• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Jamrock

90% of football fans are casuals who actually believe the **** the papers say. So when the media is creating a false negative image of the player, it trickles through to the fans. Players are left having to prove people wrong.

For example, David Silva has been **** for most of this season but no one even mentions it because of the perception of greatness the media have set up for him, and the fans accept it and rarely question it. But if Özil had played like this, people would have been trashing him relentlessly.

It all starts with the media. If it wasn't for the media, people would have realised Rooney was **** 3 years before they did.

I think sometimes people take things to heart..

Silva has been in the Top 2 of the best players for City since he has been there. He has helped them win the title, FA cup etc, he has been ine of the stand out players in the league since he has beeb here.

Trust me, once a player has one standout season and keeps consistent after there after then fans automatically give him that respect and get him a bit of leeway once things go bad for him in the future.

I remember Mata, Silva and Cazorla were the best AM in the 2012/13 season. Sanchez last season etc.. Once a player has a standout season it then gives them the privilege and time for when they have a bad patch.

Özil did not start off well so he has not had that season to fall back on just yet like Silva, Cazorla, Mata, Sanchez, Ramsey, Walcott etc.. But it is all changing, this is his season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mesut ÖzilVerified account‏@MesutOzil1088
There was no time to blink during the match! A pity we couldn’t take the 3 points with us to London!
1f612.png
But chin up, we're still
1f51b.png
1f51d.png
1f44d.png
#LFCvAFC

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yeah, he really was invisible today. Didn't do anything note-worthy at all. Klopps pressing-game cut him out of the game real good. Was expected though. A German manager would do his best to put The Öz out of play tbh. Too bad he managed to do just that.

Triniboy

When the midfield base behind you is Ramsey and Flamini not much you can expect him to do tbh... I know everyone loves Ramsey but we only ever look good against teams that press us with my boy Jacky in midfield

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hardly saw him face the liverpool goal. they were forcing him to play with his back to the goal.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Can and Henderson were taking turns and were stuck on him during the whole match. In second half he looked visibly tired and could not contribute much.
One of his poorest games of season. But still don't think he was the poorest of our attacking players out there last night.

USArsenalFan716

I actually think it's a very positive sign for our team (at least offensively) that we showed, even with Özil being marked heavily, that we can produce 3 goals (plus a bunch of other good chances).

Teams will not be able to commit as much effort to stopping Özil (leaving him with better opportunities in the coming games probably). Especially with Alexis coming back soon (hopefully)...

SteveEvets

I was absolutely livid at the time watching this. If Gibbs just runs straight at the goal instead of trying to make an awkward overlap around Özil from basically the centre circle, a simple ball from Özil and he's in. Look how poorly Liverpool are set up there.

At the very least Sakho has to close him down but it's an easy square to Giroud/Ramsey who are two on one against Toure. Instead Özil has to play that cross, which while incredible nearly got Ramsey killed.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Did we hijack another online poll? ;)

Mesut Özil named Germany's Player of the Year for 2015, fourth win of his career

Özil won by a landslide with Thomas Muller coming in second

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Özil has been named Germany’s Player of the Year for 2015, according to theDFB’s official website. This is the fourth time Özil has won the award after a hat-trick of titles between 2011 and 2013.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was absolutely livid at the time watching this. If Gibbs just runs straight at the goal instead of trying to make an awkward overlap around Özil from basically the centre circle, a simple ball from Özil and he's in. Look how poorly Liverpool are set up there.

At the very least Sakho has to close him down but it's an easy square to Giroud/Ramsey who are two on one against Toure. Instead Özil has to play that cross, which while incredible nearly got Ramsey killed.

Holy crap, first time I've seen that. How does a professional footballer see that amount of space and think an over lap is the best option.

Can't even comprehend the thinking, if Özil wants to cross he can (as he did).

Gibbs
Welbeck
Ox

Getting sick of this brainless players that offer nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom