• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

It just shows how fickle fans are.

People on RedCafe summed up Arsenal fans pretty well. We go ballistic after a bad game or two and turn on our manager and players then sooner or later we go on a winning run and everything is forgotten......until we lose again.

I have no idea how people have such short memories...

Maxim

It just shows how fickle fans are.

People on RedCafe summed up Arsenal fans pretty well. We go ballistic after a bad game or two and turn on our manager and players then sooner or later we go on a winning run and everything is forgotten......until we lose again.

I have no idea how people have such short memories...

Yes, because this is specific to Arsenal fans....

No other set of fans are happy when their team is winning and unhappy when they are in poor form. Of course.

Marmaduke

Yes, because this is specific to Arsenal fans....

No other set of fans are happy when their team is winning and unhappy when they are in poor form. Of course.

In general yes but you have to admit we are very bipolar. Theres always a pre season optimism for what we can achieve, then it gets burst, then if bad results continue "Wenger out" gets momentum, then finally we go on a long winning streak and its summer by that point and we are seemingly in the same position we started.

My point isn't that we are happy/angry with wins/losses. Rather that we have a very specific season formula that has repeated itself as long as I've been an Arsenal fan.

*I started supporting 2 years after the Invincibles so supporting during the 10 year drought without the glory days has mentally hardened me :p

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We've so often blown and bottled it in previous campaigns, that the margins between joy and horror are fine, hence the stark contrast of reactions after wins and losses.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
'If you watched really the game and you come to the conclusion we lost because of Ospina I question your knowledge in football."
Arsène Wenger.
No the reason we lost is because of you Wenger. You chose to drop Cech. You chose to not prepare this team aqeduately enough for a CL game, you instill this constant nervousness in our defence when defending set pieces and counter attacks. You insist on us playing the game at 5mph until we concede a goal. The Ospina decision was one of many reasons for that loss, but it all comes back to you Arsène.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
In general yes but you have to admit we are very bipolar. Theres always a pre season optimism for what we can achieve, then it gets burst, then if bad results continue "Wenger out" gets momentum, then finally we go on a long winning streak and its summer by that point and we are seemingly in the same position we started.

My point isn't that we are happy/angry with wins/losses. Rather that we have a very specific season formula that has repeated itself as long as I've been an Arsenal fan.

*I started supporting 2 years after the Invincibles so supporting during the 10 year drought without the glory days has mentally hardened me :p

I was gonna respond to your previous post by saying you probably haven't been a Gooner that long. It's immensely frustrating to be an Arsenal fan. When we lose games like Olympiacos it's amplified when you consider we didn't sign an outfield player. It's things like that, it all adds up.

Plus, we know how good these boys are. Özil, Walcott, Sanchez, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Bellerin, Kos, Cech, Ox... this is quality in abundance. It sucks that we aren't challenging closer to the top.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
No the reason we lost is because of you Wenger. You chose to drop Cech. You chose to not prepare this team aqeduately enough for a CL game, you instill this constant nervousness in our defence when defending set pieces and counter attacks. You insist on us playing the game at 5mph until we concede a goal. The Ospina decision was one of many reasons for that loss, but it all comes back to you Arsène.
This is hindsight bias, clear as day.

Maxim

There is no other set of fans who have been in limbo between success and abject failure with same manager for well over a decade like we have. Of course that's gonna lead to some sway in opinion.

United have had this for less than 2 years with Van Gaal and already a chunk of their fan base regularly go from being completely behind him to wanting him out game by game, let's see what their like 10 years from now with him still in charge still delivering results with his special brand of toilet football.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose

He is so arrogant, beyond arrogant. Exactly its him that is the problem. I wish those press people at the press conference woulds just say No its you that is the problem.

sharongur

My line up would be

-------------Theo------------
Alexis-----Özil-----Cazorla
--------Coq---Ramsey
Monreal-Gabi-Mert-Bellerin
-----------Cech----------------

Santi lost his amazing form, and i think after watching ramsey's cameo in CL you realize how much that right wing hurt him.

Santi is more experienced and discipline and he will listen to orders, stay on the wing and defend well.

I dont mind losing the pace on the right cause we got alexis, and with ramsey on the right we lack that anyway, plus we overflow the mid.

I think thats the best we can offer.

I really hope that the day of ramsey on the right wing are over. all its doing is useless sideways passes cause you just need to watch alexis and theo, and tahts it everybody else goes back to receive the ball.

Marmaduke

Plus, we know how good these boys are. Özil, Walcott, Sanchez, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Bellerin, Kos, Cech, Ox... this is quality in abundance. It sucks that we aren't challenging closer to the top.

I totally agree, and our periods of joy and frustration are totally justified.

I've been on this rollercoaster for a decent amount of time so winning and losing carry less weight for me unless it goes on for a while. In other words I try to consistently make sure I don't get emotionally knee jerk and funnily enough its helped me in other aspects of life (imagine :lol:)

Chelsea is in a crap position but no one is saying that Mourino has lost it as a manger or that they will finish mid table and for good reason. Even these "winners" with a "killer mentality" have periods where things don't work for some damn reason. Like a day when literally everything that can go wrong does.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't have Cazorla on the wing, the further he gets to goal the worse he becomes.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Maybe to an extent with Ospina but certainly not with the other reasons for the loss. As those happen time and time again.
I am indeed referring to Ospina, let's all not kid ourselves Ospina is a pretty good keeper and noone expected what happened to happen.
I do agree on the tempo we play though, the urgency of the team after we conceded versus Leicester was good and proves the point that Wenger needs to regulate our actions during different points of the match. There was no urgency for us vs Olympiacos.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Merson included 3 Arsenal players in his combined XI haha what a load of cobblers.

I'd go with this:
De Gea
Darmian Koscielny Smalling Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Walcott Mata Alexis
Martial

Marmaduke

United have had this for less than 2 years with Van Gaal and already a chunk of their fan base regularly go from being completely behind him to wanting him out game by game,

The LVG analogy is very good and I agree. United will know how its like to go from perennial and guaranteed success to the ups and downs of a club more down to earth so to speak.

In part though is that after the early 2000s and the success we had I think its tough mentally to drop down a tier... Then again those poor liverpool fans :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom