• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Good win for you last night. Pellegrini proving, yet again, why he has to be moved on in the summer. We had 8 days to prepare for that game and came up with that!

Mangala has to be blamed, if he isn't a ***** and clears the ball properly in the last minute of added time we probably get a result there.

I can still see us winning the league but my god we're making hard work of it!
You guys won't win anything until you learn to defend without Kompany in the team. Pelligrini has to figure how to deal with Yaya & Silva in the same team........simply put your midfield is like Swiss cheese.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
tTVhm9P.jpg

What a ****ed up business from City's perspective..

jay-d

Established Member
I hate to bring up negatives especially after a good victory but is anyone else worried about Gibbs? Last night and the previous game he was bought on to try and shore the team up but awful positioning and lacklustre effort has actually served to put the team under more pressure. He's a decent lb but should not be brought on at LM in my opinion.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah we are bare bones at LW, but Gibbs was pretty poor. He's done well enough there coming on in other game but he was frightening yesterday.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah we are bare bones at LW, but Gibbs was pretty poor. He's done well enough there coming on in other game but he was frightening yesterday.

I never understand the point of the Gibbs substitution from Wenger lately. He comes on and is a headless chicken in some free role or something. If he is brought on to shore up the left side I cant see how he does that, hes very Welbeck-esque as he's just all over the place and never helping keep shape.

Aevi

Hale End FC
well, Alexis, Welbeck, Jack, Sant and Rosicky are all out.
who else would play LW ?
Chamberlain could have been put there instead of in the middle through a formation change or just keeping Özil on the pitch. Also, Iwobi or Adelaide, though considering we wanted to keep a lead having Gibbs on wasn't too poor a decision disregarding hindsight.

raag

Yeah, word!. Mertesacker was my MoM tonight (see ratings above ;)). Makes me sad to hear even lots of Arsenal supporters saying he's past it when he's clearly bossing it still. Ahead of every game they keep saying that Per is going to get exposed as a slow, ponderous, used-to-be-if-he-ever-was defender who's lost his Mojo. But that never ****ing happens does it?

It irks me to see people saying the BFG is back.

He never went anywhere!
What a game!!!!

Almost everybody turned up and were proper warriors out there, inspiring!

For me, among all the great performances one stood out the most this game. No, not Giroud (GDL forever! ;)), not Özil nor Theo but Per Mertesacker.

BFG didn't put a foot wrong whole game! Was an absolute wall at the heart of our defense. Saved at least 2 goals. Haven't seen him play this well in a long time. Ladies and Gents, the Big F***ing German is back! :cool:

It irks me when people say the BFG is back. He never went anywhere at all! People just don't appreciate his style of defending. The aggressive all action style of defence that Kos has is very easy to see and applaud. Per prefers a more positional style in the sense where he's in the right place to cut out danger before It develops instead of having to slide in. I remember reading a quote from a defender a while back. He said that the best defenders perfom the least sliding tackles because they're always there before the danger develops to cut it out before a last ditch tackle
Is needed

We don't appreciate Per enough. Plain and simple. I have his name on my shirt and I'm proud to wear it.

We have the best defence In the league and we've shut out Muller Lewandowski Aguero etc just this season.

Anyone who thinks we can do that with a bad CB at the heart of our defence clearly needs some perspective

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I never understand the point of the Gibbs substitution from Wenger lately. He comes on and is a headless chicken in some free role or something. If he is brought on to shore up the left side I cant see how he does that, hes very Welbeck-esque as he's just all over the place and never helping keep shape.
I hope you're not talking about Danny of Welbeck?

Triniboy

Tbh honest, while I am totally happy we won.. i just watched the game this morning and I do believe we have a lot of work to do before we face Barca. On one side, we could have scored more goals, but on the other City could have put away theirs as well. If Barca gets those chances against us they will punish us. Hope we build from this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom