreal
Cech

Hopefully that is the team with Walcott on the right causing Young problems.. Have a feeling Theo could run him ragged and hopefully a fired up Giroud can take advantage. I don't fear them at all, they're **** and are in a false position because of playing a lot of easy fixtures. If we lose, it'll be because of our own downfalls as usual. Which, given our start, is possible. But if we show up, we'll win.

Jasinho

Oh God what a terrible time to play this match, we're in a horrible slump and they're just starting to get some real confidence.

Why even bother, we all know how this is going to end, we'll dominate the majority off the match with possession but not create anything clear cut and they'll win a dodgy penalty and we'll get another red card and then we'll go all out attack and concede a 2nd goal from a counter. That's the blueprint for our games against them in recent years.

2-0 to them lot.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We have 2 players who play well vs MUnited... Chamberlain and Koscielny IMO. One is playing terribly and the other is injured lol

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
First game of the season? You want people firing on the first game of a season, really?

Come on, you know better!

Not firing but at least show some composure and positional discipline not isolating your partner rendering a 1 man midfield basically and West Ham took full advantage they really did.

For the record I do want ramsey back in the middle of the park but you have to admit his tactical discipline and concentration from that position has been suspect for over a year now? maybe the way forward currently is to play three in midfield, discarding the no.10.

Gooner n Proud

De Gea
Schneiderlin Bastian
Mata Rooney Memphis
Martial

If wenger plays the right players in the middle we can destroy that midfield. Though he always has good games against Arsenal I do not rate Schneiderlin and Schweinsteigers ability to play 2 games a week has been widely questioned so Im not sure if he will be able to handle Ramsey, Coquelin and Özil if all are firing.

The key in this game is for Arsenal to finish off their chances as thats cost us against these lot over recent years where we've usually been the better team however they've attained that ruthless and clinical edge we've transparently lacked.

I will not accept anything less than 3 points here if we want to be serious contenders for the league we need to be getting points at home off our challengers, so far this season we were terrible against Liverpool and weak at Stamford Bridge taking a total of 1 point in those games is not good enough for this football club we should be exterminating these teams. Cant afford anymore slip ups at home to our rivals!

Cech
Bellerin Per Gabriel Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Santi
Sanchez Özil
Walcott

Arsenal 3 - 0 United

Ramsey x 2 and Sanchez to get the goals

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
i dont want to say anything because i dont want to jinx it, but i feel that this game is going to be our most important in the last 4 years.
If we win this we win the league.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Let's have belief, be composed and WIN this.

Tactically, we should give them more space on Depay's side. Mata is far more likely to come up with something dangerous.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should of easily beat them at home last year, but we missed our early chance, scored an own goal and then got caught on the break.

Man Utd don't exactly scare me but I can't see us winning.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

De Gea
Schneiderlin Bastian
Mata Rooney Memphis
Martial

Thanks for the tips but Wenger wont have a game plan anyway, he'll just leave it to the players to decide how to win!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
We'll probably see a more gutsy display as the players will no doubt be completely embarrassed by how s**t they were on Tuesday. We usually see a response in the next game.

However, with it being United I can't see us getting more than a draw at best - just don't think we've got the cutting edge up front and we always look like we've got a goal or two to give away. Lots of possession with not much else going on. I think either 1-1 or 1-2 to United.

Gooner n Proud

We'll probably see a more gutsy display as the players will no doubt be completely embarrassed by how s**t they were on Tuesday. We usually see a response in the next game.

However, with it being United I can't see us getting more than a draw at best - just don't think we've got the cutting edge up front and we always look like we've got a goal or two to give away. Lots of possession with not much else going on. I think either 1-1 or 1-2 to United.

United will probably dominate us in possession

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think this is a perfect time to play them. We are doing great in PL, and will be fired to make up for CL.

Ramsey is crucial, hate him or not rate him, but his style is unique to us and crucial to make us unpredictable.
Hope to see him in the middle, and Ox on the right (originally I siad Santi there but Ox is the man to drive Young crazy and put more pressure on Memphis).
AW wont bench Santi, so Its gonna be Ramsey as RM again. In that case I hope for Alexis up front, Theo right, Ramsey left for at least 50% of a game
Its little changes like those that make you win games, sadly something Boss is not good at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom