• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
29ndr9y.jpg

That front 3 behind the striker looks great.

Is this the team of the week? But Sanchez didn't play.

skip spence

My ratings

Cech 7 (solid as usual)

Monreal 8 (can't ask any more from a full-back)
Mertesacker 9 (Did not put a foot wrong, great leadership from the back)
Koscielny 8 (Great game, a bit rash at times but fab with the ball)
Bellerin 7 (Much better tonight from Hector, defended well and made good runs)

Flamini 7 (His passing was atrocious at times but did really well keeping Silva quiet)
Ramsey 7 (Showed that he can play with discipline and defend. Lost Yaya for his goal though and made quite a lot of mistakes.)

Campbell 7 (Great workrate and determination. Bit rough with the ball.)
Özil 8 (Was ill apparently. Amazing that he could still influence the game that much)
Walcott 8 (Great goal. Surprised me with some decent defending too when needed.)

Giroud 8 (Worked his socks off, made good runs and was rewarded with the winning goal.)

Subs. Gibbs (was useless really, C defended better), Chambo (made some good runs but shocking end product), Chambers (did okay the short time he was on)

MoM Per Mertesacker

Diogenes

What I like most about today was how early doors they had a premeditated plan to kick us every time they didn't have 10 men behind the ball, the ref let them get away with it, and it didn't ruffle us. This season I'm getting used to seeing us display the "mental strength" AW always used to go on about. God help me, I actually think we are going to win this league.

Oh, also Gibbs: what the **** was his deal. He played like he was on PCP.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Man.

A heart attack moment for final 10-15 minutes of the game. Very happy to see we hold up for a win.

General

Established Member
Ramsey lost Yaya Toure for the goal. It was a fantastic goal but he allowed Toure to literally coast past him at walking pace. The midfield duo of Flamini and Ramsey is way too indisciplined and will inevitably cost us goals if we don't tighten up soon. Their positioning in that De Bruyne chance in the opening minutes was mind boggling. We nearly threw away a game we should've long killed off.

Delighted with the win. I will remain cautious about our title chances because we've been here before and there's a long way to go. We aren't playing particularly well at the moment but crucially we are scoring goals and building healthy leads. I think this is good enough in the short term but we will need to go up a level to win the title.

skip spence

Though he's a bellend I agree with Carragher that Yaya at MC and Silva at AMC is going to cost Citeh goals. For all his brilliance Yaya is a lazy ****er and won't track back and cover ground. That wonder-goal might be a blessing in disguise for us.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That game was just something else. Guys, if you haven't been to the Emirates, you need to. It is nothing like watching the game on TV, the atmosphere is vibrant, everyone chants, emotions run wild and you let your heart out. Magical.

Being there, it was clear. Nacho Monreal is criminally underrated even by us. Even by the most avid admirers on this forum. He was incredible.

We scraped by this game really, ironic how we scored two chances from nothing but had two clear-cut one-on-one moments that we threw away.

Last edited:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Only got to see highlights but it's a great win, lots of hairy moments but we played really well when the game opened up and could've scored more. Their midfield was a big danger as predicted, as general said Ramsey didn't track runs well. Even in the highlights I saw it 2-3 times for City chances including the goal. Theo wide left is a new one, never really plays there but he cuts in well. Scored a similar goal v City when we lost 5-3 a couple years back.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Where's the Mertesacker appreciation- thread?? He was really splendid today, sadly people tend to give him a lot more stick than he deserves imo.

This! Everytime you see something about Mertesacker it is the following:
- Mertesacker is past it
- Should be replaced by Gabriel
- Mertesacker is to slow

What kind of drugs do you have to take to talk such BULLSHIT about our main CB, the one who is the keystone, the one who organises and plans at the back!?

But hey, few months ago they said almost the same about Özil...

nicky47

Established Member
Have to head to bed now, up early for work, but what a superb way to start the week! Well done Arsenal, and goodnight Gunners. What a win...

skip spence

This! Everytime you see something about Mertesacker it is the following:
- Mertesacker is past it
- Should be replaced by Gabriel
- Mertesacker is to slow

What kind of drugs do you have to take to talk such BULLSHIT about our main CB, the one who is the keystone, the one who organises and plans at the back!?

But hey, few months ago they said almost the same about Özil...
Yeah, word!. Mertesacker was my MoM tonight (see ratings above ;)). Makes me sad to hear even lots of Arsenal supporters saying he's past it when he's clearly bossing it still. Ahead of every game they keep saying that Per is going to get exposed as a slow, ponderous, used-to-be-if-he-ever-was defender who's lost his Mojo. But that never ****ing happens does it?

AVENTUS

That game was just something else. Guys, if you haven't been to the Emirates, you need to. It is nothing like watching the game on TV, the atmosphere is vibrant, everyone chants, emotions run wild and you let your heart out. Magical.

Being there, it was clear. Nacho Monreal is criminally underrated even by us. Even by the most avid admirers on this forum. He was incredible.

We scraped by this game really, ironic how we scored to chances from nothing but had two clear-cut one-on-one moments that we threw away.

Not all the time mate. It's a good atmosphere when we play these big games but play a team like Norwich on a cold February day and it's dire you could hear people talking 4 rows in front of you.

Champions League nights, Forget it you can't even stand up without a steward shouting at you to sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom