• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal FC vs Man. City FC - Mon. Dec. 21st, 8:00pm - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This video from different camera angle is quite interesting.
http://player.arsenal.com/videos/7179/arsenal-s-artistry-downs-city

Although Flamini is one of the least favorite players, I find his "leadership barking orders" to be intriguing.

When Theo scored, you see all our players jumping in joy around Theo, but Flamster was dead serious and was already barking at Theo to keep focus.
Also after Yaya scored (which Flamini was unprepared to defend against) Flamini is barking instructions to BFG too.

Our billionaire is mental :)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thierry Henry is very high on Flamini, so I'm thinking he's a solid character to have around, and he's not as bad on the pitch as we make out sometimes.

I call him trash, but he's not really.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tbh honest, while I am totally happy we won.. i just watched the game this morning and I do believe we have a lot of work to do before we face Barca. On one side, we could have scored more goals, but on the other City could have put away theirs as well. If Barca gets those chances against us they will punish us. Hope we build from this

Barca are probably two levels above City and against these teams sometimes you just have to ride your luck.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
It irks me to see people saying the BFG is back.

He never went anywhere!

It irks me when people say the BFG is back. He never went anywhere at all! People just don't appreciate his style of defending. The aggressive all action style of defence that Kos has is very easy to see and applaud. Per prefers a more positional style in the sense where he's in the right place to cut out danger before It develops instead of having to slide in. I remember reading a quote from a defender a while back. He said that the best defenders perfom the least sliding tackles because they're always there before the danger develops to cut it out before a last ditch tackle
Is needed

We don't appreciate Per enough. Plain and simple. I have his name on my shirt and I'm proud to wear it.

We have the best defence In the league and we've shut out Muller Lewandowski Aguero etc just this season.

Anyone who thinks we can do that with a bad CB at the heart of our defence clearly needs some perspective
I actually totally agree with you regarding the style of defending and think that Kos and Mert compliment each other extremely well...

....however, ever since the WC Mert has obviously lost a bit of focus and as a result has been making small mistakes he rarely used to make before. In this game, he was nearly perfect so that's great to see. Hopefully, the chase for the title brings back his total commitment.

raag

I actually totally agree with you regarding the style of defending and think that Kos and Mert compliment each other extremely well...

....however, ever since the WC Mert has obviously lost a bit of focus and as a result has been making small mistakes he rarely used to make before. In this game, he was nearly perfect so that's great to see. Hopefully, the chase for the title brings back his total commitment.

My only concern about the solidity of their partnership is the lack of chances that Gabriel and Chambers get. But defensive lineups are always something that's better left with as few changes as possible

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just watched the highlights. Ramsey and Campbell should have got at least 1 each.
Definitely, but it gives hope. We should have and could have smashed both of the Manchester clubs easily!

I want Ramsey to work on his finishing, when he's in the middle he's just a chance magnet. Always in the right place at the right time, if he gets his finishing back he could reach 15 goals per season easily.

Definitely, but it gives hope. We should have and could have smashed both of the Manchester clubs easily!

I want Ramsey to work on his finishing, when he's in the middle he's just a chance magnet. Always in the right place at the right time, if he gets his finishing back he could reach 15 goals per season easily.

Yeah he can finish when he get going. The first season here, Ramsey were finishing for fun, if he can find such form for second half of the season we are in for a ride!

Nyctophobia

Established Member

If he had his finishing in shape he'd be around halfway to that mark now, maybe he could even get around 20 goals throughout a entire season if his form didn't drop too much.

infinium

Thierry Henry is very high on Flamini, so I'm thinking he's a solid character to have around, and he's not as bad on the pitch as we make out sometimes.

I call him trash, but he's not really.
I think he doesn't quite have the legs and energy to play the game he used to/wants to play. Flamini was never a technician and it was always about his tenacity but he had quite a lot of injuries in Italy and he physically declined once he neared 30. Never understood the criticism really. He is an OK backup. I mean Chelsea won the title last year with Obi Mikel as backup for Matic!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That Walcott finish was bread and butter for Jermaine Defoe, scored those types nearly every week.
Massively underrated at his peak. One of the best finishers of the last 20 odd years. Had he played for us or Man Utd ten years ago, he'd be a PL legend. Just never had the platform to ever show his true worth.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Massively underrated at his peak. One of the best finishers of the last 20 odd years. Had he played for us or Man Utd ten years ago, he'd be a PL legend. Just never had the platform to ever show his true worth.

Have taken a lot of flak on here before for saying Walcott is better than Ljungberg ever was. Still stand by it; swap Walcott for Ljungberg in that starting XI and you improve it. That being said, Ljungberg was probably one of the weakest players in that amazing XI.

say yes

forum master baiter

At his peak he was barely good enough for Sp**s.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Have taken a lot of flak on here before for saying Walcott is better than Ljungberg ever was. Still stand by it; swap Walcott for Ljungberg in that starting XI and you improve it. That being said, Ljungberg was probably one of the weakest players in that amazing XI.
I don't know why, but I always feel it's a bit apples and oranges when people compare those two. Did Freddie really play RWF? Or was he deployed deeper in a different formation? He was signed by Wenger for his exploits in CMF/AMF for Sweden. It's a weird one.

say yes

forum master baiter

Not this again :lol:

Comparison is not as laughable as it was a few years ago, but Ljungberg is still a long way ahead of Walcott.

Also as @Jury has pointed out, they're pretty differently positionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom