• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I agree, we won it in the middle of the park. But TBH, I don't really rate Schneiderlin that highly, I don't think he would have made much of a difference.
Agree, totally. That was the best Arsenal performance in ages and the goals were all worldclass.

But if LVG used the formation and a similar line up he used near the end of last season, they could have done better. 4-3-3 with Ander-Carrick/Swine-Schneiderlin. I thought he'd do that, tbh, to cancel out our midfield while Blind and Carrick/Swine spraying passes from the back. What he actually did was very unlike him in big games.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That's fair enough Rich but I and a few others including yourself backed the team to beat United in the face of overwhelming flack . Not without good justification though , our performances against Newcastle , Palace , Leicester have all been comparable to the best in the league . You would think that a guy who is paid so much is not going to go just on previous form as dynamics change week to week . Hell anyone can do that .

Point is though having stuck my neck out I've earned the right to banter him :p. It's all just a bit of fun .

I wouldn't listen to my predictions. They're terrible. Besides, I'd back us to beat a team containing all of Real, Barca's and Bayern's players. I am highly deluded when it comes to these things.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
People still think Ramsey was key for our goals and had a good game ? besides his pass to Özil, a pass anyone could make, he wasnt involved in our goals - yet a lot claims he was critical.

looking at the game and the stats - his attacking play was utter **** - dispossessed a lot, lousy shot at goal, no key passes, no good runs, nothing good attacking wise.

but his passing, tackling, workrate, interceptions were very good.

Get him away from the RW spot and put him where his skills are most useful in the santi spot.

Yes

Ramsey made that third goal, no question. The skill on the touchline and the ball inside were both difficult skills to get right. given the congestion in the area.

The first goal was a little overhit for me, but still a good ball.

I do agree that he's better at CM, and I am a little stumped that Wenger keeps playing him wide right. Seems as though Jack Wheelchair (get well soon, lad) would suit that midfielder/winger hybrid slot better, and maybe that's behind his thinking. Even then, you'd have thought Cazorla is a better midfielder/winger hybrid than Ramsey, but he seems to have made DLP his own.

Ramsey is one of the best CMs in the league, needs to play there for me.

Hegemony

I thought we weren't going to turn up, poor form and all. Was so wrong.

Van Gaal made some terrible choices and we made him pay the price. Felt good to be overwhelmingly better than them, for a moment there I thought we were gonna win by 5 or 6. We're definitely a class above.

I think the title is between us and City. Are United s***? I think they are.

blaze_of_glory

Yes

Ramsey made that third goal, no question. The skill on the touchline and the ball inside were both difficult skills to get right. given the congestion in the area.

The first goal was a little overhit for me, but still a good ball.

I do agree that he's better at CM, and I am a little stumped that Wenger keeps playing him wide right. Seems as though Jack Wheelchair (get well soon, lad) would suit that midfielder/winger hybrid slot better, and maybe that's behind his thinking. Even then, you'd have thought Cazorla is a better midfielder/winger hybrid than Ramsey, but he seems to have made DLP his own.

Ramsey is one of the best CMs in the league, needs to play there for me.
Wenger's stated recently that he doesn't think Santi has the pace to play wide any more. And it seems he for whatever reason is more confident in Santi playing alongside Coq.

But you would think that Ramsey must move back central at some point. So if we continue with Coq playing there (and I don't think there's any reason to think we won't), then he and Ramsey must have to learn to play together at some point. I agree that Wilshere, if ever healthy, seems like a better fit in the "inside right" role than Ramsey. Though of course he could play where Santi is now as well, presumably.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Santi doesn't, but does Ramsey? Not for me. We saw what a good bit of pace wide did when Bellerin chased down Özil's pass in the build up to the first goal, no way Ramsey beats Young to the ball the way Bellerin did, for example.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I thought we weren't going to turn up, poor form and all. Was so wrong.

Van Gaal made some terrible choices and we made him pay the price. Felt good to be overwhelmingly better than them, for a moment there I thought we were gonna win by 5 or 6. We're definitely a class above.

I think the title is between us and City. Are United s***? I think they are.
They don't have depth.

Martial is being relied on for goals. A 19 year old is leading their line. There's huge pressure on him, make no mistake. Besides Herrera and Mata their midfield is technically inept. We have the perfect balance with great depth.

When Wenger took Özil and Sanchez off, Chamberlain and Giroud were completely fresh and ready to come at them. Man United have no one on the bench to make an impact like that. Besides spending hundred of millions, they are still very short.

If we come top at the end of the season, after our transfer window, and the abuse we got for not spending by literally everyone and ourselves, then honestly... it's a great achievement. It's a long road, but I'll dream of the banter.

say yes

forum master baiter
Santi doesn't, but does Ramsey? Not for me. We saw what a good bit of pace wide did when Bellerin chased down Özil's pass in the build up to the first goal, no way Ramsey beats Young to the ball the way Bellerin did, for example.

Ramsey has far more dynamism than Santi.

Makes sense to play him out wide as it stands, although a move back to the centre would appear a more natural fit if he regains his 2013-14 form and/or we discover a competent winger.

Think Cazorla's time in the first XI is numbered. His form is keeping him in the side for the moment, but not sure how well he is suited there in the long-run.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ramsey's long term future is in the B2B role for 100% sure. But that ain't going to happen right now. He's still learning and his engine is much appreciated & well used on the flanks. However, don't for one minute think he;s stuck out there. He pops up all over the place and is really played as a 3rd midfielder rather than an out & out wide man.

blaze_of_glory

Oh yeah I know, Ramsey's not the fastest guy either. But that's just what Wenger has said about Santi and why he's not using him out wide anymore. Ramsey does run his ass off all the time though, he has no problem getting up and down the park. And the DLP role doesn't really require that sort of running from Santi.

TheGlitch

Ramsey still playing his combative b2b role out wide. Gets involve in everything. Boy follows that ball and makin himself available ti everyone.

The team relies on the fullbacks and Özil to provide width in games more.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
We battered them last season too, just couldn't finish. Totally outplayed them in the cup at Old Trafford. Their only tactic seems to be hope De Gea produces a world class performance every time they face us. Everything else is a load of bollox. They could have played with 13 players and still not coped. Schniederlen got dropped because he has been immobile and poor on the ball, Koscielny missing for us was a far bigger loss.

ScotVieira

Established Member
The other thing was Ospina was lauded over the summer for his performances in goal for Colombia by pundits across a few channels . You would expect him to catch a ball .
Lol.
To be honest, Ospina has never filled me with confidence. However, dropping the ball in that manner in such a game was dumb founding.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We battered them last season too, just couldn't finish. Totally outplayed them in the cup at Old Trafford. Their only tactic seems to be hope De Gea produces a world class performance every time they face us. Everything else is a load of bollox. They could have played with 13 players and still not coped. Schniederlen got dropped because he has been immobile and poor on the ball, Koscielny missing for us was a far bigger loss.

Hardly outplayed them in the cup. Game was pretty close.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that game was tight but we had the better chances.

We played them off the pitch at the Emirates last season though - only our inept finishing stopped it being the same score line in the first 20 or so minutes.

One of the best things about the game was the fact that De Gea didn't touch the ball for all three goals - ****ing immense! The Özil goal was especially as DDG was rooted to the spot and looked like an absolute clown. :)

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Mancs be like...

htxtgk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom