• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...guson-Arsenal-going-better-Arsène-Wenger.html

Sir Alex Ferguson: Who can Arsenal get that is going to be better than Arsène Wenger?
Sir Alex Ferguson praised Arsène Wenger for sticking with his beliefs
The pair had an turbulent relationship when in opposite dugouts
Ferguson also believes Arsenal will struggle to replace the Frenchman

So these thoughts by SAF made me think about creating a thread.

Yes, some of us would now say that Wenger has completed his work at Arsenal, taking us as far as he can, as well as moving us into the 21st century. We have countless discussions on this issue.

Life, post Wenger however is something I havent really seen spoken about. I do not think it is as simple as just focusing on the field though. Yes, we need to address the issues we discuss day in day out. But we know that replacing our manager would be more than that.

What, for you, do we need to look at? How do we replace Wenger's impact at the club?

Do we accept that we will need to transition, much like United have? Do we need to accept that we will probably miss out on Champions League for a few years as we look to reshape? Or is it something we need to avoid at all costs?

What type of length do we look at for our new manager?

Also, who would be your guy(s) to take us forward?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
For a start, there's NO ONE out there that can replace Wenger's IMPACT at the club. However, I do believe without being able to name anyone in particular that there will be managers who can move the club forward post Arsène Wenger.

I think Arsène leaves the club in excellent shape, hopefully as title winners, several WC players in the squad, exciting youngsters on the up and obviously loadsa do$h in the kitty.

The new manager should be given a 3 year deal but as we know that mean sweetfuckall if you're not performing.

We don't have to miss out on **** if we make the right appointment. Moyes was NEVER the right appointment imo-no matter what SweetFuckAll has to say

redanddread

Excerpt from "Le GROVE" - my sentiments exactly

I read this article about Klopp and how the appointment is similar in magnitude to the Wenger hire all those years ago. I hate that I agree with this. What I hope, is that this perhaps shows that a focus on technical managerial attributes is more important than purely a record (ala David Moyes). I hope that when we go in for a new manager, we don’t reach for the elite box of managers that seem to float about and do ok (Rafa). I hope we go for (unless it’s Pep) someone with an exciting vision, someone with a presence and someone who has done something in the game that moves things forward.

Big ask. But if you’re in the game. You’ll no doubt know who these

http://le-grove.co.uk/2015/10/12/muller-would-be-great-walcott-example-to-the-squad/

say yes

forum master baiter
Based on the fact that I don't think we'll get a better manager than Wenger and even if we do it's unlikely he'll 'click' straight away.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The incoming manager will have a pretty darn good squad to work with - failure to get top 4 with this lot with the state of the PL would be one of the biggest managerial failures of all time.

redanddread

What happened at UTD. didn't have to happen. It was a perfect storm and something which wouldn't necessarily have to befall us.

1. Moyes was NEVER qualified enough to take over at the UTD. juggernaut-he never won anything in his life & he was expected to manage players that had won everything in club football.

2. Fergie left an aging squad, albeit an aging squad that were Champions.

3. Both Gill & SAF left at the same time, so two wetbacks in the two most important roles-crazy thing to do imo.

say yes

forum master baiter
The incoming manager will have a pretty darn good squad to work with - failure to get top 4 with this lot with the state of the PL would be one of the biggest managerial failures of all time.

Moyes had a pretty darn good squad to work with too - you know, the one that won the league by 11 points and had £64m of players added.

Didn't stop him finishing 7th. Don't fall into the trap of thinking this management lark is easy.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Moyes had a pretty darn good squad to work with too - you know, the one that won the league by 11 points and had £64m of players added.

Didn't stop him finishing 7th. Don't fall into the trap of thinking this management lark is easy.

Come off it! Moyes had an atrocity of a squad to work with - that's evidenced by the fact that United have spent 100's of millions of pounds and are still not at our level.

SAF dropped Moyes an absolute lemon.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We would have to find someone who can build on and ultimately evolve the current philosophy rather than start again completely from scratch.

The only way I can see a big drop in results (initially) is if the new manager comes in and completely overhauls the philosophy

say yes

forum master baiter
Come off it! Moyes had an atrocity of a squad to work with - that's evidenced by the fact that United have spent 100's of millions of pounds and are still not at our level.

SAF dropped Moyes an absolute lemon.

That squad had just won the league by 11 points, not sure calling it atrocious is fair. Either way - the example of United goes to show how important the manager is in football. You can laugh at the 'achievement' of getting top 4 every season as much as you want, but at the end of the day it's actually pretty difficult and changing the manager around can be pretty disastrous - Chelsea 2011/12 being another example.

I'm curious - why do people think footballers always seem to mysteriously decline once they leave Arsenal? You could probably name the players who have improved since leaving us on one hand. Perhaps it's because Wenger is a pretty special (and, dare I say it - underrated) manager who excels at getting the best out of his players; a manager we're going to really struggle to improve upon.

redanddread

That squad had just won the league by 11 points, not sure calling it atrocious is fair. Either way - the example of United goes to show how important the manager is in football. You can laugh at the 'achievement' of getting top 4 every season as much as you want, but at the end of the day it's actually pretty difficult and changing the manager around can be pretty disastrous - Chelsea 2011/12 being another example.

I'm curious - why do people think footballers always seem to mysteriously decline once they leave Arsenal? You could probably name the players who have improved since leaving us on one hand. Perhaps it's because Wenger is a pretty special (and, dare I say it - underrated) manager who excels at getting the best out of his players; a manager we're going to really struggle to improve upon.
Not being (too) funny here-they may decline but they do win loadsa trophies!

There's not many in world football that can mold a player into WC like Wenger tbh. That's his gig & why we're always one or two players short whilst he's developing his next big talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The only way I can see a big drop in results (initially) is if the new manager comes in and completely overhauls the philosophy

There could possibly be a drop off anyway but I think the best way to approach it would be to find someone who can enhance the base foundation of what we have. I don't know who that manager is yet.

I have had a hunch though - ever since he retired - that Thierry Henry is probably going to be the next Arsenal manager. I don' t know why, and I have absolutely no idea whether he will be a success or not (I choose not to draw conclusions from his punditry or his past character as a player), but I have a feeling that this is what may happen. Or perhaps another former/current player (Arteta, maybe).

A former disciple with an evolutionary approach to Wenger's philosophy. It's a longshot but it's a hunch I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom