• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

franicks

so german "kicker" magazine gave away their half-yearly verdict on the german players playing in foreign countries. mesut missed "world class" again, as a reason they list the weak start to the season against west ham as well as the cl defeats against dinamo & olympiakos. (remember we played shorthanded like 50 minutes against zagreb?). he's ranked best of the foreign playing players though.

on the other hand for german players playing in germany, thomas muller is rated wordclass. no word about the defeat at the emirates :lol:.

muller got 18 scorer points out of 17 games, mesut's got 19 out of 19. when mesut had 17 games he had 18 scorer points as well, didn't he?

fun fact: they gave kevin de bruyne "world-class" last year at wolfsburg :lol:.

imho they have a problem with mesut, they almost always rate him lower than statistic-sites like whoscored or squawka.

i'll try to get the whole article tomorrow...
I read this nonsense quite often here and as a german and mainly german football developement fan I strongly object. Özil was voted 2 times in a row (2-3years ago) by ppl da national team player of the year. Why? Because he ran da team offensively. Did we blame Özil back then for thia nonsense u wrote? No, because he was da best player. For 2years Özil was quite bad though in perception of german fans. He didnt seem to work good in da PL and for da NT he played average. Only thing i concur with ppl here blaming germans to hate him or hate.Özil because da PL has so.much money, is, that we do see Özil quote critical last 2 years, since he player average really. Now u wanna make up ppl think u know da reason that is that Özil is of turkish descent, the media doesnt like him or what other nonsense i had to read here. No, the main reason was that Özil looked to be a pushover and a sissy last 2 years. Playing average and having a very bad body language. And when he didnt excit u with his skills, due to him.being in bad shape, the fact that he always lost da ball once an opponent used his body well and Özil looking for a foul (which he seldom got) made him loose hos standing in Germany laat years. Not without reason he wasnt da playmaker of da world cup winning german side. But thinga do change now since he seems more tough and more determinded to influence games. It just makes me sick to read ppl not having a clue blaming Özils current lack of standing in germany on racism, his looks or him.playing in da PL. Most football fans are glad that we dont have da money da Pl has to buy all da average foreigners that make it hard to form a team spirit and da lack of football idendity it leaves the PL with. We are scared that the Pl will ruin da BL though by buyin da best Bundealiga players though. But most germans dont envy the EPLs way of spending money in any way. i think many here dont take comments like this
serious (i.mean ppl claiming we germans dislike Özil)
, but I had to say my peace aa a long time german football fan..cheers

Oh_Snap

lot of unreadable stuff

Well nice essay there. The ranking is about THIS season though. So u actually wrote all your bs for nothing.

And where did i write something about racism? I wrote they have a problem with Mesut. More like germans can't appreciate wizards. They love it when Schweinsteiger bleeds in the WC-Final and don't care he actually played utter **** that day. That was my statement. But nice try, bro.

(no kiss-emote here?)

fc honka

Well nice essay there. The ranking is about THIS season though. So u actually wrote all your bs for nothing.

And where did i write something about racism? I wrote they have a problem with Mesut. More like germans can't appreciate wizards. They love it when Schweinsteiger bleeds in the WC-Final and don't care he actually played utter **** that day. That was my statement. But nice try, bro.

(no kiss-emote here?)

I read all the comments in the Kicker and 10 out of 10 people were saying that Mesuts rating should be worldclass. Many were really disappointed in Kicker and almost all could not understand Mesuts rating.
I disagree that Germans do not appreciate wizards. Özil was voted 2 years in a row player of the National team.
What I did not understand in your post is the comment about Schweinsteiger. "played utter ****"? He was second best player on the field behind Boateng in that final.

Well anyway, nobody here should bother about some Kicker-bullshit. Özil has probably been the best "10" in the world since start of October. Lets just be happy about that :D

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I read all the comments in the Kicker and 10 out of 10 people were saying that Mesuts rating should be worldclass. Many were really disappointed in Kicker and almost all could not understand Mesuts rating.
I disagree that Germans do not appreciate wizards. Özil was voted 2 years in a row player of the National team.
What I did not understand in your post is the comment about Schweinsteiger. "played utter ****"? He was second best player on the field behind Boateng in that final.

Well anyway, nobody here should bother about some Kicker-bullshit. Özil has probably been the best "10" in the world since start of October. Lets just be happy about that :D
I have no clue why anybody is ever bothered about what papers say. They might not realise it, but it actually effects their own judgement a lot of the time, if you too caught up in it.

Sweggeh

I have no clue why anybody is ever bothered about what papers say. They might not realise it, but it actually effects their own judgement a lot of the time, if you too caught up in it.
90% of football fans are casuals who actually believe the **** the papers say. So when the media is creating a false negative image of the player, it trickles through to the fans. Players are left having to prove people wrong.

For example, David Silva has been **** for most of this season but no one even mentions it because of the perception of greatness the media have set up for him, and the fans accept it and rarely question it. But if Özil had played like this, people would have been trashing him relentlessly.

It all starts with the media. If it wasn't for the media, people would have realised Rooney was **** 3 years before they did.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

(no kiss-emote here?)
Actually Schweinsteiger played well that WC-Final. The amount of Kroos (the current Denilson's disguise) ass-kissing was amazingly high, though.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Agreed I mean look at this nonsense. (Copy and pasted as to not give these clowns at the Sun any extra traffic for this clear click bait article.)

Willian’s match winning performances for Chelsea are more impressive than Mesut Özil at Arsenal

EVERYONE seems to love Mesut Özil right now.

Along with the all the praise heaped on him is the belief the Arsenal No11 is the outstanding candidate to be elected the 2015-16 Footballer of the Year.

Hardly surprising seeing Arsenal are top of the table and Özil has contributed 16 assists in just 19 league games.

And 20 in all in 2015 to surpass Thierry Henry’s 19 in 2003.

He is even being talked of as the “new” Dennis Bergkamp though it’s going to take considerably more than just one outstanding season at the Emirates to replace the legendary Dutchman in the hearts and minds of Arsenal supporters
His closest rivals at the moment for Footballer of the Year would appear to be Tottenham’s Harry Kane plus Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez, scorer of 28 goals between them in the astonishing success story that is Leicester City.

But we may have forgotten someone.
A player who has been producing match-winning performances for a club who, unlike Arsenal, Sp**s and second-placed Leicester, have been struggling all season.

Step forward Chelsea’s Willian.

Now it’s one thing to turn it on in a team that’s flying high and surrounded by players all making significant contributions.

But it’s a totally different matter in a side that has stunk the place out for much of the season

This is why Willian’s efforts at Stamford Bridge strike me as even more remarkable than those of Özil at the Emirates.

For most of 2015-16 Chelsea have been a joke.

The underperformance of most of their players has already led to Jose Mourinho getting the sack.

Men like Diego Costa, Oscar, Pedro, Cesc Febregas, Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill and Eden Hazard have, at times, been an embarrassment

Here are players who, in a crisis, should have led from the front. Instead they have gone AWOL

The exception, though, has been Willian.

He, too, might have gone into hiding.

Linked like Oscar and Ramires with a move away from Stamford Bridge at the start of the season, he could easily have let his form drift along with the rest of them

Instead, he has proved himself a much bigger man.

04_05115540_32b894_2627655a.jpg

He may have only three assists this season but his free-kicks and stampeding runs down the right have put him on a different plane to his team-mates.

He is the club’s leading scorer with eight goals in all competitions including five in seven Champions League matches.

None has been more important than the second in Chelsea’s pivotal 2-0 win over Porto that enabled them to top their group — despite Chelsea then getting the short straw and PSG at the first knockout stage.

On Sunday, he was once again the key figure in the 3-0 win at Crystal Palace, a result many are viewing as the turning point in Chelsea’s season.

He started and finished the move for the second goal with a spectacular effort into the roof of the net and then made the third when Palace keeper Wayne Hennessey failed to hold his shot.
Had it not been for the Brazilian, God knows where Chelsea would currently be in the table.

Yes, Özil has been outstanding — but for the most part in a smooth-running, well-oiled machine.

Willian, though, has had to carry a team firing on half a cylinder.

So the Sun is big upping Willian's EPL player of the year credentials, by first showing how Özil kills him in ever statistical category, and then they go on and talk up what he's done in the CL...again to help his case for why he should be up there in the EPL player of the year race.

Joke article.

Last edited:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the guy that started Willian player of the season in RedCafe (link in football talk, credit to goonerdelhi) wrote that article.
He sure enjoy getting bashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom